You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

johndivney wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The people who throw a shitfit when Slash's contributions to GNR were downplayed are now downplaying Izzy's contributions to GNR. You guys are what you hate. Hypocrites. Double-talking jive motherfuckers.

GNR fell apart when Izzy left. First musically, then literally.

Hell, he might have been the most important member of GNR--taken as a whole. He was the lynch pin. The glue.

How come there was not outcry when he played with VR. Where was the outrage?

The fact is, Izzy is the single most independent of all the past members. He moved on first with Ju Ju Hounds then solo without relying on his ties to GNR nearly as much as everyone else.

This.
All Truth.

What he said. It's no coincidence that the best song - musically, at least - on Slash's album is the one with Izzy playing rhythm.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Ali wrote:

With all due respect to everyone who thinks Izzy's decision to not attend the HOF was predicated on Axl's attendance, you have to remember that Matt Sorum said Slash had spoken to Izzy and Izzy confirmed he wouldn't attend prior to Axl sending out his statement.  So, I believe that theory is flawed.

That theory is only flawed because you're Axl's defense attorney and your spinning it to try to make Axl look innocent.

That theory being flawed is only flawed because it paints Axl into a guilty verdict... which he is.

As ID said, follow the timeline of events. Is it possible Izzy talked to Axl, Axl told him he wasn't going, and Izzy said he then wasn't going? Sure. There is no indication whatsoever that occurred, though. By that same token, Izzy could have first told Axl he wasnt going and that factored into Axl's decision. I prefer to not throw in random suppositions.

Unless you know for certain that Axl told Izzy he wasn't coming and that factored into Izzy's decision, your conclusion is premature and unsupported by what's publicly known.

Ali

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Ghost is good. Best musically though is Watch This.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:

Sorry for double post.

Ali

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
johndivney wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The people who throw a shitfit when Slash's contributions to GNR were downplayed are now downplaying Izzy's contributions to GNR. You guys are what you hate. Hypocrites. Double-talking jive motherfuckers.

GNR fell apart when Izzy left. First musically, then literally.

Hell, he might have been the most important member of GNR--taken as a whole. He was the lynch pin. The glue.

How come there was not outcry when he played with VR. Where was the outrage?

The fact is, Izzy is the single most independent of all the past members. He moved on first with Ju Ju Hounds then solo without relying on his ties to GNR nearly as much as everyone else.

This.
All Truth.

What he said. It's no coincidence that the best song - musically, at least - on Slash's album is the one with Izzy playing rhythm.

Sorry, but it's a joke. Nobody would tell it's Izzy playing rhythm on the track, if Slash didn't declare it. Izzy's rhythm playing is almost non-existent on the song. Nothing. Some people are building up this Izzy myth, that has ground, but some of you've gone just too far with it.

johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Ok.  I love Axl or at least what Axl contributed. One of the greatest frontman ever. But yeah, I am sick of his bullshit.  But aren't we all

I actually meant Izzy! Lol
U can say what u like about Axl, he deserves it!!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Other than song writing, Izzy's biggest. Contribution was getting GNR to dress like Hanoi Rocks.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You are right, MTV awards 2002 was bigger.

your petty sarcasm is getting really tired.

im sorry for you that you have been hoodwinked into thinking the RnRHoF is somehow "something for the fans". in reality it's a corrupt institution that does far more damage than good & exhibits a near total ignorance of Rock N Roll.
but you keep on believing the spoonfed crap that it's a legitimate body out to help fans celebrate. & then use it as an excuse to bitch & moan & press your nonsensical agenda.

Izzy & Axl were right not to attend. the only thing they did wrong was not coming out from the fucking get-go & tell them where they could stick their fucking nomination.

I agree.  People are taking the Hall of Fame stuff way too seriously.  And I stick to my original thought that some people were looking for a reason to be done with Axl.  His decision to not attend was a convenient excuse for those people to turn their backs on him once and for all.  They knew it was a HIGH probability that he wouldn't attend, yet when it happened it was somehow shocking behavior.  I mean that's fine I guess.  Axl has done plenty to piss people off over the years and if you're fed up with it, so be it.  That's your right.  But what if Axl had showed up and didn't perform?  Would that have been okay?  I doubt it.  What if Axl performed, but then went on with the new lineup?  Would that be okay?  I doubt it.  The same people would still not respect Axl the way they used to.  That one night wouldn't have changed things as much as people like to pretend.

It's sad that the fanbase is so divided.  Even though it's been that way for years, it just seems to keep getting worse.  You have your Axl supporters who hate Slash, and vice versa.  But now people get pissed if Duff or Izzy play with Axl?  You don't HAVE to choose a side.  You really don't.  You could appreciate it all, or at least appreciate what you do have.  Slash is making music touring with Myles, enjoying himself to the fullest.  Duff is doing the same with Loaded.  Steven is apparently on the straight and narrow and enjoying himself with his new band.  Axl is out touring with the current lineup of GNR and seems to be in as good a mood as he's been in for as long as I can remember.

I know it's sometimes easier to focus on what we don't have.  But if you took the time to focus on what we do have, it's really not that bad.  People need to get over the fact that the GNR we all grew to know and love in the beginning is no more, and never will be again.  It was great for the short time we got to experience it.  We can watch old clips and listen to the music to relive those moments.  We really didn't need one final night in Cleveland to remind us of what once was.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.  Axl sounds pretty good hear to me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, he got ragged on for playing in London, specifically why I quoted "Lost respect for him" and "Duff is spineless," which is exactly what was said. And it was the same thing with Izzy that it was disrespecting the other guys for giving this band credibility as GN'R.

Like everything else, you run in half assed and uninformed so you can can run your mouth. Good times.

I still think laying it on Izzy is lame. He was never obligated to be there and we all knew it was a small chance that he would. It wouldn't have been a real reunion anyway.

As usual you take things from one scenario and apply them to something else. You are ridiculous. "Good times" roll

It's hlarious how hell bent you are on focusing on the negative things. What I remember is people shititng their pants about how awesome it was Duff joined Axl on stage yet there must've been 1 or 2 people who thought it sucked and that is what you focus on. Typical you.  All I ever rememberd up untill now was people thinking it was cool as hell Izzy got up with Guns N' Roses yet once again there must've been 1 or 2 people who didn't like it and that's wht you focus on. Fucking pathetic dude.

Board footer