You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Dublin, Ireland, May 17th

DCK wrote:
Axl S wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Kind of regretting not getting a ticket now but again I still would have been eating Tesco Value beans for 3 weeks if I had. Looks like it was a damn good show though.

i dont regret not going.

it does look like a good show.
but i'd have been spending 70euro to hear 3 songs that are different.
it is a good setlist, that's not my point.
just it still doesn't seem worth it now it's passed. it's the same experience i had before only they're* charging more for it.
tho having said that, this week 70euro is like £30 so maybe it's not all that expensive............

£50 over here and I've still never seen GNR, if they had been just a bit cheaper I would have gone.

Or getting a better paid job 13

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Ottosportman, a couple of pages back, noticed that the screens and backgrounds all seemed unique to TWAT, whereas before, covers and interludes had generic images and patterns etc running in the background.

His supposition was that this could mean that TWAT could be regular during this tour.

Of course, it could be that they have always had this ready for TWAT but never used it, and could easily not use it again......

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Question:

Where did the idea that There Was A Time is going to be regular now come from?

From me.

I noticed the graphics on the screen are made to the song and not generic stuff, as it is when songs are played on and off.

Riff Raff, My Michelle, Whole Lotta Rosie, Used To Love Her, If The World, Scraped = have generic animations, generated based on the EQ.

Street Of Dreams, CD, Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain, Estranged = have custom animated images, sometimes live action recorded with actors.

There Was a Time, you can see in the video, has a live action going on and animations that go with the song changes and the solos.

otto

otto wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Ottosportman, a couple of pages back, noticed that the screens and backgrounds all seemed unique to TWAT, whereas before, covers and interludes had generic images and patterns etc running in the background.

His supposition was that this could mean that TWAT could be regular during this tour.

Of course, it could be that they have always had this ready for TWAT but never used it, and could easily not use it again......

Yes, it's all speculation, but it fits!

otto

otto wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Things to notice: there are screen animations and footage exclusive to TWAT.
When a song is played on a one off basis, as in the covers or some CD songs, the screens show generic image, live concert footage and windows media player style graphics based on the EQ.

I *guess* TWAT came to stay.

I *hope* there's more to come.

Also, a la 2006, Bumble guitar disapeared sometime into the song but he NAILED the solo. Bumblefoot is the best addition to Guns N' Roses post-90's era, musically, personality and fan consideration wise.

The screams seemed fine, specially in the first attempt at the song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

tired of hearing about how hard TWAT is to sing....bullshit. Get it in regular rotation...REHEARSE it and he will nail it. Simple as that and it is bullshit that it isn't and hasn't been played every night since 2008. It is hands down the overall fan favorite across all the major fan boards and the band has to know this.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The one song he just doesn't seem to sing well is Prostitute. I've always liked the way he sings TWAT live.

Sky Dog wrote:

Prostitute seems tougher than TWAT.

Board footer