You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: "Blood in the Water" (NEW idea discussion)

-D- wrote:

My honest opinion

It is real

remember when someone talked about CD and the song titles and we were calling bullshit on songs like Scraped, If the World etc etc

Was this a title of a song MSL had?

Sky Dog wrote:

yes

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I think it fits CD session era music like Silkworms OMG etc

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

russtcb wrote:

Over at mygnr, a user named "UMG Rep" has posted this:

UMG Rep wrote:

So, GNR fans ...

What do you think? Would it fit nicely as the 4th track on a 12 track LP this fall?

We're all hoping you feel this way! Especially Axl!

When immediately called on it, they replied:

UMG Rep wrote:

There will be soon enough.

More info to come via the offical GNR website later this week ... Anyone else like Dasani?

And moments ago added this:

UMG Rep wrote:

1) The song is in fact legit.
2) There will be news and an official release via GNR's official forum this Friday.
3) It is a GREAT time to be a GNR fan!

Make sure ALL you EURO fans are out there showing support to Axl and GNR! It will be well worth your time!

P.S. - Be sure to drink plenty of Dasani!

Sounds very exciting. hoping this is all true and this guy isn't a fake. Can't wait to hear the posts when Friday comes around. If this is all fact when the time comes, then I may join the membership if new music is finally on the horizon. big_smile Yeah..I'll make sure to make a good analysis of the song cause I'm usually happy with any kind of music I find unless it's teen pop crap.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

That UMG Rep guy sounds like a complete douchebag trolling desperate GNR fans to me. Wouldn't be excited at all by those posts.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Ali wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

So you gave your opinion on the poster and on the track. His ruse was brilliant; you denounced his game and played it anyway.

He wins either way if all he wants is some thunder leading up to Friday 16

If I wanted to play his game I would've posted that in the MyGNR thread, not this one.  I was responding to Russ, not "UMG rep".  I deliberately did not post that in the MyGNR thread.

Ali

Don't worry.

Russ invited him over to Evo and specifically asked Evo members to post in the Evo thread as opposed to a MyGNR thread, or any other.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

If all this is fake then the guy should get reported and exposed. Hoping it all works out though for the better. Since we all deserve this as fans. All this new promotion for the new band and the website could be great baby steps in moving forward.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
russtcb wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

That UMG Rep guy sounds like a complete douchebag trolling desperate GNR fans to me. Wouldn't be excited at all by those posts.

That could be true, but I'm also interested in everyone's opinion on the "leak" so that's why I re-posted his stuff here.

I liked the vocal loop thing I heard. As long as that looping hip hop style is just a chorus or bridge (or something) I think it sounds very promising and creative.

If the whole song is in that kind of style though, I think it's a missed opportunity and kind of a reflection of the lack of vision Axl/GNR seem to have had with Chinese Democracy (imo.)

Like I said though, if you have a chorus that sounds hiphoppy or electronic like that with a really smashing hard rock or loud NIN style verse, the contrast created will add a lot to the feel and importance of the song. It could be very great imo. But there are alot of musical ideas and sections on the Chinese Democracy CD that could have been great as well. Doesn't mean that it ended up being that way though.

What matters is being able to put the songs together in a meaningful clever way. If they can do that, I'm on board for new music.

EDIT: Had to edit that a few times so I could be more clear.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer