You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Moscow, Russia (2 Show Discussion)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:

One funny thing about these boards is that you find that the people that complain the most about the shows are the ones that aren't even there smile

Ali

I've supported Axl & his bands, I've travelled out of the country to see the band. I know I'm not the only one to make such sacrifices, & many have spent a lot more than me. We have a right to an opinion. We have the right to be dissatisfied. We have the right to be bored by the same concert we've seen since 2002. We're allowed to say enoughs enough, or too little as the case may be.
Some people have different standards than you. This is not good enough for me. I don't love this..

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

A GNR show.

Which obviously sucks.

No idea why this turned out to be a 5 page thread.

Music in general sucks too.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....did my part and went to the 2 shows in the ATL that were very close together. I had an AWESOME time and I am sure the people in Moscow did as well. HOWEVER, it just seems we are treading in a sea of acceptance right now. Yes, it is a nice running, well paced set. However, this same set has pretty much dominated the last 100 shows. 100...not 5-10-2...100. Hell, maybe more. James Bond Theme? Pink Panther? Literally, WTF? The definition of piss break. Play an unheard song as an instrumental...no vocals...do something to get out of this. Sorry for the semi rant...

Sky Dog wrote:

You would think the guy had some true piss and vinegar and would want to come out after the RRHOF with "guns a blazing". Nope. Nada. Zero.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I need to make two points before continuing:

It's a known fact the guys in GNR today kick some serious asses when playing live.
The shows are fun to the people who attend them and 97% of the people that go to the concerts and/or the GNR fanbase are NOT hardcore and are NOT on the boards.

Knowing this:

SHAME ON YOU, AXL.

It's not anyone's responsability for you to MOVE THE FUCK ON.

It's not Universal's, Jimmy Iovine's, Beta's, Fernando's or Slash's. It's completely yours.

The setlist trash talk is easy and to some extent, at least until the american tour ended, I was ok with it and, to some extension, was comfortable with how things were. If you'd look closely, the band hadn't played/promoted cd on US, so a tour with the same setlist/stage setting/etc was only rational.

You'd think that coming to places for the second time would make the perfect scenario for Axl to start deploying the future, as he did in 2001 in Rio.

Even for Axl Rose that would only make sense.

If and only if he wasn't his worst enemy. Wanna go around the world cash grabbing? Is THAT your ideal of integrity and not selling out?

Is that how you prove the world how you love the new band and want it recognized as Guns N' Roses? Is that in what you believe?

If so, I'm sorry, but you're fuckin' delusional. You just lost me, dude.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Ali wrote:

One funny thing about these boards is that you find that the people that complain the most about the shows are the ones that aren't even there smile

Ali

Ah. I've heard this exact quote from another person before and it's as incorrect now as it was then. See, you're not seeing anyone here complain about a show their not at. You're seeing people complain about the state of arrested development that GN'R seems to be in.

I'm a big "set list defender" and even I think maybe it's time to stop playing the same ol' same old.

To clarify even further, complaining about a show they're aren't at would be more like complaining about the quality of Axl's vocals, the poor sound mix or the way a band member was playing something all based on a YouTube clip or something like that.

With all due respect, Russ, I have to disagree.  A comment like "100% cash grab" implies to me (at least) that the band came out and played with no to minimal effort and just went through the motions so to speak.  The problem with that is that cannot be discerned through a setlist alone.  Hence, I do feel that is criticizing a show one is not at.

As far as the arrested development, I don't see how that can be stated to be the case when we know for a fact they have been working on a new album, per Richard Fortus.  If one means the setlist specifically, that is another story, and obviously that hasn't changed much since the NA tours.  But, the Russian and European crowds didn't get to hear "Estranged" or "Civil War" in 2010.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Ali wrote:

Ali

I've supported Axl & his bands, I've travelled out of the country to see the band. I know I'm not the only one to make such sacrifices, & many have spent a lot more than me. We have a right to an opinion. We have the right to be dissatisfied. We have the right to be bored by the same concert we've seen since 2002. We're allowed to say enoughs enough, or too little as the case may be.
Some people have different standards than you. This is not good enough for me. I don't love this..

That comment wasn't even directed at you.  I did not quote your post did I?  Sorry, if that wasn't clear.  It was a response to Mikka's "assessment" of the show, or at least what I thought was an "assessment" of the show.

As far as your straw man argument, clearly I did not begrudge you or anyone else the right to have an opinion. 

My comment was more on judgements of a show based on setlists.  One cannot tell anything about the energy of a show, the quality of the musicianship, etc. merely from a setlist alone.

That may seem intuitive, but frankly, from comment's like Mikka's, I just had to wonder and have a bit of chuckle at it.

My comment was not directed at you and meant as an attack towards you in any way, shape or form.  I apologize if it came across that way.

Ali

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer