You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

misterID wrote:

I don't think he's scared of Slash, or anything ridiculous as that... It's more of a show of anger and disrespect to not want to be in the same room with him. I think Axl would flip out.

imo, I think Alx was increasingly feeling closed in by the HALL thing, as reality set in as to what it would turn into and lead to if he showed up. I'm not surprised. I think this was inevitable. He hates Slash, doesn't want anything to do with him. That's what it comes down to, I believe.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, it's who is or is not being inducted, but not necessarily "original" members.  He never used the any descriptor in that way.  It could be that he doesn't agree with Matt Sorum's induction, not that he doesn't agree with Adler's induction.

Ali

Seriously give it a fucking rest.

it could be the additional musician Matt Sorum....

AtariLegend wrote:

Still never seen any one person state a reason once, why the Rock Hall Of Fame is so special? Asked this 3 or 4 times, no one answers.

If they won't reunite for supposed 100+ Mill offers at Festivals, Super Bowls whatever, why would they reunite for an award show only Adler seems that bothered about?

Slash interview in other section few months back, he didn't seem overly honored himself. Axl said 3 1/2 years ago in the chats that he wasn't interested.

Izzy's non appearance will no doubt be deffended as him sticking to his principles or whatever, ironically.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Yeah could be Matt, or more so the likes of Matt being inducted while the likes of Tommy isnt.
I think its a cop out either way, Axl knows full well why its those line ups being inducted and not his post 94 ownership GNR being inducted. IMO Axl just didnt want to have to deal with the old band and since he views the hof as pretty worthless he's let folk run their mouth off before using it as his opportunity just to say thanks but no thanks, byyyyyyyye.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a cop out.  Even Axl isn't that insane to think that any of the new guys deserve induction into the hall of fame.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Yes, it's who is or is not being inducted, but not necessarily "original" members.  He never used the any descriptor in that way.  It could be that he doesn't agree with Matt Sorum's induction, not that he doesn't agree with Adler's induction.

Ali

Ding ding ding.  That's EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I wrote that 22

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash didn't know why Matt was being inducted either. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

May be the day I get banned from HTGTH.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The HOF made demands that didn't fit Axl personally or financially. Matt Sorum inducted probably one of them. Typically he declined. Being that he didn't want to come off as a dick without explaining himself he wrote this tirade. Doesn't look like the lawyer was much involved either. From the gut.

It's naive, borderline embarrassing. But I can see what he's trying to do. He's got a brand to protect. Everybody else wants a reunion. It's amusing though, seeing this big rich rockstar always trying to tell the world he is being wronged and what's really going on (without ever actually saying it). The better thing for his image though would be to just ignore it all together and release a fucking album!

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:

Ding ding ding.  That's EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I wrote that 22

Ali

And so what? Oh boo ho Mr. Integrity Axl Rose himself isn't gonna show because of that. He's upholding the integrity and moral standards of life by refusing to go because Sourm is being inducted? Bitch move on Axl's part if that's the case. And again it's just a  weak excuse on his part because he's a whinely little C...

Board footer