You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Nothing but nonsense and bullshit in his letter. The guy makes a big deal and alludes to how unfairly he's been treated. Poor Axl once again.  Plus he will never say what it is that's holding things up or what the beef actually is. Truth be told he probably doesn't even know, he just wants to save face.  He has such distain for the old guys then he should spill the beans. Oh he's showing class by not airing dirty laundry in public. Bullshit. He's a coward straight up and he's simply more concerend with being "right" regardless of how "wrong" he may be.

Guns N' Roses being inducted had everything to do with AFD, LIES, UYI I & II and The fact this jackass thinks his new era lineup should be in is a disgrace. That or he thinks certain original members should not be inducted which is an even bigger disgrace. The fact he doesn't even want to be inducted with the old lineup is such a  joke. Yet if the Hall asked him to be inducted with the new lineup he'd likely say yes. This just shows what a dellusional twat Axl really is. Anyone who buys this and supports this is just as dellusional.  I mean seriously read that shit and half of it spills into the victim roll as usual. Poor fucking Axl. Boo Hoo!  What a bitch.

roll

Where exactly does he say that certain original members should not have been inducted?  Where are you reading that?

Ali

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I don't have a problem with the decision. Certain members of the old band (*cough Adler *cough) have seemingly made this a risky venture for Axl. I think he feared an attempt to embarrass him or force into a performance or conversation that he does not want to have.

I am shocked he is turning down the award completely. He could have accepted it en absentia.

PS. Steven Adler really should reap the lion's share of blame for his inability to keep his trap shut all these months. It was a volatile situation to start, but he made the situation unbearable.

I don't think Adler should be blamed for it. How could you blame a man with a 2-year old child's brain? He's only done his part, as usual. Nothing shocking.

I'm more curious about these parts of Axl's letter and I'm bloody sure that some rumours/infos will surface about the deserved 'amicable solution'.

Axl Rose wrote:

I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. ...For the record, I would not begrudge anyone from Guns their accomplishments or recognition for such. Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame..

We will hear about those 'no requests' and 'no demands'...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Now I really hope that they'll get Izzy and play It's So Easy, 14 Years and end with Pretty Tied Up. This once dangerous rock and roll band has really become a joke. This soap opera is getting more and more boring and predictable with the actors repeating the same lines.

14 Years with Izzy would be cool, wouldnt be the same without Axl though sad But its a pipe dream, Izzy is staying home darning his socks that night anyway lol.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Where exactly does he say that certain original members should not have been inducted?  Where are you reading that?

Ali

he says he dosnt' agree with who or who isn't being inducted. I clearly said in my post it's one or the other. It's plain as day Ali.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

he says he dosnt' agree with who or who isn't being inducted. I clearly said in my post it's one or the other. It's plain as day Ali.

Yep- My main problem with Axl's interviews and statements (beside the cancer comments and such) that he's writing and saying these long, shady rants and it's only to hide his real intentions and opinion. Never a sincere, straight sentence. The man we once knew said what he thought. Now it's like reading a politician's spin doctorish press release. 17

(I guess it took away at least 2 days of work from the 'forthcoming' album.)

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

@Mikka

Would you want to stand on stage next to a man with a mental age of 2 who has blamed you for the break up of the band and the inability for the group to reunite?

The chances of something bad happening accelerate with Adler up there unrestrained. Expect someone to make a crack at his expense.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"damned if I do, damned if I don't"

I agree with that.  It was a fragile situation from the start and I'm shocked he was actually willing to show up at one point. But once Steven started talking, like I thought he would, that killed it right then and there.

But until he starts talking new music, he's going to get the ire, man.

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

@Mikka

Would you want to stand on stage next to a man with a mental age of 2 who has blamed you for the break up of the band and the inability for the group to reunite?

The chances of something bad happening accelerate with Adler up there unrestrained. Expect someone to make a crack at his expense.

I don't think that would have been a major danger. First of all, I'm not sure Steven would get the chance to speak to the crowd. Second, he could have behaved. Third, Axl is big enough to say 'you were once my band, now I have others, whom I prefer, thanks, I don't wanna play with you anymore'. Not worse than this letter.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

We could review Steven's comments just in these past few months, culminating in an unsolicited attack against the new band.

I think there was a real danger he would say or do something to embarrass Axl.

To be fair, Slash's revisionist history of the infamous house visit certainly was ill timed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No way Steven wouldn't do/say something. Just no way. I'm thinking even begging Axl to play during his induction speech, ala Blondie. Every band member gets a chance to speak.

Board footer