You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Dublin, Ireland, May 17th

Mikkamakka wrote:

Very strong performance of TWAT (except a few out of tune vocals from 2:31), it was a really nice surprise. A babystep in the right direction. I wish they'd play it more often. Axl was amazing in the end and Ron nailed it perfectly. 3 Worth the effort they put into it. More work, better result, they should learn it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

TWAT sounded killer, Ron fuckin nailed that solo! 3

Bravo Axl for mixing it up, even by just adding one seldom played song to the set!:mosh:

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

In this interview with DJ posted on B-mouth last night he said:

"We're working on a lot of new stuff, not only for the music but we have surprises on this tour and everyone is looking forward to getting out there and putting on a kick-ass rock 'n' roll show."

http://t.co/k5RoPxsQ

It'd be cool if there is more to come.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I wonder why they didnt play that on thier last tour

It is simple, because Bumblefoot needed so much time to learn  how to play the TWAT solo properly. big_smile
bucket

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

I don't remember listening to the versions last time this was played live (if there are any out there), anyone able to comment on how they compare, this one and the previous live versions?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy

jonesy wrote:

None taken Russ, I am well aware of DJ running his mouth all the time.  Just thought I'd post it as for once there could be some truth in it.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
russtcb wrote:
jonesy wrote:

In this interview with DJ posted on B-mouth last night he said:

"We're working on a lot of new stuff, not only for the music but we have surprises on this tour and everyone is looking forward to getting out there and putting on a kick-ass rock 'n' roll show."

http://t.co/k5RoPxsQ

It'd be cool if there is more to come.

No offense to you, but DJs been known to claim there were surprises coming in the past which never came to fruition.

DJ, along with other Gn'R members, definitely have been known to say things that never unravel

That being said, I do trust and believe what DJ is telling us B/C the band has stabilized and wouldn't say things they know wont happen

johndivney wrote:

i believe him this time.
there's no way they're gonna do the same set they did '10/'11 during 6 nights in england & 7 in france.
i dunno whether they'll be truly surprising surprises but i think there'll be more rotation & changes.

having said that they did like 30 shows running across the US w/the same set (not to mention the rest of the world before that) so it's entirely possible there wont be any changes.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Kind of regretting not getting a ticket now but again I still would have been eating Tesco Value beans for 3 weeks if I had. Looks like it was a damn good show though.

i dont regret not going.

it does look like a good show.
but i'd have been spending 70euro to hear 3 songs that are different.
it is a good setlist, that's not my point.
just it still doesn't seem worth it now it's passed. it's the same experience i had before only they're* charging more for it.
tho having said that, this week 70euro is like £30 so maybe it's not all that expensive............

£50 over here and I've still never seen GNR, if they had been just a bit cheaper I would have gone.

Board footer