You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

misterID wrote:

Wow, that makes a lot of sense the way Del goes aboutt hings in statements and interviews. Everything I've heard was that he was really cool in real life and nothing like he comes across through GN'R.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

[youtube]BWzhC-UQOXg&feature=fvst[/youtube]

They are clips from the unreleased Mr. Brownstone video and the director's cut from You COuld Be Mine.

That's awesome!!!!

Never saw it before. Really wish the YCBM vid would have been more like that, the directors cut and some of the ISE clips (especillay of Erin Everly) to made one bad ass video.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wow, really insightful stuff!

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

Thanks for posting Canter's messages.

One thing that makes no sense is the idea or possibility of a super-tour with New Guns opening, a set by the Illusions guys and then finishing with Steven the Appetite line-up. A million issues with that which could never be amicably resolved. Issues with fans coming to see what, who gets paid what, who plays what, who wants to wait around backstage/in the crowd whilst New Guns play Chinese when they wanna play/hear Old Guns. It's a ridiculous idea.

I forgot that Axl explained "Rhiad". But Madagascar is clearly 100% about the old band: "hopefully this will express my sentiments..." and Sorry I think Axl denied being at all about Slash because if he affirmed it it could create problems for him or be used against him in some lawsuit somehow.

The whole album, minus Chinese, is largely about his trials and struggles and tribulations and the iea that there wouldn't be a song, or several, directly dealing with Slash, the old band, the fallout etc is silly.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Jesus, was a super sensitive, hair trigger guy Axl is. I don't know how he'd survive in the real world. Lucky he became a huge rock star.

I don't think either man comes off well from the split but Axl's 15 years of righteous indignation and apparent belief that Slash can have no feelings of hurt while he can harbour them all is old now.

Sky Dog wrote:

I think all this puts to rest a lot of our old, tired discussions...can we move on from the Axl vs Slash stuff? It's all laid out by a true non bias party. Let it go boys....

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

il say this after reading canters interview...........id love to try the corned beef sandwhich

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think the hybrid band idea is fun cos I can see why Axl wouldn't just want to piss away the new line up and the CD songs.

In some kind of dream scenario where everyone was friends you could have everything GNR play together. Open with Adler's solo stuff, then some VR, then some Chinese Demo, then classic GNR.

But it's total fantasy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wow, that makes a lot of sense the way Del goes aboutt hings in statements and interviews. Everything I've heard was that he was really cool in real life and nothing like he comes across through GN'R.

I met Del in real life and he was very polite and friendly towards me. Seemed like a really stand-up and cool guy.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

When you're Axl's spokesperson, you need to channel his moods as well as his message. Otherwise, he blows a gasket. I can see that being a real piss-ant job at the worst, as you sign your integrity out at the door and go with the programme.

Intercourse wrote:

Jesus, was a super sensitive, hair trigger guy Axl is. I don't know how he'd survive in the real world. Lucky he became a huge rock star.

Do tell.

No wonder CD took such a ridiculously long time. After all the wrangling with the label and the various personell, etc, at the end of the day they were dealing with an artist who could probably cave in for weeks if someone'd make the comment on not liking something on a track.

The man looks as if he's walking through life nude. Nothing wrong with the added sensitivity it may bring to his work, but as you say, everyday life must be hell for him if everything goes under his skin by default.

Board footer