You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: RRHoF Discussion (Izzy/Slash/Axl Press Statements)

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

I really don't get why people think this is NOT about the hall.  I mean did you completely ignore this:  "the Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony doesn't appear to be somewhere I'm actually wanted or respected."

How can you read that and say that he's not upset with the HOF?

Ali

Dude, don't play the ignorant or technicality card on this one...it isn't going to fly.

He's upset with the HoF because they said no to him on things having to do with their induction.  Not because they are the HoF; not because of something the HoF said or did publicly; not because they were inducting him.  They told him no. 

To Axl, saying no to his demands is the same as indicating he's not wanted or being disrespected.  I guess the good news for Axl is he's now getting exactly what he complained about, but he's getting it from his fans in addition to the fans of the old band.  DJ posted the letter on facebook and 75% of the comments were blasting Axl.  Those weren't coming from fans of the old band.

When did I say he's upset with HOF for being the HOF? 

He's upset with them, clearly.  It sounds like because they would not compromise with him on certain things in order to make the situation less "awkward" (as he alluded to in the beginning).

Regardless, he's upset with the HOF, or more precisely, the people involved with the induction ceremony.  So, it is about the HOF and the induction ceremony.

Ali

No, it's about Axl Rose.  The HoF is just the platform.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Axl's a pud. And while I've known this for quite some time, I didn't know he was this much of a pud.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The only thing about this whole shit storm that I like is that he's refusing induction, only because I've seen dudes who no show and criticize the HOF still take that induction... I'm looking at you Neil Young.

Like Buzz said, this is about Axl and whatever his beef is with the HOF induction process. And probably, more than anything, control.

I'm not going to blame the dude for not doing anything he doesn't feel comfortable with. I still think if he showed it would have been an ugly, awkward and possibly embarrassing situation and I can't blame him for wanting to avoid that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:

The only thing about this whole shit storm that I like is that he's refusing induction, only because I've seen dudes who no show and criticize the HOF still take that induction... I'm looking at you Neil Young.

Like Buzz said, this is about Axl and whatever his beef is with the HOF induction process. And probably, more than anything, control.

I'm not going to blame the dude for not doing anything he doesn't feel comfortable with. I still think if he showed it would have been an ugly, awkward and possibly embarrassing situation and I can't blame him for wanting to avoid that.

More embaressing than writing a letter about it?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It would have had to be explained at some point. The alternative is leaving everyone in limbo as to why he no showed.

The problem with the letter is that it didn't say what the reasons are, specifically, that happened in the negotiations with the HOF in why he's refusing induction.

There's nothing wrong with writing a letter. There's not a whole lot wrong with THAT letter, tbh. It's him trying to put out his stance, but he's still hurting himself with the vagueness.

There was no reason to go if they weren't going to play.

Sky Dog wrote:

So, what's Izzy's reason for not going now? Axl won't be there so there is no potential disaster. Why doesn't he just show up with the rest and hang out? Why is he not being held accountable for showing up? Why does he get a hall pass now?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Dude, don't play the ignorant or technicality card on this one...it isn't going to fly.

He's upset with the HoF because they said no to him on things having to do with their induction.  Not because they are the HoF; not because of something the HoF said or did publicly; not because they were inducting him.  They told him no. 

To Axl, saying no to his demands is the same as indicating he's not wanted or being disrespected.  I guess the good news for Axl is he's now getting exactly what he complained about, but he's getting it from his fans in addition to the fans of the old band.  DJ posted the letter on facebook and 75% of the comments were blasting Axl.  Those weren't coming from fans of the old band.

When did I say he's upset with HOF for being the HOF? 

He's upset with them, clearly.  It sounds like because they would not compromise with him on certain things in order to make the situation less "awkward" (as he alluded to in the beginning).

Regardless, he's upset with the HOF, or more precisely, the people involved with the induction ceremony.  So, it is about the HOF and the induction ceremony.

Ali

No, it's about Axl Rose.  The HoF is just the platform.

I'm speaking as to my interpretation of his position from his letter.  From his position/perspective, it sounds to me as if it is about the HOF and/or the people involved are an issue for him.  If you want to disregard that, well 19

Ali

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It would have had to be explained at some point. The alternative is leaving everyone in limbo as to why he no showed.

The problem with the letter is that it didn't say what the reasons are, specifically, that happened in the negotiations with the HOF in why he's refusing induction.

There's nothing wrong with writing a letter. There's not a whole lot wrong with THAT letter, tbh. It's him trying to put out his stance, but he's still hurting himself with the vagueness.

There was no reason to go if they weren't going to play.

It has to be vague.  If he ever went into the details, people would know he was nuts.  I mean, I guess people know it already, but he'd be fessing up to it.  I think most of us believe whatever made him mad 25 years ago was probably worth getting mad about.  It's been at least 20 years.  Let it go for your own sake if nothing else.

I agree that there's no problem with a letter, but I don't agree that there's no problem with THAT letter.  I also think the timing of it is highly suspect.

I did expect this (though I expected it weeks ago) and honestly, this is the best thing for all involved if we're really going to be honest about it.  He's right about one thing...if there's ever going to be a reunion (there may not be, but if there ever was going to be one), it isn't going to happen when Axl specifically, but both sides in general, feel the way they apparently still do.  And so because of that, whatever happened at the ceremony could have been a disaster that probably would have killed any chance of anything ever happening.  Again, it's not likely anyway, but anything short of this would almost assure it could never happen.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:

I'm speaking as to my interpretation of his position from his letter.  From his position/perspective, it sounds to me as if it is about the HOF and/or the people involved are an issue for him.  If you want to disregard that, well 19

Ali

I have no choice but to disregard it.  Most of what he said had nothing to do with the HoF other than that it happened to be the event where this meeting was supposed to take place, thus it is the platform.  This letter is not about the HoF (outside of their decision not to cower to his demands); this letter is about him and his relationships with his past (and current) bandmates.  There's no other way to interpret it logically.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

So, what's Izzy's reason for not going now? Axl won't be there so there is no potential disaster. Why doesn't he just show up with the rest and hang out? Why is he not being held accountable for showing up? Why does he get a hall pass now?

Has Izzy officially said ANYTHING about it since it was announced?

Board footer