You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I would never compare Myles to Axl

but I think a lot of people should throw AFD on and really listen to it again.

Axl wasn't "SUPER" raspy on a lot of those tracks.

he had a very high "Clean' voice on a lot of it.

So Myles does a fantastic job doing the best anyone could.

It's not just rasp, it's aggression and a very unique sound in his voice. In the case of Brownstone, I simply don't think Myles can sing that low. He sings it way too high and the sound is way too nasally. Nowadays Axl sucks on SCOM compared to Myles for instance, but Axl can still sing very well in his lower register. He still sounds good on Brownstone. I've said it over and over, it's my favorite GN'R song of all so you're damn right I will be critical of people attempting to sing it...especially when it's one of the few songs Axl himself can still sing very well.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Right cause no way $la$h wouldn't release that in the US

so had to be some type of shenanigans blocking it from GNR.

only other thought is maybe distributor didn't see a big enough audience to mass release it due to financial considerations...

but I'd bet GNR camp blocked it which is bullshit

I thought it came out in the US, but without the GN'R songs. But it'd have been a logical step not to release it at all, if it was cut that drastically.

I don't have exact proof that the Axl camp blocked the proper release, but that's what I read back then. And nothing else would make sense in this case.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

only other thought is maybe distributor didn't see a big enough audience to mass release it due to financial considerations...

I thought it came out in the US, but without the GN'R songs. But it'd have been a logical step not to release it at all, if it was cut that drastically.

I don't have exact proof that the Axl camp blocked the proper release, but that's what I read back then. And nothing else would make sense in this case.

I don't think the GN'R tracks were the only thing cut from the US DVD. They played 21 songs, but there are only 5 on the US DVD. Surely they didn't play 16 GN'R songs?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I would never compare Myles to Axl

but I think a lot of people should throw AFD on and really listen to it again.

Axl wasn't "SUPER" raspy on a lot of those tracks.

he had a very high "Clean' voice on a lot of it.

So Myles does a fantastic job doing the best anyone could.

It's not just rasp, it's aggression and a very unique sound in his voice. In the case of Brownstone, I simply don't think Myles can sing that low. He sings it way too high and the sound is way too nasally. Nowadays Axl sucks on SCOM compared to Myles for instance, but Axl can still sing very well in his lower register. He still sounds good on Brownstone. I've said it over and over, it's my favorite GN'R song of all so you're damn right I will be critical of people attempting to sing it...especially when it's one of the few songs Axl himself can still sing very well.

oh i agree def with that. Myles was avg on Brownstone on that clip. agree 100 percent on everything u just said.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

My take on the Hall last night.  The guys that were there seemed to have a fantastic time.  They seemed proud of the work they accomplished.  As for their performance.  From what I saw and heard, the band was tight and Myles Kennedy was pretty good.  Was he Axl quality and by that I mean the Axl from back then?  No but no one could.  But Kennedy was as good as anyone could've been.  I'm happy for the guys that were there.  As for Axl.  Fuck him.  His loss.  This could've been an opportunity for him to look back on the amazing work they all did.  And it wouldn't have meant that a reunion had to follow.  And it didn't have to diminish Nu GNR.  Anyways Axl does a good job at diminishing Nu GNR by himself anyways by not releasing new music from that band.  I bet that the people that were there had fun even though Axl wasn't there.

-D-

-D- wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

I don't think the GN'R tracks were the only thing cut from the US DVD. They played 21 songs, but there are only 5 on the US DVD. Surely they didn't play 16 GN'R songs?

Yeah but no one is gonna buy a DVD to hear Mean Bone etc.

no disrespect to Snakepit but...

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Thanks for seeing where I'm coming from. I gave Robin a lot of shit for fucking up Slash's guitar parts, especially in SCOM. Slash's SCOM guitar parts are probably my favorite GN'R guitar work. If I'm going to give Robin shit for ruining the magic of that song, then I'm going to give Myles shit for fucking up Axl's vocals in Brownstone since those are some of my favorite GN'R vocals (some of the most unique ones Axl has ever done).

-D-

-D- wrote:

I'm a rare breed of GNR fan... I can look at stuff with an open mind smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've said it before, but I don't understand why Axl doesn't sing SCOM with the rasp he uses on Madagascar, and vice versa with the high clean vocals. I don't think he used much rasp on SCOM in 06, either.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

There is a version that is found on The Big Daddy Soundtrack that is a combination of a new version performed by the lineup Axl formed from 1997-1999 towards the middle section with new vocals that are quite raspy and a live version towards the beginning with other sound effects that may be from a Live Era recording. It's on youtube under Sweet Child O' Mine 1999.  I just want to know how Axl can sing well with that kind of vocal style at times. It must really affect his voice; so that's why probably he doesn't do it often. Or they may have been how he sang during those early years of reformation.

Board footer