You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

This is a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans. Shame on you, Axl.

That's one of the dumest things I've read on this board in a long time.

Show me where anyone walked away from one of these shows disappointed.

Seriously are you contractually obligated to defend Mr. Rose? drop the act dude. It's getting old.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

[youtube]OkGSJDbEFQ8&feature=channel&list=UL[/youtube]

Hope they bring back the big stage production they had in 2010/11, thought with the price of the tickets this time around it would be a stick on hmm

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

4 clear days now until the next gig.  Time to rehearse that expanded set list!

Hmmmm.... Come to think of it. Isn't that what that article a few months back said. That they were spending some days in Ireland rehearsing..?

Well, we'll see. Something different should happen in Dublin!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm all for that it's time for GNR to change the setlist or whatever.

But there is not A LOT of fans that goes to two shows in a row. My bet it's actually VERY FEW who do that.

Back in 2010 I went to both shows in Norway, but that is only because I have family and friends in both Bergen and Oslo.

Back in 2006, the thought of going to both shows was only in my thoughts for a few seconds before I settled on going to ONE. And I would bet a lot of money that there are very few people in Norway that spend more time on GNR than I do. YES, I know very well that some go to multiple shows, but lets not kid ourselfs, out of an arena/stadium crowd, those fans are VERY few. But I can understand that it's a tempting argument for those who are looking for something to complain about! And right now, for us hardcores there ARE things to complain about, but let's not act like we're thinking about those few fans that goes to multiple shows!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Calm down and stop the insults.

We don't have Russian forum members. But the Axlist Fundemantalist 'you weren't there, so don't complain that it's the same setlist' bullshit just doesn't hold water anymore. (Not that it ever did.) I'm sure that a lot of Russian fans bought ticket to both shows. Cause they are huge fans. What did they get for their loyalty and money from their idol, Axl 'he only cares about the fans and not the money' Rose?
13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
Not to mention that a lot of them were at the Moscow show two years ago. (I don't think even you would doubt that.) So they got 99% the same setlist for 3 Moscow shows. I think it's so cold in Russia that Axl's moving on project has just frozen.
If it's not a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans, then nothing is.

Insults? Haha, okay. Bands tour to make money. Sorry, that's how it works. People follow bands for several shows (like Rush) and get the same setlist.

I've said he needs to play new music. But he's going to play his music. He's not going to stop that. He plays a pretty good amount of new songs and they pretty much even out the number of songs for each GN'R album. So, yeah....

But the setlist police is what's getting old. Who cares? You and a few others keep saying you don't care but you must surely do. Where are all those Russian fans who did go to both shows who came away disappointed? Maybe they just so happened to enjoy themselves??

But I did forget, Slash never did anything for money.

If all Axl cared about was money, he'd be playing with the old guys right now.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Axl is getting more from doing this than he would a reunion, or at the very least, his amount is close to what his amount would be for a reunion.  A reunion isn't happening without sharing the name, and the revenue for everything.  Even if the amounts are just close, in Axl's mind it isn't worth giving up the name and what goes with that.

Would a reunion tour clear 5 or 6 times what he's making now?  Maybe in the US, I don't think so in the world (where he spends most of his time touring).

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Axl is getting more from doing this than he would a reunion, or at the very least, his amount is close to what his amount would be for a reunion.  A reunion isn't happening without sharing the name, and the revenue for everything.  Even if the amounts are just close, in Axl's mind it isn't worth giving up the name and what goes with that.

Would a reunion tour clear 5 or 6 times what he's making now?  Maybe in the US, I don't think so in the world (where he spends most of his time touring).

I think that a reunion would mean GN'R headlining stadiums again all over the world, on the same basis as U2, Stones, etc, instead of arenas and ocasional stadiums in South America.

Plus, GN'R would not be a festival headline act anymore, just headlining its own shows.

I think Axl share on current GN'R tours, being responsible to pay salaries for top notch players, late start fees and production costs plus the entire crew that travels with him (THE WHOLE LEBEIS FAMILY and associates, just catch one of the Lebeis on INstagram to see it - there are uncles, grandpas, brothers, sisters and whatever floats your boat) is WAY less than what he would earn with 1/5 of a Reunion tour.

The only report we had on how much a GN'R concert costs is from that private concert in Moscow in 2010 and it was rumoured to cost 1 million dollars. I guess the average concert is much less than that and the private was just like "ok, you want a private GN'R concert? 1 million and I'll do it" and the guy payed.

It was reported in 2005 they were offered 100 million dollars for 5 concerts in Europe in the summer. In five concerts Axl would earn 20 million dollars and I assure you that UMG would take care of all production costs. How many concerts he has to play with GNR today to earn this ammount?

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:

In which article did Duff recently take a jab at Axl?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i didnt really see it as a jab but here is the article

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 85#p234085

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Calm down and stop the insults.

We don't have Russian forum members. But the Axlist Fundemantalist 'you weren't there, so don't complain that it's the same setlist' bullshit just doesn't hold water anymore. (Not that it ever did.) I'm sure that a lot of Russian fans bought ticket to both shows. Cause they are huge fans. What did they get for their loyalty and money from their idol, Axl 'he only cares about the fans and not the money' Rose?
13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13
Not to mention that a lot of them were at the Moscow show two years ago. (I don't think even you would doubt that.) So they got 99% the same setlist for 3 Moscow shows. I think it's so cold in Russia that Axl's moving on project has just frozen.
If it's not a huge middle finger to the hardcore Russian fans, then nothing is.

Insults? Haha, okay. Bands tour to make money. Sorry, that's how it works. People follow bands for several shows (like Rush) and get the same setlist.

I've said he needs to play new music. But he's going to play his music. He's not going to stop that. He plays a pretty good amount of new songs and they pretty much even out the number of songs for each GN'R album. So, yeah....

But the setlist police is what's getting old. Who cares? You and a few others keep saying you don't care but you must surely do. Where are all those Russian fans who did go to both shows who came away disappointed? Maybe they just so happened to enjoy themselves??

But I did forget, Slash never did anything for money.

Don't need to be butthurt. You are not Axl Rose. You are neither his relative, nor his friend. You are not his lawyer either. That's Ali.

The setlist is what's old. The same songs. The same order. Same shit, different day. If it's good enough for you, then I'm fine with that. But it's not good enough for me. Axl used to be my hero, but he's changed. All that's left is his paranoia. This tour is ONLY for money and he doesn't even try to hide it. Yes, musicians get a lot fo money off touring. They deserve it. But when you're playing 99 percent the same setlist at the same venue the other night, then it's a very, very big middle finger to the fans. That's rare: taking the money and showing the huge middle finger. But typical Axl.
You are the one who can't deal with it, so you're trying to build a different universe or start a 'your hero isn't better than mine' game. I'm not interested in that. Slash isn't my hero as a person. He's done a lot of things I hated. Even as a musician, unfortunately. But he'd never fuckin' play the same shit in 24 hours in the same city. If he does, I'll be the first to crucify him. But you just cannot accept that Axl Rose is a very selfish individual, who, besides the usual bullshit liar talk, doesn't give a flying fuck about his fans. I'm calling a spade a spade. You see no spades if it comes to Almighty Saint Axl. That's the difference.

Board footer