You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

-D- wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

There is a version that is found on The Big Daddy Soundtrack that is a combination of a new version performed by the lineup Axl formed from 1997-1999 towards the middle section with new vocals that are quite raspy and a live version towards the beginning with other sound effects that may be from a Live Era recording. It's on youtube under Sweet Child O' Mine 1999.  I just want to know how Axl can sing well with that kind of vocal style at times. It must really affect his voice; so that's why probably he doesn't do it often. Or they may have been how he sang during those early years of reformation.

Just listened.. i think he sounds like pure shit on that.

and fuck u Robin Finck for the worst god damn solo ever recorded

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love the new section of SCOM on Big Daddy 99. Very dark, menacing sounding. Wish Sorry could have sounded more like that.

Actually the Live Era SCOM is Axl's AFD redux vocals, as is Nightrain, RQ, YCBM, Mr. Bownstone and a few others. I'm pretty sure Estranged has the 1999 vocals on it.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I tolds yas when we found out they were playing it was gonna kick arse iv had a great response to the show on my you tube channel Everone thought it was killer and even Myles iv even had a shit load more view on my Myles and slash videos over night it Everone saying they want new gnr slash Steven duff gilby and Myles

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes, true. And yes, the bluray will play in your US player.

Yeah the blue ray is kick arse \nn/

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Myles has got some balls.

That was standing in for Axl Rose alongside Slash in an event every fan of the original band was interested in.

In the middle of a media blitz, where Axl raised a storm by sticking to his no-show policy (albeit announcing it just a bit too close - next time Ax, spare us the tweets containing any 'this is (the fans') victory' pep talk).

And a rather daring move for Slash and Duff to go along with it - without Izzy.

Steven had his moment, and he may now have peace.

So, at the end of the day,

is everyone happy with what we DID get?

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

gibbo wrote:

I tolds yas when we found out they were playing it was gonna kick arse iv had a great response to the show on my you tube channel Everone thought it was killer and even Myles iv even had a shit load more view on my Myles and slash videos over night it Everone saying they want new gnr slash Steven duff gilby and Myles

Dude, your punctuation and spelling are killing me.

Gibbo

Gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Right cause no way $la$h wouldn't release that in the US

so had to be some type of shenanigans blocking it from GNR.

only other thought is maybe distributor didn't see a big enough audience to mass release it due to financial considerations...

but I'd bet GNR camp blocked it which is bullshit

I thought it came out in the US, but without the GN'R songs. But it'd have been a logical step not to release it at all, if it was cut that drastically.

I don't have exact proof that the Axl camp blocked the proper release, but that's what I read back then. And nothing else would make sense in this case.

And as well that's why slash does a lot of shows in Australia like MTV classic and that acoustic set because they can't show it in america coz of gnr

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I am extremely happy

Slash put a little something Extra into his performance.. those SCOM/PC solos were best he has ever played them.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

misterID wrote:

I love the new section of SCOM on Big Daddy 99. Very dark, menacing sounding. Wish Sorry could have sounded more like that.

Actually the Live Era SCOM is Axl's AFD redux vocals, as is Nightrain, RQ, YCBM, Mr. Bownstone and a few others. I'm pretty sure Estranged has the 1999 vocals on it.

Yeah I listened to a few of them on Spotify. They sounded really cool! The current band should put out a live album too. That would sound amazing and very tight!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah I listened to a few of them on Spotify. They sounded really cool! The current band should put out a live album too. That would sound amazing and very tight!

I really love the Big Daddy Sweet Child. Especially post-solo. Axl kills it.

The Ritz though is my all-time favorite version followed by a version Axl did at MSG in 06.

Board footer