You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Dublin, Ireland, May 17th

johndivney wrote:

U 4got 2 highlight TAY
The Best Song Ever.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

my POINT is, the setlists are INDICATIVE of the general malaise that has infected the b(r)and since Axl became commander-in-chief.

Yes, the setlist itself, especially the 2012 form is a pretty logical set list to do when you consider the band really only has 4 Albums, an EP and a covers record to work with, and that 3 of those albums were huge global hits , and one in particular considered the best debut record in decades.

I think the real question is more general, and it's why is the band run in such an unusual way, why does it seem so impossible for things like releasing new music to happen, when it does happen why do standard details (eg cd booklet) always get  stuffed up, and why does the whole process seem to be so torturous for Axl when music seems to have always been his life passion and clearly the reason he's on this earth.

We don't really know the answer to these issues.

It could be Axl himself, it could be the people around him, it could be something else. It could be for a "negative" reason such as manipulation or some type of mental problem, or it could be something more "positive" such as standing your ground against a corrupt industry, and not wanting to compromise your own ideals.

Maybe those close to Axl have saved him from going the Cobain route or maybe they've trapped him, or maybe he trapped himself, or maybe he isn't trapped at all and just likes things the way they are.

It's a complex situation. He's clearly an emotional person and the world is a tough place for people like that, especially when you have fame which is hard to deal with, and wealth that causes others, including corporations, to have agendas of their own.

It's all speculation. One thing we can say for sure is Axl's living one hell of an unusual life path. Going from his humble beginnings to the wealth and fame. The incredible highs he must find on tours, the drastic lows of his relationship breakdowns of the past, the fun of GNR with the pressure of GNR....the abilities he has and the problems he's had...

At the end of the day I'm not sure people like us with more conventional life paths can really fully relate...everything in his world has been so extreme.

But despite it all, I think he's still an amazing, writer. I'm really happy to see twat back live, and I do hope that oneday he shares some more music with us.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Damn! That looks fuckin' nasty!!!

@axlrose: 50 Shades Of... Purple!! http://t.co/oa6R2vdp

hope he has someone watching for blood clots. that is nasty

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

yeah i recon...must have hurt like all hell.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Damn! That looks fuckin' nasty!!!

@axlrose: 50 Shades Of... Purple!! http://t.co/oa6R2vdp

I will freely admit that looks much worse than the original picture I saw.  Tough to know the seriousness off a picture though. A buddy of mine had a similar bruise on his leg, actually worse and he had no pain at all. Then again someone might have a bruise  that's barely visible and it could hurt like hell. o I guess it is possibly this is actually pretty painful for Axl.  Keep in mind too often times bruises will start to look worse as they get better. lack eyes as an example sometimes look worse days later yet the pain has subsided.

I'll give Axl the benifit of the doubt here.

Sky Dog wrote:

yep..is nasty, but they look worse than they are after a few days. That's a pretty bad fall though! The Russian Vodka must have got the better of him.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think by "fall" something like this was involved wink

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

haha 9 minutes of tables and I watched every second of it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Jeez that looks painfull. The perils of drunken shenanigans, he must have hit the ground with some thump.

My leg looked kinda like that after I fell down 2 flights of stairs on a railway bridge steaming drunk, tore ligaments in my ankle and knee. It was a pure cartoon fall, bouncing and tumbling over and over.
I was alone but coincidently a guy I knew was heading for the same bridge from the opposite direction, seen it happen and came running over expecting to find a corpse at the bottom of the stairs, instead he found me crawling back up the stairs to get my bottle of cider I'd dropped on the way down 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

"instead he found me crawling back up the stairs to get my bottle of cider I'd dropped on the way down"

haha!

Board footer