You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah and I'd love to see that. I think chinese had some really strong songs...and in terms of the new guys - I like some of the riffing and stuff in Sixx Am - love to see what Axl/DJ did together....if they started putting out music...then it would be a great way for us all to just move on....I'd have the Slash albums, and the new GNR albums...and in a way it would be better - cos it would be like 2 cool things instead of one.

My other gripe is a really want Duff and Matt in Slash's solo band. Not going to happen. I maintain these past 2 albums should be being done as VR albums. Would be killer.

Maybe I just live in the past!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I actually like Axl's letters to the fans. The problem for Axl is that he talks about the reasons he holds grudges. He alludes to the instances of how people have wronged him.

But he never says what those reasons or instances are.

I think he's much better in chats when he's winging it, even though I believe he does have certain answers already typed out and pasted in when the inevitable question he knows is coming is asked...

But he's continually so vague about shit, either we're supposed to read between the lines of what he's saying (then we're criticized for assuming stuff about his comments) or he feels we're supposed to know, or it's all one big seceret tied in some top secret, hush hush, ultra conspiritorial limbo, where everyones lives are in the balance, like it was the arc of the covenant, and all our faces would melt off if we even glimpes the truth for even a second...

He does himself a disservice when he just doesn't come out and say it.

I know Axl hates Slash. I know that for a fact. Known it for 14 years. Axl has explained that at length for years, such as he's a cancer and he'll be dead before he speaks to him again. But for the life of me I don't know why. He's never said why. Does anyone know?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

What does this mean????

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

There's a seemingly endless amount of revisionism and fantasies out there for the sake of self-promotion and business opportunities masking the actual realities. Until every single one of those generating from or originating with the earlier lineups has been brought out in the light, there isn't room to consider a conversation let alone a reunion.

What does this mean????

I guess that until Slash comes out and admits he made up stuff and tells the truth about certain events, Axl won't talk to him or play with him.

At least that's what I read into it. wink

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

so a reunion is still possible?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I disagree.

I think people will just see this as a confirmation of what they already think - that Axl is a dickhead or whatever.

I think so, but that said..  I think so.  And I mean, what little fan base Guns N Roses really has these days, (a couple thousand people maybe), that means that 99% of the population who comes across this not really piece of news is resorted to "Oh Axl Rose still hates Slash, still a dick".

Wow, good PR, people are really looking forward to that new album. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhat??

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's time for new music.

Wow, I have no expectations of another album.  That ship sailed on me long time ago.  Fool me once.....

I doubt GnR releases anything within 5 years. Seriously.

misterID

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

so a reunion is still possible?

To me, despite the cancer remark and shit, he's left the door open. Sorry to certain people out there, but that's what I take from it.

I don't mean a full blown reunion, btw.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Ya know, I was really excited to hear that GNR were nominated, and then ultimately got inducted into the RNRHOF. I debated buying tickets to the concert and ceremony. I didn't because somehow I knew something stupid was going to happen. Oh, look, something stupid.

I'm the biggest, loudest Axl supporter there is. I have fought for and defended the man over and over again. I have warned friends not to say stupid shit about him unless they wanted an earful. And this right here makes me roll my eyes and groan. On the other hand, I think back to something I remember reading a long time ago. About how Axl never really wanted any of this, and how he never expected GNR to get as big as they did. It doesn't explain what he's doing, but maybe it explains how his mind functions. I don't know. I've always sort of felt bad for him. He has such an amazing talent, and instead of using it he throws shit around like this. For what? How does this do anything good for him or GNR?
Axl Rose everybody- misuunderstood, moody, and completely confusing.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

This is the end isn't it. .. ......

Or is it a new beginning....

Board footer