You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

johndivney wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The people who throw a shitfit when Slash's contributions to GNR were downplayed are now downplaying Izzy's contributions to GNR. You guys are what you hate. Hypocrites. Double-talking jive motherfuckers.

GNR fell apart when Izzy left. First musically, then literally.

Hell, he might have been the most important member of GNR--taken as a whole. He was the lynch pin. The glue.

How come there was not outcry when he played with VR. Where was the outrage?

The fact is, Izzy is the single most independent of all the past members. He moved on first with Ju Ju Hounds then solo without relying on his ties to GNR nearly as much as everyone else.

This.
All Truth.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So Izzy is dumb as a cow and u know best but dont know either. This is comedy.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

All I know is for whatever reason, playing with Axl once a year makes more sense to him than playing with Duff, Adler, and Slash on one of the biggest nights in GNR history. Doesn't mean he dislikes Slash, but does imply he didn't do it because of Axl.

johndivney wrote:

Wasn't one of biggest night in GnR history for me. I didn't want them inducted in the first place.
You, SG, put far more importance on the RnRHoF than it deserves.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

You are right, MTV awards 2002 was bigger.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You are right, MTV awards 2002 was bigger.

your petty sarcasm is getting really tired.

im sorry for you that you have been hoodwinked into thinking the RnRHoF is somehow "something for the fans". in reality it's a corrupt institution that does far more damage than good & exhibits a near total ignorance of Rock N Roll.
but you keep on believing the spoonfed crap that it's a legitimate body out to help fans celebrate. & then use it as an excuse to bitch & moan & press your nonsensical agenda.

Izzy & Axl were right not to attend. the only thing they did wrong was not coming out from the fucking get-go & tell them where they could stick their fucking nomination.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha, had nothing to do with the hall bro, it was all about Slash...  Don't make this something it's not, as if Axl was being noble. Give me a motherfucking break dude.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Had the hall told Axl he could perform with the new band, he would have been there.

johndivney wrote:

so what's your fucking point?!

axl wasn't noble in his reasoning not to go. doesn't mean he wasn't correct.
(i never said he was noble. i said the truly correct thing to do woulda been from the get go to highlight the fundamental issues of what's wrong w/the hall & decline it then.)

if axl had of attended i'd have lost a little respect for him - if i have any left.

if he hadda attended the Hall would still be the sham ive known it to be my whole life.

you are the one making this something it's not.
you're the one still banging on about the RnRHoF.
you're the one w/the wild speculation & snide attitude, towards a guy who helped make music you love.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ok.  I love Axl or at least what Axl contributed. One of the greatest frontman ever. But yeah, I am sick of his bullshit.  But aren't we all

Board footer