You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Bono wrote:

This

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i see that they're old friends...it does make some sense in that regards....what would have been good is if he didn't take sides though...he could have turned up at the RRHOF to show some respect...then come and played with axl his mate...and lending some legitimacy to what Axl does....now THAT would have been good...but I guess he was blowdrying his socks that night or whatever "cool" people do.

and This

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin12, I am not hiding behind Slash, it's fucking IZZY and DIZZY that are hiding behind Axl. And I can understand Dizzy, for he still gets paid by Axl, but Izzy only didn't do the rnrhof cause Axl wasn't. I wish he would just say it. Doesn't have fuck to do with Jan Werner or some other shit. Everyone checked their ego at the door except Izzy and Axl. They didn't see it the way Duff did that the HOF was bigger than them and was really more for the fans.  The timing simply suggests that Izzy is cool enough to play with a guy that still enforces a Slash Tshirt band and has to pay hot girls to show up, but can't make one of the biggest moments from the original guns. If Izzy were a true friend to Axl, he wouldn't be so damn scared of him. But Izzy has always been passive, and has always chose to run vs face the music and fight for what he believes in. That is all fine, he can do as he pleases, but he or you shouldn't expect him not to be called out. Playing with Axl? Cool. Playing with Axl a month and a half after blowing off the original Guns? Not so cool in my book.

It's rather embarassing that some of you don't grasp what's actually being said here. You just get tunnel vision and think people hate Izzy and think Izzy performing with Guns is lame as fuck. Honestly some of you need to pull your heads outta the sand.

And this right here.... are you fucking kidding me. Do you really need someone to explain to you why there was no outcry when Izzy joined VR(or Guns) in the past and there is some now? Again rather embarassing that people can't grasp what the issue is here.

bigbri wrote:

How come there was not outcry when he played with VR. Where was the outrage? .

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There IS a faction of people who think it's "lame as fuck" that Izzy performed with Axl, Izzy didn't show up at the Hall, Duff opened for GNR.  No one is making this stuff up.

So Duff was lame and spineless and not Slash's friend when he opened for Guns.  Now, since he showed up with Slash to the RNRHOF he's cool again.  Izzy didn't show up, and one month later he plays with Guns, so he's lame.  Sorry, but I don't subscribe to those theories.

Duff also said during his acceptance speech that "it shouldn't be about who's not here tonight".  Yet, that's ALL it's about to some people.  I suggest taking Duff's approach.  It's healthier.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Are you serious? People have issues with this because there are extenuating circumstances. Duff opening for Guns is a diffrent ball game. Yes some people had issues with that. NOBODY had issues with him joining Axl on stage in London. NOBODY had issues with Izzy performing with Guns or VR in the past. Izzy joining Guns on stage now comes with an extenuating circumstance. It's incredile that some of you aren't getting that.  It's not black and white the some of you like to paint it. People aren't pissed that Izzy performed with Axl because as has been said by pretty much everyone Izzy performing with Axl is cool. It's the circumstances surrounding it that are lame and that's why people have an issue with what Izzy is doing here. It's not rocket science guys.

faldor

faldor wrote:

You don't have to explain it to me Bono, I get it.  I just don't agree with it.  If Axl called up Slash tomorrow, asked him to guest on a few songs and that all went down.  Would the same people be upset at Slash for following through?  And don't even pretend like Slash wouldn't jump at that chance, just like Izzy.  Just like Duff.  Because the guys side with Axl and not Slash, it's a problem.  The next time Izzy cozies up to Slash, he'll be alright again.  Until then though, he's a douche.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think people think Izzy's a douche for the RRHOF deal and nothing else.  I personally don't care what Izzy does or why he does it.  He's always been alright in my book.  Hell, we named a dog after him late last year.

I think as is often the case, a minority is being given too much power.  Usually it's a vocal minority, but in this case, I don't even think it's been very vocal.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I got no problem with any of this.

Izzy has stayed pretty neutral imo.

2 years ago he played on Slash's solo album 4 years ago or so he played with VR on guest spots. Hell they even all wrote the "Greatest" GNR album ever.

Izzy also has guest with Axl plenty.

Hall of Fame was the ultimate side chooser and Izzy didn't wanna get caught up in that drama.

I think if Axl goes, he would've went for a true reunion.

so now he is just back doing what he does. Hell, he may join Slash and the Conspirators on stage later this Summer.

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think as is often the case, a minority is being given too much power.  Usually it's a vocal minority, but in this case, I don't even think it's been very vocal.

Honestly, I just have a hard time with people choosing sides.  There are people here who now hate Izzy because of his no show at the Hall.  This appearance only amplified that.  Some people hated Duff for opening for Guns, but since he showed up to the Hall and is all good with Slash again, he's cool at the moment.  On the other hand you have people over on HTGTH (no surprise) saying, "F the VR plus Myles HOF performance, this was way better".  I begin to think I'M in the minority for supporting all of it.

faldor

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

I got no problem with any of this.

Izzy has stayed pretty neutral imo.

2 years ago he played on Slash's solo album 4 years ago or so he played with VR on guest spots. Hell they even all wrote the "Greatest" GNR album ever.

Izzy also has guest with Axl plenty.

Hall of Fame was the ultimate side chooser and Izzy didn't wanna get caught up in that drama.

I think if Axl goes, he would've went for a true reunion.

so now he is just back doing what he does. Hell, he may join Slash and the Conspirators on stage later this Summer.

Exactly.  Well said.

He'll just have to wait to guest with Slash again until he can be considered "cool" to some I guess.  I'd say the opposite for the ardent Axl supporters, but I honestly don't remember people getting upset when Izzy has worked with Slash in the past.

Sky Dog wrote:

If he plays with Slash and whatever band he has going now, I'll kiss your ass. Ain't gonna happen.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

No, he got ragged on for playing in London, specifically why I quoted "Lost respect for him" and "Duff is spineless," which is exactly what was said. And it was the same thing with Izzy that it was disrespecting the other guys for giving this band credibility as GN'R.

Like everything else, you run in half assed and uninformed so you can can run your mouth. Good times.

I still think laying it on Izzy is lame. He was never obligated to be there and we all knew it was a small chance that he would. It wouldn't have been a real reunion anyway.

As usual you take things from one scenario and apply them to something else. You are ridiculous. "Good times" roll

It's hlarious how hell bent you are on focusing on the negative things. What I remember is people shititng their pants about how awesome it was Duff joined Axl on stage yet there must've been 1 or 2 people who thought it sucked and that is what you focus on. Typical you.  All I ever rememberd up untill now was people thinking it was cool as hell Izzy got up with Guns N' Roses yet once again there must've been 1 or 2 people who didn't like it and that's wht you focus on. Fucking pathetic dude.

Try reading.You said it didn't happen, then you said it wasn't the point when you were proved wrong. The last few pages proved my case.

Me focus on negative things? 14

You are mental. Your posts are basically graffiti on this board and you make up arguments and run into situations you're totally uninformed about so you can "attempt" to run people down with over-aggressive behavior because of whatever emotional problems you have. I'm very close to putting you on ignore.

Board footer