You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Slash on 'Closing the Book on Guns N' Roses' at the Hall of Fame

misterID wrote:

Yeah, pull that same tired bullshit again. It's your answer for everything. Yes, we're all so pro saint Axl here and champion everything he does. I mean, we totally didn't hammer Eddie Trunk for handing Axl softballs... I mean, yeah, totally.

Weak.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not sure what the problem was with this interview.

On the fall out from the hall:

Axl looks bad for not attending because to fans he should have gone in honour of his past even if he plans a brighter future. But as Canter said - he wants the past to stop existing apparently.

Dizzy looks less bad because it's understandable for him not to piss off Axl.

Izzy looks worst to me because at least Axl has a reason to not go (conflicts with his pushing the new GNR as GNR) - but izzy not going is just plain spoilt brat behaviour.

On the interview itself:

I'll admit the interviewer was clearly trying to provoke slash into bashing Axl, but it's better than passing him 50 soft-balls of asking him how he met Myles again or what it was like to work with Fergie or something.

I'd also like a coherent answer from Slash on why Myles can balance Slash with Alterbridge and not VR. It's not like Slash's solo gig is small time, and was just some quick studio work, he was out on the road with Slash for 18 months...now back at it. Real story is that Slash/Duff/Matt struggle to agree on anything IMO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm a huge Cookie Monster fan.  Can't wait for that interview.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm a huge Cookie Monster fan.  Can't wait for that interview.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, pull that same tired bullshit again. It's your answer for everything. Yes, we're all so pro saint Axl here and champion everything he does. I mean, we totally didn't hammer Eddie Trunk for handing Axl softballs... I mean, yeah, totally.

Weak.

16 Yeah ok dude. The Eddie truk Interview as all "oh wow Axl seemed really nice and he was all ready to talk and say something of substance and Eddie dropped the ball" Boo fucking hoo!  Axl's the hero and Eddie sucks. Blah Blah Blah. This though is Rolling Stone sucks and all they do is make Axl look bad here. Ummm... NO Axl made himself look bad Had he showed up none of those "anti Axl" questions woudl've been asked Common sense but no you and others just choose not to see that. It's always about low balling Axl Rose.

Axl can do an interview and he's all cool, Slash does one and you rag on it for being a menaingless and a waste of time. What's weak is your lame comparison to the reaction the Eddie Truk interview got and your attenpt to make this into a hate Axl fest. Acknowledge the fact had Axl showed up he wouldn't be gettng this kinda flak yet you wanna pin it on soemone else. That's WEAK.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

See, continuing to make stuff up. You're entering jarmo territory now.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Weak.

16 Yeah ok dude. The Eddie truk Interview as all "oh wow Axl seemed really nice and he was all ready to talk and say something of substance and Eddie dropped the ball" Boo fucking hoo!  Axl's the hero and Eddie sucks. Blah Blah Blah. This though is Rolling Stone sucks and all they do is make Axl look bad here. Ummm... NO Axl made himself look bad Had he showed up none of those "anti Axl" questions woudl've been asked Common sense but no you and others just choose not to see that. It's always about low balling Axl Rose.

Axl can do an interview and he's all cool, Slash does one and you rag on it for being a menaingless and a waste of time. What's weak is your lame comparison to the reaction the Eddie Truk interview got and your attenpt to make this into a hate Axl fest. Acknowledge the fact had Axl showed up he wouldn't be gettng this kinda flak yet you wanna pin it on soemone else. That's WEAK.

you have to be drunk when you post...really, it's actually pretty funny. Every post is some exaggerated, rambling, semi coherent rant about all these "phantom" Axl lovers. Yet, you name no names. Where are all these delusional people? Who are they? Let's do a roll call and have a real debate. hmm

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Bono is right. Some people seem to wanted an Axl hate fest from Slash and since it didn't happen they are disappointed, so they are crying about RS. The same RS that was the epitome of coolness with their glowing CD review, the same RS that epitome of coolness a few days ago when listed the HOF no-shows and some people thought they were defending Mr. Almighty A.
I'm not saying this interview was the best ever. RS tried to make Slash bash Axl. He didn't. But people aren't satisfied. 'It's boring', well, if you read carefully a lot of interesting subject were brought up by Slash, at least some infos were new to me. I get it that Slash often speaks, so there are only 3 or 5 new things in his interviews, while Axl only talks once in a blue moon, so even 'my cat's name is Dexter' sounds extremely interesting.
I don't understand those who want RS 'to take a side'. Why? Cause for Axl it's with me or against me? RS is the typical media whore - always was, always will be. They try to please the one they're interviewing. Had Axl taken his precious time for an interview (not a performance for HOF, the evil brother of RS) , I'm bloody sure they would have kissed his ass. That's how RS works.

Board footer