You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Bumblefoot on new GN'R album

Aussie wrote:

Ahh if only they would listen to Ron and do something like this:

This line-up really should be releasing music. For years I've been vocal about my 'wish list', to have the band write one song before every leg of a tour - we hit the studio and bang out a song, we play that song live during that tour, then we do the same for the next leg of the tour. If we did that there would be a full album of music by now.

Let them create their own legacy!

This bit scares me:

if I write songs with GNR in the future, even better. I'd like to

These poor guys haven't even started writing new songs together????  I assume Axl has them reworking old Chinese songs if anything.  Damn these musicians are being so underutilized.

The Bucket and Finck era stuff - just release it now and get the new guys to start with a clean slate.  This sort of strategy should result in a shitload of new stuff being out there (chinese 2 plus brand new stuff) to really cement them as a new band in their own right.

I agree. Release the most session work they can find, compile it together with bonus material, and release it. Then start fresh with new songs with the current lineup. This is the best approach for Axl & the GNR name. So it looks like DJ and Axl, maybe Tommy are the only band members that have written material for the band as of right now. They could re-use alot of synth instrumentals or keyboard parts from Mother Goose and Dizzy from over the years. Ron has so much to give to the band and Axl seriously needs to take advantage of it. Same with DJ, Frank, and the others. That plan would work perfectly with the lineup's crazy touring schedule. Hoping he keeps talking to the guy about this idea cause it could help both the lineup become successful and make us fans so so happy! No one loses from this scenario. I would tell Axl to screw the record label. Put it out on just Black Frog. Don't worry about Interscope or Geffen. Fuck Azoff and other personal standing in the way.  Use facebook, twitter, VH1 Classic to help promote it. There ya go. It may take a few years to fully pay off; but I WOULD SAY IT'S A PERFECT CRIME!!!

Sky Dog wrote:

it would be a crime alright because he would be stealing from Universal/Geffen and they don't take kindly to artists "screwing" them as the Greatest Hits lawsuit showed.

Sky Dog wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

That line about Axl chopping and changing parts from guitar solos is interesting. I wonder if the guitarist then goes in and lays down a version of Axl's solo from scratch. Hell, I wonder if Axl's ever cut together a solo that's actually physically impossible to play.

that just shows you how insane he is....:nervous:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

tbph, I haven't heard anything Ron has done that has me confident in his writing skills. From his solo work I think it might be best if he just added solos and riffs.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....totally agree.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
misterID wrote:

tbph, I haven't heard anything Ron has done that has me confident in his writing skills. From his solo work I think it might be best if he just added solos and riffs.

Indeed, and sadly. I put faith in Ashba.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm sure they'll pull something out of their asses sometime soon. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

*shakes head at Russs*

Well, the thing is this also -- DJ has written like a dozen or so songs and given them to Axl. Tommy says Axl likes some of them and that there are some songs outside the 20 some odd songs completed that he'd like to flesh out. So, something is happening writing-wise. What I'm getting is that Ron "possibly"  hasn't given Axl any songs... Or if he has, maybe Axl didn't like them. Axl isn't a "get in the same room and bust some songs out" kind of guy. From all of our knowledge, going back to the writing for UYI to the CD sessions, is that Axl likes people writing him stuff and sending it to him... Kind of what DJ is doing. I'm just getting the feeling that any material made by these guys... I'm not seeing Ron playing a huge part in it.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

That line about Axl chopping and changing parts from guitar solos is interesting. I wonder if the guitarist then goes in and lays down a version of Axl's solo from scratch. Hell, I wonder if Axl's ever cut together a solo that's actually physically impossible to play.

that just shows you how insane he is....:nervous:

Yeah, but would you know that if Ron didn't say that?  I wouldn't know it.  The solos still sound pretty fluid to me.  It's an odd practice for sure, but I honestly don't think the solos sound disjointed or anything and from what I've heard.  I imagine the individual takes probably sound o.k., so I wonder why Axl and Caram did this. Ron's such a skilled player, he probably could nail most anything in a complete take, if not the first take, I'd think.

Ali

Board footer