You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Sorum Issues RRHoF Statement

misterID wrote:

Really?? I was about ask what the fuck happened to Gilby??? He looks the worst out of everyone on that stage. And how many strokes has Steven had? Jesus Christ... And he was the good looking guy in the band.

*this thread is officially turning everything gay*

And I think Matt put this out as an apology to Steven. Nothing more. Class move, imo.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Really?? I was about ask what the fuck happened to Gilby??? He looks the worst out of everyone on that stage. And how many strokes has Steven had? Jesus Christ... And he was the good looking guy in the band.

*this thread is officially turning everything gay*

And I think Matt put this out as an apology to Steven. Nothing more. Class move, imo.

Yes! He looks like a normal, youngish dude. I could walk past those other guys in the local park with the junkies and not think twice about it...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bono, I can say from experience that 4 months away works wonders.  If you're going to go that route, do it voluntarily...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

You're not getting it. I'm telling you flat out that if they had reunited at the Rock Hall just for the sake of doing so, I would've felt the same as I do now.

I even laid the Floyd comparison out clearly for you and you still choose not to understand.

Lastly, the reason I sent you a PM was so that I didn't have to threaten a ban for you in public for attempting to insult other users and myself regularly on the board.  But I guess you didn't want to understand that either.

16 Did you just disclose the contents of a PM in the general forum for all to read?  You have no issue with me "insulting" others yet when someone debates/argues with you on what it is you're posting you suddenly go all Madison on them. Perfectly fine to sit back and watch and it's all good yet the moment you're involved you need to pull out the ban card to win the debate? The way I have posted has not changed since day one dude and only when you and I argue do you pull this ban stuff.  If how I'm posting now warrents a ban I guess you should have doen it years ago because nothing's changed in the last 5 years. In reality all of this is pretty damn tame so the fact you've now thrown out the topic of a ban over this  stuff makes you look ridiculous to be honest. You just did the exact thing you tried to avoid and the fact is I never even alluded to what your PM was about. You did that all on your own Sheriff.

As for me "not understanding". I understad perfectly fine.  Just acknowldeg the fact that had they reunited you'd be all for it. Clearly Axl doesn't do anything he doesn't want to so had he been there for the RRHOF he would've been there on his own accord. Yet you're telling me the event is something you'd have protested despite Axl willingly participating? No chance you do that.

Again you pretend that Dizzy didn't attend because of the cost per plate. We all know that's a bullshit smoke screen excuse and not the reason why yet you act as though it is. That alone makes me question how genuine your opinion is. I honestly believe your opinion is a reflection of Axl's opinion whatever that may be.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

buzz check ur pm's

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I never quite understand why people think Matt is a dick.

He's self assured..but he has a right to be....he's drummed in GNR, The Cult, VR - that's a few famous acts. He went around the world for what 2-3 years with GNR getting treated like fucking royalty. That kind of life experience inspires confidence in what you do.

From what i've seen the only grounds to dislike him really are the stories of his sexual antics backstage. But I can't throw a stone for that. I think some of us would be surprised at what we'd do if we were suddenly thrown in a such a position of power overnight and where any whim would be gleefully honoured. I like to think I'd be nicer, but I'm pretty sure I'd probably actually be worse. wink

But most importantly, Matt handing back the sticks to Steve for those few songs was pure class man. Had he not done it - lord knows the effect on steven. Matt doing it was showing his honour. It simultaneously showed respect for steven, mercy for what happened to him, and it was basically an all around classy thing to do.

Lot of respect for matt from my end. Great drummer, and it would seem, a good guy despite what people say about him. He was smart enough to realise this should be a moment that everyone wins.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I found Matt's integrity lacking back in the day.

Snakepit was something Slash maintains he and Matt came up with, while other people joined in to round up an album. Of course, these were originally the GNR demos Axl rejected. Slash booked a tour for Snakepit and asked Matt to tag along. At this point, Matt found himself as a pawn in the Slash/Axl powerplay, as Axl asked him to stay at home. He did.

Axl's offering was simple: keep on working on the new GNR album. Matt stuck around and went on to lessen the Snakepit album in public. Nice guy, considering the incentive for himself and Slash to originally write the damn thing. By then, he'd gotten to Neurotic Outsiders with Duff since Axl was idle, so he had all bases covered.

Axl didn't have a problem with Duff's sideprojects as much as Slash's, so Matt went on about how cool Axl was about everybody doing their thing. Doublestandards all 'round, sure. What tripped the boat for me was the whole Paul Huge incident. Matt has later told the story about getting fired because he stood up to Slash.

The way Matt tells the story is to picture himself as a hero and Paul Huge as a Yoko Ono. Quite simplifying, as at that point, Matt and Paul had an equal amount of GNR writing credits - zero. If anything, he'd like to remembered as someone who got booted out because of his loyalties instead of his big mouth.

He hardly ever mentions that, for several years, he was desperate to get back on the job.

Axl never called Mr Integrity back.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Paul had a GNR writing credit. Back off Bitch was his.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

True. Didn't he have one uncredited or something too? Or a b side?

Always kinda liked the guy tbh. Reportedly helped Axl keep it together during the tough years. He's been more elusive than Izzy though. We know almost nothing about him.

Board footer