You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

misterID wrote:

Oh, definitely not butthurt, but thanks anyway smile

If you don't like him anymore it's your fault for still coming around. We can all have very good discussions and call out his bullshit and remain civil and respect differing opinions. You and bono have this very strange habit of accusing people of things that, either aren't true, or you do yourselves. I mean, I didn't get riled up and pissed off because people didn't like the clip of music he put out and started insulting the "other guy"... That was you on the Slash board, mikka, when you're a lie came out.

And it's okay when I call Axl out on bullshit. When I make fun of him. Whenever I don't like something and I voice it, that's okay. But whenver I say anything positive or take up for him over stupidity, suddenly, I see him as some saint, he's my hero, I believe everything he says, I never say anything negative, I'm a fanboy nutswinger, and all that or something...

Actually, you guys accuse a lot of people of that when they say something you disagree with. Like you can't handle someone disagreeing with you so you have to try an paint them in this fanboy light where their opinion is irrelevant... But only when they disagree with you. And you take it to these comedic, almost cartoon extremes.

You hang around a board of a person you don't like, even as a human being it seems, don't like his music, don't seem to like his fans, express all the ways you detest him and the way he conducts himself, lie about other fans intentions... But, whatever. Have fun 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If all Axl cared about was money, he'd be playing with the old guys right now.

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Axl is getting more from doing this than he would a reunion, or at the very least, his amount is close to what his amount would be for a reunion.  A reunion isn't happening without sharing the name, and the revenue for everything.  Even if the amounts are just close, in Axl's mind it isn't worth giving up the name and what goes with that.

Would a reunion tour clear 5 or 6 times what he's making now?  Maybe in the US, I don't think so in the world (where he spends most of his time touring).

Axl would be making a shitload more money with a reunion. Just even in sonsorships. Add in DVD's, PPV's. Yeah, he would be making a ton. And really, he'd only have to split it three ways. He, Slash and Duff.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with this.  I think Axl is getting more from doing this than he would a reunion, or at the very least, his amount is close to what his amount would be for a reunion.  A reunion isn't happening without sharing the name, and the revenue for everything.  Even if the amounts are just close, in Axl's mind it isn't worth giving up the name and what goes with that.

Would a reunion tour clear 5 or 6 times what he's making now?  Maybe in the US, I don't think so in the world (where he spends most of his time touring).

i don`t know where you guys are getting from that gnr is doing that much better in europe. it might be slightly better, but they`re playing one concert in germany for example. that`s one concert for 80 million people. it`s in the ruhrgebiet, germany`s biggest agglomeration and it isn`t even sold out. i assure you that gnr would be selling out 4 arena shows across the US, if that`s all they do. they`re basically playing just as many shows over here, but for more than twice as many people, even though the UK and france are exceptions this time around.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

You know, I wonder what the guys in the band think about this. I mean, there's obviously an element of towing the line and picking up the paycheck. Axl call's the shots, but if I were one of them I'd be dying to bust out something else. I wonder if they ever discuss it when the old man isn't in the room?

As others have said, leaving aside any new tracks, any number of UYI tracks are available, plus OMG. Why the hell not?

Reminds me of when I realised back in 1989 that James Hetfield did the same "routine" every night for Seek and Destroy on the Justice tour, "hey, you guys got the album Kill 'em All right?"..... My illusion was shattered.  I thought it was pretty lame to give the same spiel each night, near word for word. But hey, that's what happens. 

But at least, at the very least, play a different order, or different set for multiple shows in the same city.

I would love to see Double Talking Jive make a comeback, that'd do it for me. All faith restored.  Add a lengthy rant at the start to give it some agression.....then we'd be cooking.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

Insults? Haha, okay. Bands tour to make money. Sorry, that's how it works. People follow bands for several shows (like Rush) and get the same setlist.

I've said he needs to play new music. But he's going to play his music. He's not going to stop that. He plays a pretty good amount of new songs and they pretty much even out the number of songs for each GN'R album. So, yeah....

But the setlist police is what's getting old. Who cares? You and a few others keep saying you don't care but you must surely do. Where are all those Russian fans who did go to both shows who came away disappointed? Maybe they just so happened to enjoy themselves??

But I did forget, Slash never did anything for money.

Mate. U seem to be missing the exact point that you're making in your 1st paragraph - that it's UNFAIR to those who've paid for several shows. often across several yrs, to keep paying the same price or more for the same service? If u go to the same whore over & over & she still only offers the usual no/skin on skin deal then why would u recommend her to a friend?! "hey man let's go see Guns N Roses they're playing the exact same songs we saw in 02 except yada yada yada & they're doing Estranged!", "she doesn't suck ur dick w/o a condom but she'll do anal"..

It's his "artistic integrity" which is @stake. It's his LACK of artistry I cannot follow. Dont tell me I don't love the guy, what he means 2 me is more than u r h will evr believe r kno, I just have to refuse to follow the path he's taking. & believe me, that's something that makes me sad, cause I had faith he'd deliver more than he has... I'm beginning to think he's another failure-disappointment - which is totally depressing cause he promised he nvr would be, like Homer I hate when people lie thru song..

johndivney wrote:
jonesy wrote:

You know, I wonder what the guys in the band think about this.

They obv dont give a shit. The only reason they do Estranged & DC is Ron has a twitter account that he personally uses.

If anyone in the band thought they prob wouldnt be there.
tbh can't blame them, money's better than morals/principles. & principals.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
johndivney wrote:
jonesy wrote:

You know, I wonder what the guys in the band think about this.

They obv dont give a shit. The only reason they do Estranged & DC is Ron has a twitter account that he personally uses.

If anyone in the band thought they prob wouldnt be there.
tbh can't blame them, money's better than morals/principles. & principals.

I'd be thinking it alot if I were one of them, but, I'd not say a word and just take the pay. It's what most of us do at work, deal with people we don't like, say we agree with stuff we most likely don't, because at the end of the day its a job, that pays the bills. Needs must.

And GnR guitar dude ain't a bad job at all, even if you don't agree with the way the 'business' is run.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

on a positive note:

axl sounds amazing on everything ive heard so far, including SOD and YCBM

better than '10 N '06 imo

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed