You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

slcpunk wrote:

Well at the end of the day I will say this: Prove them all wrong Axl and create something incredible with this new group of guys you have. Yes they can KILL IT in concert, but the majority of that (what they play) is from the old days...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:

AWESOME Post Aussie. Disecting it like that just shows how off Axl is.

Indeed

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Aussie wrote:

Well my take on the whole thing....

First thoughts are he is a very bitter old man that doesn't appear to have grown one ounce over the last 20 odd years.  Rather he seems to have gotten worse, he is even more bitter and nasty now if that's possible.  Not that I needed this HOF statement to confirm that.

As Monkey said, it seems the fact that he can't control this whole thing is definitely an element in his decision not to be there.  Sounds like he has tried to negotiate with them over who is going, or who gets to play or maybe even who gets inducted.

If he has to stand on stage with individuals who have sued him multiple times for his livelihood, badmouthed him in the press, and outwardly lied about past events in an effort to smear him, then, yes, he should be willing to walk away from a situation where he could be embarrassed or forced to do something he is uncomfortable.

I thought this comment was interesting:

the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

Maybe it was a big shock for him to come up against someone that actually said "NO" to him for a change. Must be a slap in the face to find out that not everybody bows down at the Rose Altar.  Although just because someone didn't agree with him or bend over to accomodate him it doesn't automatically mean he's not wanted or respected.  But then again when those people you sourround yourself with for years don't have the word "No" in their vocabulary when you want something, it must come as quite a shock when confronted with it.

You have a very distorted view of Axl Rose. He isn't under any obligation to attend, especially considering there are people on stage who have sued him for millions of dollars, accused him of fraud, theft, and even attempted to seize control of the band in court.

I also find these two statement contradictary:

had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame,......Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out.

Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

If you haven't made any requests or demands then what is there to "work out".  If you are after an "amicable solution", this implies a solution that is acceptable to both parties.  Therefore it must involve some type of requests or demands from both sides.  So which is it?

Axl's camp was in negotiations with the HOF, but never demanded that a set of conditions be met for his attendance. We don't know if he submitted an official request, but may have inquired about the induction, speeches, performances, dressing rooms; he may not have been comfortable with the arrangements and asked if there were any alternatives.

Finally, to refuse to accept his induction altogether is unforgiveable.  That to me is another chance for him to indirectly control/influence the other old guys by basically shitting on their parade.  By all means don't go for whatever petty reasons but seriously, don't fucken refuse the award.  Yes it's his right, but fuck me have some level of graciousness and consideration for others for just once in your life.

Why exactly? A lot of people don't believe the RRHOF really stands for anything substantial. A lot of great bands/artists aren't in the Hall. In fact, the criteria for induction is so nebulous, no one really knows what it is.

So yeah. If Axl felt that he didnt want to be associated, then that is his right. Other bands have done exactly what he has.

killingvector

Aussie wrote:

Noticed Axl had this pic with the letter, is this the first proper band photo we have of this lineup?

http://i42.tinypic.com/35aue0h.jpg

Also the fact he sent that with the statement is just another unnecessary back handed swipe at the old guys IMO.

LMAO.

Or perhaps it underlies exactly what Axl said in his letter: that he is looking toward the future with the group of guys he has in his employ.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
killingvector wrote:
Aussie wrote:

First thoughts are he is a very bitter old man that doesn't appear to have grown one ounce over the last 20 odd years.  Rather he seems to have gotten worse, he is even more bitter and nasty now if that's possible.  Not that I needed this HOF statement to confirm that.

As Monkey said, it seems the fact that he can't control this whole thing is definitely an element in his decision not to be there.  Sounds like he has tried to negotiate with them over who is going, or who gets to play or maybe even who gets inducted.

If he has to stand on stage with individuals who have sued him multiple times for his livelihood, badmouthed him in the press, and outwardly lied about past events in an effort to smear him, then, yes, he should be willing to walk away from a situation where he could be embarrassed or forced to do something he is uncomfortable.

the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected.

Maybe it was a big shock for him to come up against someone that actually said "NO" to him for a change. Must be a slap in the face to find out that not everybody bows down at the Rose Altar.  Although just because someone didn't agree with him or bend over to accomodate him it doesn't automatically mean he's not wanted or respected.  But then again when those people you sourround yourself with for years don't have the word "No" in their vocabulary when you want something, it must come as quite a shock when confronted with it.

You have a very distorted view of Axl Rose. He isn't under any obligation to attend, especially considering there are people on stage who have sued him for millions of dollars, accused him of fraud, theft, and even attempted to seize control of the band in court.

had discussions with the president of the Hall Of Fame,......Under the circumstances I feel we've been polite, courteous, and open to an amicable solution in our efforts to work something out.

Neither I or anyone in my camp has made any requests or demands of the Hall Of Fame. It's their show not mine.

If you haven't made any requests or demands then what is there to "work out".  If you are after an "amicable solution", this implies a solution that is acceptable to both parties.  Therefore it must involve some type of requests or demands from both sides.  So which is it?

Axl's camp was in negotiations with the HOF, but never demanded that a set of conditions be met for his attendance. We don't know if he submitted an official request, but may have inquired about the induction, speeches, performances, dressing rooms; he may not have been comfortable with the arrangements and asked if there were any alternatives.

Finally, to refuse to accept his induction altogether is unforgiveable.  That to me is another chance for him to indirectly control/influence the other old guys by basically shitting on their parade.  By all means don't go for whatever petty reasons but seriously, don't fucken refuse the award.  Yes it's his right, but fuck me have some level of graciousness and consideration for others for just once in your life.

Why exactly? A lot of people don't believe the RRHOF really stands for anything substantial. A lot of great bands/artists aren't in the Hall. In fact, the criteria for induction is so nebulous, no one really knows what it is.

So yeah. If Axl felt that he didnt want to be associated, then that is his right. Other bands have done exactly what he has.

For the last time, this is not about the hall. It's about Slash and maybe Steven.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

killingvector wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Exactly. People are taking this Hall situation way too seriously. The Sex Pistols called it a piss stain and didn't show up. You don't really get anything when you get into the Hall besides just the sake of your band's name or your own name being in the building. Besides the Rock hall people aren't really the most upbeat individuals from I hear. They are a ton of pointless rules. When Rock N' Roll should have no rules or conditions.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Wow! So Killing Vector how much does Axl pay you?

An ounce of common sense tells you that this has nothing to do with  the RRHOF cause had Axl's new band been inducted he'd be there with bells on. We all know it.  All this has to do with is Axl's bitchy attitude towards being associated with Slash and whoever else is on his shit list. Hilarious to see you and  very few others defend him and try to twist this into a case of something it's not.  Nobody is naive enough to think this is about the hall. It's about the old band with or without the hall.

defending Axl Rose at this point makes a person look utterly insane.

killingvector

For the last time ? This is the first time I have directed comments to you.

Axl has reservations about the Hall.

He has greater reservations about standing on stage with Slash, Adler, Duff...ect as Guns N Roses.

I totally understand why.

killingvector

Bono wrote:

Wow! So Killing Vector how much does Axl pay you?

In lucidity.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't try to rationalize with a crazy person. He is crazy and irrational.

Board footer