You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

slashsfro wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Blu-Ray-Release/f … B005OGYH90

The last 2 comments on the bottom say that users were able to play this on their PS3.  In addition, amazon.co.uk isn't really accurate when it comes to bluray region coding sometimes.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The band sounds great in all of those clips.  I realized how much I missed Adler's drums on those AFD songs.  He brings a certain something to those songs that I can't quite describe.  The same thing for Duff's backing vocals on SCOM.

Mikkamakka wrote:

This was a great performance. Can't wait to hear and see the pro-shot version on HBO, unless Axl finds a legal way to  block it. Just the way he did with the GN'R songs on Slash's Stoke-on-Trent DVD.

Wait, Axl actually did that?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Is that why there is no bluray or DVD release of that Stoke on Trent concert in the US?  There is a region free version available from Amazon.co.uk though.

never heard of that as well..  is that true?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

The last 2 comments on the bottom say that users were able to play this on their PS3.  In addition, amazon.co.uk isn't really accurate when it comes to bluray region coding sometimes.

Cool, thanks. I might buy it. From what I've seen on YouTube, Slash kills it during this show. Myles ruins Brownstone, but other than that he seems tolerable.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This kicked fucking ass.

Hope Axl had fun at home while Guns N Roses were kicking ass.

Too bad Myles didn't get VR gig... They would push nu gnr.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

This kicked fucking ass.

Hope Axl had fun at home while Guns N Roses were kicking ass.

Too bad Myles didn't get VR gig... They would push nu gnr.

I'm a bit confused by that last comment. Axl's band has released one album in 20 years. Bet we don't get another one for 20 more years. Kinda hard to "push" someone when they don't do anything. 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, true. And yes, the bluray will play in your US player.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Cool, thanks. I might buy it. From what I've seen on YouTube, Slash kills it during this show. Myles ruins Brownstone, but other than that he seems tolerable.

I have it upstairs (unopened).  I'll throw it in my PS3 at some point and let you know if it worked.

-D-

-D- wrote:

I would never compare Myles to Axl

but I think a lot of people should throw AFD on and really listen to it again.

Axl wasn't "SUPER" raspy on a lot of those tracks.

he had a very high "Clean' voice on a lot of it.

So Myles does a fantastic job doing the best anyone could.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Right cause no way $la$h wouldn't release that in the US

so had to be some type of shenanigans blocking it from GNR.

only other thought is maybe distributor didn't see a big enough audience to mass release it due to financial considerations...

but I'd bet GNR camp blocked it which is bullshit

Board footer