You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Hall of Fame Videos

That's awesome dude! big_smile I know it's Paul and Robin doing the current guitar parts in this version of the song and Axl working with the overdubs. Robin does a pretty good job on the solo.  I can't really decide my favorite version of Sweet Child. I do like it when the current Guns plays it and I love some of the early live versions with Slash killing it on the solo.  I think Myles does a good job with the song too with Slash's band. I saw a pro shot vid of it on VH1 Classic and it was pretty good. At times it was a little off; but it's not an easy song to sing or play as a band. So I give my props to anyone that can pull that kind of range off especially Axl for his age. My favorite song off of Appetite has to be Nighttrain out of any of them.

Sky Dog wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Myles has got some balls.

That was standing in for Axl Rose alongside Slash in an event every fan of the original band was interested in.

In the middle of a media blitz, where Axl raised a storm by sticking to his no-show policy (albeit announcing it just a bit too close - next time Ax, spare us the tweets containing any 'this is (the fans') victory' pep talk).

And a rather daring move for Slash and Duff to go along with it - without Izzy.

Steven had his moment, and he may now have peace.

So, at the end of the day,

is everyone happy with what we DID get?

sounded good to me.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd honestly recommend the Slash Made in Stoke Blu Ray to anyone who is a fan of old GNR and who isn't in some way involved in taking sides in the fan-war.

Slash is at the absolute top of his game best form of his life in that video chops wise and literally dominates the songs.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am very happy. The instrumentals of those three songs smoke any rendition of the current band and Myles sang his fucking ass off. Has Eddie Trunk had a comment about the performance yet?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I'd honestly recommend the Slash Made in Stoke Blu Ray to anyone who is a fan of old GNR and who isn't in some way involved in taking sides in the fan-war.

Slash is at the absolute top of his game best form of his life in that video chops wise and literally dominates the songs.

If you are on this board and haven't bought that bluray, what in the he'll are you waiting on?  It is fantastic, Slash is amazing on it, as is the band. I got mine off amazon.uk.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

haven't bought it, cause i want more than the 5 songs on the dvd.

so if i can purchase something with everything. I'll buy it now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Amazon.uk, has THE WHOLE CONCERT!!!  Must buy the import version for the whole show. It will play on your player. Order now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I actually bought the Blu-ray this afternoon on the UK Amazon site. Came out to $19.19 with shipping.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Where does that Slash PC outro from last night rank all time of all the PC outro solos he has ever played?  It was amazing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I actually bought the Blu-ray this afternoon on the UK Amazon site. Came out to $19.19 with shipping.

That's cheap. I thought shipping would send it through the roof.

Board footer