You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

Aussie wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For the last time, this is not about the hall. It's about Slash and maybe Steven.

Yeah that's what it seems to me.  He may not rate the honour very highly but I think the crux of the matter is with Slash and Adler and being involved with them for the evening.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Don't try to rationalize with a crazy person. He is crazy and irrational.

He was shrewd enough to walk away with the G&R name and defeat Slash's attempt to retake the name in court.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

One more thing I would like to add to the hall was on TMS, Alice Cooper discussed the confusion before he went on stage to accept the award & perform and afterwards. He was the only hard rock/heavy metal act there while the others were acts that should of been inducted back in the late 80s. There is a ton of mismanagement and disrespect to the bands that get in as well as the ones that are completely ignored.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Bono wrote:

Wow! So Killing Vector how much does Axl pay you?

An ounce of common sense tells you that this has nothing to do with  the RRHOF cause had Axl's new band been inducted he'd be there with bells on. We all know it.  All this has to do with is Axl's bitchy attitude towards being associated with Slash and whoever else is on his shit list. Hilarious to see you and  very few others defend him and try to twist this into a case of something it's not.  Nobody is naive enough to think this is about the hall. It's about the old band with or without the hall.

defending Axl Rose at this point makes a person look utterly insane.

There are two separate issues at play. Axl does not seem to respect the validity of the Hall, just as Duff does not. Read his piece on espn.com. Duff decided to attend b/c of the great fan excitement over their induction. It had nothing to do with the Hall.

Axl has issues with it.

He also has substantial issues with people who lie, badmouth, and sue him. So why share a stage with these individuals for an award that you really don't care for anyway?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash and duff sued what, 8 years ago, and since then he has played with Duff 3 times. Not holding water KV.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Let's go another direction with this to try and put a positive spin on it shall we?

Axl has basically painted himself into a fucking corner.

Its new music or fuck off forever at this point.

to do what he has done and to say what he has said.... He now has no fucking where to hide. NO old band legacy to hide behind

its time to put up or shut the fuck up once and for all.

this is GNR? Really? Fucking show me RIGHT GOD DAMN NOW!

Studio by this Summer. Album by Next Summer. Get it done or we fucking boycott.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

There is NO excuse for them to not have an album out this year. NEXT SUMMER?  Might as well give them an all expenses paid trip to Fiji and let them chill. Giving them till next summer is like saying "well you're kind of  dick Axl but I still have faith in you, take your time sweety and make the best album you can, we love you no matter what" Fuck that. He's had 15 years to come up with shit. They should god damn well have an album out in 2012. You don't say what Axl said and then alow them 18 months of grace.  he wanst to move forwrad with the new band then fucking do it. NOW! Show the world you're the man(which he's clearly not)

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Interview with Slash and Adler

Nothing major really

Dee Snider dissing Axl etc

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq2iqa … 24&fbc=249

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah I agree. Axl really needs to put out some new songs as well as a new album sometime "soon". Axl should really listen to Ron's plan by touring for abit, going into a studio and setting up several sessions and busting out a song every few months and releasing it on their facebook, twitter, iTunes, etc etc for a modest price. Since there are probably hundreds of song ideas and parts that can be turned into something great and DJ can give it that rock radio friendly touch too since TIGH has sold pretty well. Despite Nikki Sixx being probably the only member people knew about at the time.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

He's going to have problems with Interscope wanting to release another Guns N' Roses record without Slash on it.

Who are we kidding anyway?  He'll probably take months in the studio trying to find the correct guitar solo to cut and paste in.

Board footer