You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash in CD sessions 2001? Illusions reunion in 96?

-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:

Very interesting stuff if true.  It sounds like Axl was willing to forgive at one point, but Slash would not meet him halfway. If only Slash had taken the more diplomatic approach Duff did in his book when talking about the infamous contract awarding Axl the name and when and how the contract was signed, all the people wanting a reunion may have had it on some level.

Ali

U mean be spineless like Duff?

Sky Dog wrote:

yeah! Slash is such a badass tough guy! yeah!

Sky Dog wrote:

D, what don't you understand about this?

LRI:  Slash ended up going to the Hall Of Fame but originally he put out a blurb in the press saying how the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame didn’t really mean that much to him before issuing a clarification a few days later saying he understands it’s a great honor.  What’s your take on where his head was at on that?

Marc:  He lies.
LRI:  Huh ??!!!(laughs).

Marc:  No, seriously Slash lies.  (laughs). 

Axl was right about that in a sense but the way that Slash lies is that he lies to make himself look cool for the most part.  He’ll lie on occasion to twist out of something because every now and then he gets caught in a corner.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be fair to Slash though - he's often asked provoking questions in the media....if he was to come out honestly on a number of these issues and say his real side of it...it would be seen as Axl bashing and so on....I think he is purposely vague and just says what needs to be said to survive.

Izzy has made far worse comments about Axl to the press but always gets a pass.

The problem with a feud is that both sides get blown out of proportion.

I wonder if Axl was so hurt over the snakepit incident that he's blown slash out of proportion. Like I'm sure slash has said some half-truths to the media and so on - and the snakepit stuff was a bad call. But Axl saying things like Slash lied to him that My World was a good song as part of a complex and pre-planned method to make Axl look bad and him good....sounds like over analysis caused by years of anger/sorrow to me.

These guys need to get in a room and talk this out. Just for their own health.

I love the idea Canter had of a show with modern and old GNR though...would be great...never happen...but I'd love to see a hybrid.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Spineless is doing exact same thing Slash did and then opening shows for a band u helped make famous legitimizing and basically endorsing what Axl did was ok.

Sky Dog wrote:

They are both full of shit!!!!!!!!!! End of discussion. It is just plain silly to continue these petty discussions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
-D- wrote:

Spineless is doing exact same thing Slash did and then opening shows for a band u helped make famous legitimizing and basically endorsing what Axl did was ok.

roll

Isn't that his perogative? Duff isn't beholden to do what anyone else thinks he should. None of those guys are.

I didn't even hear Slash talk about that shit when Duff played with Axl. His gripe was going on late. And he was willing to play with Axl and the new band before Duff was. So, does that make Slash spineless?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl did the same fucking thing in regards to the hof. He was for it before he was against it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

No need for a hybrid show monkey, most of the new cd songs are missing good slash solos anyway...

Sky Dog wrote:

some of them are for sure. I love the keyboard work, orchestra, bass, and drums on Chinese. I often wonder what Slash could do if you took all the guitars out on those tracks and left him with the responsibility of playing all the guitars. Mainly my faves like Prostitute, Cathcher in The Rye, Madagascar, SOD, TIL, and TWAT.

Board footer