You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Smoking Guns wrote:

I bet Duff feels a little silly for playing with AXL then not long after, Ax turns his back on him....  I guarantee you, Slash would Never do that to Duff. I need to vomit...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's inane to blame steven Adler. What did he really do? Dared to tell the truth about how he feels? Do you really think that if everyone just sucks up hard enough to Axl he'll relinquish what he's built over the past 2 decades?

Axl was never going to do this for the simple reason that he doesn't have control of it. He says he isn't "wanted or respected" which translates to me as he's not able to set the terms, it's someone else's show with their view of reality being honoured, not Axl's.

The thing is normally, Axl's been in control since 1993 or whenever. He took control then because the GNR juggernaught was getting hard for him to handle, and he's been in control so long I doubt he could stomach letting someone else rule him now. And I'm not saying that to mock him. If i was in Axl's situation (rockstar etc) I'd want control too. It's the smart thing to do.

At the end of the day, he was always in a no win situation here.

What was he to do? Smile with Slash and pose for photos, when we know he loathes him? Jump up and play with the old guys - when in Axl's head GNR is legitimately the new line up? Watch as the world pisses on the tour he's just done and calls for a reunion 1000 times over. Or fuck up the show and let people call him a hack? Hang out with the people he made into employees and talk about back when they owned the band too?

There's no way he can do stuff with the old line up. It's safe to have a cameo from duff or Izzy, but assembling the real old GNR, the one that created the legacy would mean he'd have to pay the devil, the elephant that's always in the room, that the old band died out when he took control of it, that his new band is called GNR but it's not what made the GNR brand. Everyone knows this - but to come and stand it down and look it in the face like that.

He probably wanted some concessions, like if you can induct matt you can induct tommy and give his decades post the old guys some legitimacy. But the Hall won't do it. Because they see things their own way, and at the end of the day that's a loss of control Axl can't tolerate in his world.

For the record I'm not meaning this post to shit on Axl. I think everyone in GNR must have their own devils to pay. For example, if I were Slash, everytime I saw Steven's stroke-affected face, I'd remember it was me that got him into heroin, and I'd think about how I kicked my childhood friend out of the band rather than force him to into rehab, and I'd wonder how my own addiction would have gone if I'd been unable to tour and watched the band go off onto superstardom alone.

Everyone in GNR had their moments and did what they had to do to survive being in GNR, and none of it was pretty. So I think Axl just doesn't want to celebrate that on someone else's terms - and given the history of the band - that's not surprising!

Best thing for Axl to save face now would be to take his modern GNR and put out some new material with them. He'll do what he'll do. But just as we're all excited for apocalyptic love i'm sure a new GNR song or two would really warm the hearts of the fans and make this mess blow over.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think this is gonna blow over...he shit on every old school gunners face.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

From yours truly:

f1hbis.jpg

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think this is gonna blow over...he shit on every old school gunners face.

The End!

Not only "old school gunners" every fucking fan that has supported him over the years including his new venture with new Guns N Roses. For once you'd think this ass clown would give back to the fans and do the right thing.

In all of this if he really cared about the fans or about the "integrity" of his version of Guns N' Roses then he'd have mentioned new music at the very least. throw the fans a bone and man up by telling us when we can expect new music. But no he's a resentful, bitter old prick and everyone is Out ta get him

the house keeper must be so proud.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Has the photo that was issued with the press release been posted here? I've got it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This WILL hurt him, even Axl nutswingers are shouting "fuck off Axl, u dick!".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I disagree.

I think people will just see this as a confirmation of what they already think - that Axl is a dickhead or whatever - except for the HTGTH type fans who will take his side and blame someone else.

If you think about it - it's basicly in character for him to no show this, refuse to reunite, and come up with elaborate explanations that blame others, or paint the story from a perspective different to fans, or elude to us not understanding the real truth. Right or wrong it's what we'd put money on him to do. The shock would have been if a reunion happened. The real surprise would be him hanging with Slash.

In terms of us old gunner fans. lets be real. if people are pissed with Axl - it's not for failing to reunite at RRHOF - it's for taking control of the band in the first place - it's for driving out all of the old members 1 by 1 with his way of doing things - it's for making them employees not partners - it's for trashing what it ment to be GNR and replacing it with something else.

People either hate Axl or support him anyway DESPITE those things.

I'm in the latter. I think it sucks that they won't reunite. But I'm also not surprised at all. And to me being a fan of Axl means I enjoy his music even when he does shit like that. And same with Slash - it means I enjoy slash's music whatever questionable things Slash has done.

So i think this is just a footnote in the broader Axl/Slash war. It was artificial to think they'd have any reason to reunite. Nothing has changed.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I respect Axl's decision. I understand why he doesn't want to go. I accept that there will never be a reunion. And I'm fine with that.

Having said that...

It's time for new music.  All the BS is done. He's stated that he is no longer interested or concerned with the past -- only the future of GN'R. 

Axl Rose wrote:

The only reason, at this point, under the circumstances, in my opinion whether under the guise of "for the fans" or whatever justification of the moment, for anyone to continue to ask, suggest or demand a reunion are misguided attempts to distract from our efforts with our current lineup of myself, Dizzy Reed, Tommy Stinson, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, Chris Pitman, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba.

There it is. Current efforts. No more touring with the oldies Axl. It's time to move forward and bury the past.

I've been a steadfast Axl/new line up supporter, as I still am right now, and that included taking up for him for the lack of new music.

That's over. Time to move on. Time to "Evolve" and push the creative boundries he has slammed Slash for not doing. Time to reward your band and allow them to live as a band on the merits of this band's work.

Not saying not to play the hits, or bitch about setlists, or whine about using the name (this is GN'R) or anything assaine as that. But it's time to evolve. No treading backwards, no reunions, there's only one way to go: FORWARD.

And we should hold his feet to the fire on this.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Whether it was Stephanie or some other woman Axl has got pissed at Slash for something along these lines.  You don't hold this venomous a grudge for this long unless a woman was involved. Cause honestly the distain is ridiclous and makes no sense and if Axl isn't gonan spill the beans than we're free to assume.

I agree ith misterID,  Axl's feet need to be held to the fire now. He's the goof who is always preaching about moving forward so  do it!

Hey Axl! Get on board or FUCK OFF!

Board footer