You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: May 19th Nottingham

apex-twin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

These issue range (IMO) from very small to enormous but I feel they all really add up to one big ass problem. I'm not looking to re-open a debate on one or any of these issues, I'm just using them as backing points to Bono's "he's always negotiating" argument.Every other band on Earth isn't constantly nogotiating, they're just releasing new music and going on tour.

"You can say it's my fault, but to me it's like if you're on a plane and somebody trips you and the air marshal arrests you for falling — like it's my fault for allowing somebody to trip me?" - Axl

In this example, Axl falls. He gets arrested. Axl goes, 'I was tripped'. His word doesn't count for much, his behaviour, on the other hand...

Guns is moving forward. Something goes amiss. Other people with vested interests (promoters, label, etc) jump in. Axl flies off the handle and blames somebody else.

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Im neither negative nor a hater

I call it like I see it

big difference

If that hurts people's feelings or makes me less of a fan I'll accept it.

I think a fan's job in part, is to hold the artist accountable.

Axl is supposed to have integrity etc which is why these cash grab same ole shit tours are weird to me.

He is even wearing the same fucking clothes.

My biggest problem with the "bitching" this time around is that YOU started this thread solely to bitch about the setlist.  In the past threads have been started for every show to discuss what happened.  Recently, since things haven't been discussion worthy for the most part, that hasn't been the case.  But you went ahead and started a thread posting the same setlist, just to point that out.  Again, we get it.  It's the same setlist.  If it's the same setlist tomorrow or the next day is there a need to start a new thread to state as much? 

Is it crazy and ridiculous that they're touring CD again?  YES.  No one is going to argue on that point.  We know this.  We don't need to go over it for the 748th time.  I'd brace yourself for much more of the same.  IF something cool happens along the way, great.  And I do think we will get some cool stuff during this run.  I get the frustration, I do, and it's totally warranted.  But we have 19 different threads going on discussing the setlists already, so there was no need to start a new one.  Because this thread was not about discussing the show in Nottingham.  You made that abundantly clear.  It was an attempt to once again start the "tired same old setlist" debate.  And you were successful, so congrats.

nice post Faldor...quite on point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The thing here is that D is stating he's going to be a troll. He's upset and is goignt o take it out on the members here. Axl isn't going to be affected one bit by him deiberately acting like a "cunt" in every thread. That shows pure disrespect to the members of this board and the forum itself. Bono has never said he was going to deliberately bring down the board because he's upset. And are we really bitching about his wardrobe again? Again? Honestly?

That's just childish bullshit. And utter disrespect to his fellow members.

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

FWIW, wanting to release another album doesn't seem to be the problem with Axl right now. It seems the label is the hold up. He keeps bringing it up that he's renegotiationg with them to release it, so until then, there's not much he can do. This definitely doesn't feel like a CD situation hmm

Actually Axl is  always the common denominator. he's ALWAYS renegotiating something and it's always somebody else's fault. Where have you been all this time?

You're right to a point, I just think there are certain things that are out of his control. Not to say he doesn't bare the brunt of the blame for things being the way they are. No doubt. But I think he wants to release the album and isn't holding it back intentionally so he can play a classic heavy setlist every night. That would happen anyway.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

OK, to change subject somewhat slightly I have a confession to make about the Nottingham gig.

Thanks to the 'lame ass security' i got kicked out of the venue after a couple of songs.

The concert was a present for my friends as I'm getting married shortly.

So we'd had a few (!) drinks beforehand and made our way up to the front. No matter what anyone said it wasn't 'packed' - most concerts you have to struggle to get near the front, this was really quite easy.

After a bit of a wait the band came on and as per every other concert i've been to in my life there was a little mosh pit up front.

Have to say from what I saw the band was on top form and when your there enjoying yourself / to party the setlist doesn't really matter. Just the excitement of seeing the band rocking out is enough.

So someone somewhere objected to the normal pushing and shoving and somehow we ended up fighting and getting thrown out.

To me, we were just doing what we've done for however many other hundreds of gigs we've been to. The mosh pit wasn't even that cazy to be honest. We don't start fights and definitely did not throw anything at the band in case that what you're thinking. perhaps other people might have another story and I can't defend myself based on the fact the night is mostly a blur. Although there were reports of more violence way after we left....

Anyway, I'm gutted I missed the rest of the gig, but the rest of the night had its events aswell, if I was still i the country I'd go back and see them again because the little I did see was great. Whilst I'm not proud of getting kicked out, I have had a little chuckle to myself - perhaps Axl Rose kicked us out for bad behaviour!

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Haha no luck 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

To quote my favorite movie, Scabbie, Real Genius, I am both happy and sad for you. big_smile

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

One thing is the setlist, the other is the neverending torture of reading the same negative posts ABOUT the setlist.

I'd prefer the setlist over a GNR forum bitch fest any day.

At least it's music.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

lol dck

one is music to my ears, all be it the the same music
the other states the obvious and give me a headache

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

OK, to change subject somewhat slightly I have a confession to make about the Nottingham gig.

Thanks to the 'lame ass security' i got kicked out of the venue after a couple of songs.

The concert was a present for my friends as I'm getting married shortly.

So we'd had a few (!) drinks beforehand and made our way up to the front. No matter what anyone said it wasn't 'packed' - most concerts you have to struggle to get near the front, this was really quite easy.

After a bit of a wait the band came on and as per every other concert i've been to in my life there was a little mosh pit up front.

Have to say from what I saw the band was on top form and when your there enjoying yourself / to party the setlist doesn't really matter. Just the excitement of seeing the band rocking out is enough.

So someone somewhere objected to the normal pushing and shoving and somehow we ended up fighting and getting thrown out.

To me, we were just doing what we've done for however many other hundreds of gigs we've been to. The mosh pit wasn't even that cazy to be honest. We don't start fights and definitely did not throw anything at the band in case that what you're thinking. perhaps other people might have another story and I can't defend myself based on the fact the night is mostly a blur. Although there were reports of more violence way after we left....

Anyway, I'm gutted I missed the rest of the gig, but the rest of the night had its events aswell, if I was still i the country I'd go back and see them again because the little I did see was great. Whilst I'm not proud of getting kicked out, I have had a little chuckle to myself - perhaps Axl Rose kicked us out for bad behaviour!

That's very Axl Rose of you.  I think he'd be proud.  Sucks you got kicked out.  But it does make for a pretty good story.  And since you can't remember every detail, you can embellish a bit to spice it up if need be.

Board footer