You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

misterID wrote:

The thing he pointed to was the name thing. And unless Marc was in the room when it happened, I'd say Marc is only going off what Slash told him. 

And Marc pointed out that Slash didn't take a diplomatic route with Axl, and was kind of being a real dick to Axl. That he took his ball and went home because he didn't like his music.

I've always said this all stems from Axl feeling abandoned and crossed. It has nothing to do with money, or anything else.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think one thing Slash has learned after the infamous 'visit' - never ever trust in Axl.
It was a great interview. I'm still astonished though what fantasy and nightmare land Axl's living in.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think one thing Slash has learned after the infamous 'visit' - never ever trust in Axl.
It was a great interview. I'm still astonished though what fantasy and nightmare land Axl's living in.

The most paranoid  and insecure person in the industry no doubt about it.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

Slash hasn't compromised though.

In that RRHOF letter it seemed to me Axl left the door open for Slash if he publically apologized. With this interview I have no doubt about that. Totally reinforces that.

And Duff did say the name thing didn't go down the way it's been said. He said it was murky, but Axl didn't hold anything or anyone hostage. I assume Marc is just stating what Slash told him.

The good thing about this interview is that no one comes off clean, like a lot of people try to portray "their" guy(s) as. And no one was a villain.

This is the worst Izzy has come off in this situation, though.

Marc is saying that Goldstein made up the "Axl won't go onstage story" to get Slash and Duff to sign....Canter is blaming Doug. However, it is very clear that Axl wanted the name. I don't think he made the threat but he certainly would have put pressure on Doug to get the agreement. Thus, both sides are not lying...Slash and Axl that is.

The rest of it is well known stuff....

misterID

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think that goes both ways.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Halfway is a stretch. I have a feeling that the apology would have been only accepted if Slash took ALL the blame...  I think Slash, even with a big head is will to compromise, but he won't do a one sided deal where Axl gets everything he wants and slash is the bad guy.

No, it's not.  Duff stated, that yes, he was told, or had it implied that if Axl wouldn't go on if the contract wasn't signed.  But, Duff later admitted to Opie and Anthony that he didn't honestly know whether or not that the push to sign it then and there was from management or not. 

Duff was more diplomatic and honestly admitted that there could have been some issue as a result of the middleman - Doug Goldstein.

Slash was not as diplomatic, in all honesty.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,389304,00.html

Axl obviously has no problem with Duff.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

In that RRHOF letter it seemed to me Axl left the door open for Slash if he publically apologized. With this interview I have no doubt about that. Totally reinforces that.

And Duff did say the name thing didn't go down the way it's been said. He said it was murky, but Axl didn't hold anything or anyone hostage. I assume Marc is just stating what Slash told him.

The good thing about this interview is that no one comes off clean, like a lot of people try to portray "their" guy(s) as. And no one was a villain.

Axl hasn't compromised either.  Slash does what I want and he can come back is hardly compromising.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

ninic wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Canter might think that wives, girlfriends, managers would be miles away should reunion talks ever be a reality, I'm not so sure, I can certainly think of one 'mom' who will be hard to shake off.

roll
Don't get why folks get giddy when others try to have a go at Axl's inner circle, how they're relationship is none of our biz but if anything she might actually get the point, I worry about Mrs. Slash and/or Steve's mom for the sake of debate.

On a personal level you're right their relationship is none of our business. In fact on a personal level I suspect Beta and co. helped Axl through some very tough times over the years.

On a professional level I don't think it's unreasonable to question the wisdom of handing over the management of one of the worlds biggest bands to your former maid/adoptive mother.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
ninic wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

roll
Don't get why folks get giddy when others try to have a go at Axl's inner circle, how they're relationship is none of our biz but if anything she might actually get the point, I worry about Mrs. Slash and/or Steve's mom for the sake of debate.

On a personal level you're right their relationship is none of our business. In fact on a personal level I suspect Beta and co. helped Axl through some very tough times over the years.

On a professional level I don't think it's unreasonable to question the wisdom of handing over the management of one of the worlds biggest bands to your former maid/adoptive mother.

That's fair, but, unfortunately, that last portion is not usually stated as politely as you just did.

Ali

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axl hasn't compromised either.  Slash does what I want and he can come back is hardly compromising.

It is to Axl. You agree to apologize and I'll agree to forgive you. big_smile

Board footer