You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Now I really hope that they'll get Izzy and play It's So Easy, 14 Years and end with Pretty Tied Up. This once dangerous rock and roll band has really become a joke. This soap opera is getting more and more boring and predictable with the actors repeating the same lines.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I don't have a problem with the decision. Certain members of the old band (*cough Adler *cough) have seemingly made this a risky venture for Axl. I think he feared an attempt to embarrass him or force into a performance or conversation that he does not want to have.

I am shocked he is turning down the award completely. He could have accepted it en absentia.

But now, I guess, we will get Kid Rock performing WTTJ or PC. Hopefully no Myles Kennedy.

PS. Steven Adler really should reap the lion's share of blame for his inability to keep his trap shut all these months. It was a volatile situation to start, but he made the situation unbearable.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Furbush wrote:

That said, I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses".

Says the fucking guy currently touring the world as, and reaping all of the financial benefits of the name "Guns N' Roses"

I think it's safe to say that every former member benefits to some degree from having been a part of Guns N' Roses.  Slash co-wrote the some of the songs, and rightfully plays them to the delight of many fans.  Axl wrote/co-wrote many of the songs and plays them, too. He just owns the name and tours and records as Guns N' Roses.  I don't really see what your complaint with that comment is.  He's not denying his history in GN'R, he's just refusing induction into the HOF.

Anyway, I understand why people are frustrated and disappointed in some respects.  Axl was/is the biggest roadblock to a reunion (if not the only due to Izzy's participation).  But, he spoke his mind and was honest.  He should have done it earlier I think for the sake of the fans, but he was honest and explained his perspective which seems to be what so many complain about.

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

Who said Kid Rock is gonna be there?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Kid Rock was announced as a special guest a few days ago. Not tied to any particular inductee, but his presence seems to make sense now.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I don't have a problem with the decision. Certain members of the old band (*cough Adler *cough) have seemingly made this a risky venture for Axl. I think he feared an attempt to embarrass him or force into a performance or conversation that he does not want to have.

I am shocked he is turning down the award completely. He could have accepted it en absentia.

But now, I guess, we will get Kid Rock performing WTTJ or PC. Hopefully no Myles Kennedy.

PS. Steven Adler really should reap the lion's share of blame for his inability to keep his trap shut all these months. It was a volatile situation to start, but he made the situation unbearable.

Agree with you for once.  Very good first and last points.  I think Axl's comments to me indicate that comments like Adler's played a part to some degree.  Anyone else read it that way?

Ali

Sky Dog wrote:

Well, I would still like to see whoever goes perform.

Also, to put this in to perspective, Axl isn't the first to blow off the HOF..Sabbath, VH, Sex Pistols....there is a lot of precedent there.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Nothing but nonsense and bullshit in his letter. The guy makes a big deal and alludes to how unfairly he's been treated. Poor Axl once again.  Plus he will never say what it is that's holding things up or what the beef actually is. Truth be told he probably doesn't even know, he just wants to save face.  He has such distain for the old guys then he should spill the beans. Oh he's showing class by not airing dirty laundry in public. Bullshit. He's a coward straight up and he's simply more concerend with being "right" regardless of how "wrong" he may be.

Guns N' Roses being inducted had everything to do with AFD, LIES, UYI I & II and The fact this jackass thinks his new era lineup should be in is a disgrace. That or he thinks certain original members should not be inducted which is an even bigger disgrace. The fact he doesn't even want to be inducted with the old lineup is such a  joke. Yet if the Hall asked him to be inducted with the new lineup he'd likely say yes. This just shows what a dellusional twat Axl really is. Anyone who buys this and supports this is just as dellusional.  I mean seriously read that shit and half of it spills into the victim roll as usual. Poor fucking Axl. Boo Hoo!  What a bitch.

roll

Sky Dog wrote:

just say you won't be there and leave it at that. Wow.

Absolutely. Talk about coming off as even more of a douche than he already does. he's his own worst evemy. Worse than Steven.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Axl you funny bastard, that was hilarious 14

Whats he on about here:

"...anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba."

Yeah man I love their shit, all the latest GNR cd's are never out of rotation in my house 16

Yet again Axl dodges the biggest white elephant in the room,  where the original Guns N' Fuckin Roses music from messrs: Reed, Stinson, Ferrer, Fortus, Pitman, Thal and Ashba?

I'm telling you, Axl has been playing the biggest joke of all time on everyone for years and he's at home laughing his balls off. He dont need to reunite, he knows now he can tour the world making top dollar playing GNR songs without the real GNR until he decides to quit, I've said it a million times, the only reason he carried on is to spite Slash and all his other detractors. Thats it, end of lol! He doesnt need to follow up CD, all it has done has given his post Slash GNR career a smidging of credability, now he can just continue touring the world on the back of the old bands accomplishments and get paid well for irking the shit out of the old band, lol the mans an evil genious 14

Board footer