You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Mikka, Slash admitted he lied about the visit.

Yeah. But he didn't say the Axl's version was right either. There are cases when both camps are lying. And as it seems, that happened years ago, and Slash didn't talk about it in the past few months. So it didn't hurt the chances of Axl coming out of his mansion.

misterID wrote:

"Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out. Taking into consideration the history of Guns N' Roses, those who plan to attend along with those the Hall for reasons of their own, have chosen to include in "our" induction (that for the record are decisions I don't agree with, support or feel the Hall has any right to make), and how (albeit no easy task) those involved with the Hall have handled things... no offense meant to anyone but the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

Mad, I'm thinking Matt being inducted is what he's protesting, and maybe something about the new line up, maybe not to let them be inducted but to acknowledge them. I don't know, that comment was very vague. If their were negotiations to try and find common ground as what he had a problem with, I don't understand what he means that they didn't ask anything of them.

I mean, the first thing that entered my mind was that he wanted to do his speech seperately from the other guys, but again, that's just conjecture as we don't know what the hell is going on... even when Axl tells us!

Yeah, that's what Bono and I found intriguing, too. There lies the answer to the no-show decision. Did he want to accept the award, but perform with the new band? Did he want to get inducted all the past and present members? Maybe time will tell, but his critic against the actual inductees points to the later, or some version of it. Poor brain-dead Steven's comments had nothing to do with Axl's decision, that was only used as a smokescreen.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
-D- wrote:

Honestly, I am done with this shit.

Wish I could get this tattoo removed from my forearm now.

He is a fucking pussy.

He is absolutely SCARED to face Slash and all the shit he talked about him.

Yeah man thats what I'm thinking, Axl is terrified of coming face to Slash again. Dont gimmie that ambush shit "and it wouldnt be pretty" tough guy talk, Slash wandered up to your front door and you sent your nanny out to meet him lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a guy had done me any wrong your fucking right I would be on his trail and we'd sort it out face to face, Axl waits 10 years then puts out a press release to Slash's friends saying "He was talking about you guys behind your back to my nanny the other night, and he was sober as well, just thought you should know xoxox 22"

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Mikkamakka wrote:
killingvector wrote:

We could review Steven's comments just in these past few months, culminating in an unsolicited attack against the new band.

I think there was a real danger he would say or do something to embarrass Axl.

To be fair, Slash's revisionist history of the infamous house visit certainly was ill timed.

Did Slash talk about that now? I missed it. Was badly timed, for sure, if happened. BTW we don't even know the real history, so it's bold to say what revisionism is in this case.

Anyway, I think those parts of Axl's letters are only there to dodge the attention from the real issue, the one Bono was talknig about.

The back and forth on the house visit issue is all out there. Without rehashing it and based on the behavior of Slash and other members of VR, I am confident Axl is telling the truth.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Yeah. But he didn't say the Axl's version was right either. There are cases when both camps are lying. And as it seems, that happened years ago, and Slash didn't talk about it in the past few months. So it didn't hurt the chances of Axl coming out of his mansion.

Slash said he didn't talk to Axl. He did not deny making the trip and talking to someone else.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Olorin wrote:
-D- wrote:

Honestly, I am done with this shit.

Wish I could get this tattoo removed from my forearm now.

He is a fucking pussy.

He is absolutely SCARED to face Slash and all the shit he talked about him.

Yeah man thats what I'm thinking, Axl is terrified of coming face to Slash again. Dont gimmie that ambush shit "and it wouldnt be pretty" tough guy talk, Slash wandered up to your front door and you sent your nanny out to meet him lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

If a guy had done me any wrong your fucking right I would be on his trail and we'd sort it out face to face, Axl waits 10 years then puts out a press release to Slash's friends saying "He was talking about you guys behind your back to my nanny the other night, and he was sober as well, just thought you should know xoxox 22"

Complete Bitch move.

only way to describe it.

AtariLegend wrote:

He's still at peace at with Izzy/Duff and opening to playing with them again, that's cool.

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl and Slash are both self serving full of shit spoiled rock stars....Fuck em both. The only Gnr cd's left in my ever shrinking collection are AFD and the 2 UYI's...that's really all you need.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think Axl was remarkably calm and balanced in that letter. He has his view, Duff has his, I can respect both viewpoints since they're treating it like mature adults. Better that than them mouthing off at each other out of petty spite.

It's a damn shame we're not going to see the AFD line-up together (ever, based on that statement), so if Axl will just pull his finger out and record an album with the current line-up, we can all move on.

PS - and if Velvet Revolver could see their way to reuniting with Chester Bennington on vocals, that would also be nice.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Jeez that was a really long winded letter.  Some of it was rather confusing. Axl will come off as the bad guy again and as usual it's self inflicted.

I'm not sure why people are blaming Adler.  He's been singing the same tune for years now.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, it's who is or is not being inducted, but not necessarily "original" members.  He never used the any descriptor in that way.  It could be that he doesn't agree with Matt Sorum's induction, not that he doesn't agree with Adler's induction.

Ali

Seriously give it a rest. the fact remains he doesn't agree with members who contirbuted to why they are being inducted being inducted. That or he wants the new lineup inducted.  Stop with your bullshit and acknowledeg what IS for once roll

In the end it's just a weak ass smoke screen for him to be a punk ass bitch. Like others have said the most liley scenario is he's scared to death to face Slash in person. not for fear of Slash fighting him but for fear of how stupid he feels about the whole thing. Axl's a pussy flat out. Like Olorin said he's got his nanny figting his battles.

Board footer