You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

-D- wrote:

IMO, since i am the one calling Duff spineless all the time, Duff playing and opening for Axl is WAYYYYYyy different than what Izzy does.

Mainly cause Duff was the coauthor of exact same Slash lawsuits and CLEARLY is Slash's partner. so its kinda like at the mere sight of Axl he bitched out *grew spineless* and started licking Axl's ball sack.

Izzy basically hasn't changed much since he left the band. kinda does what he wants.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

They knew it was a HIGH probability that he wouldn't attend, yet when it happened it was somehow shocking behavior.

Yes...which is why Ali's "timeline of events" argument doesn't wash with me. Even if Izzy didn't call Axl before telling slash he didn't think he'd come himself - he may way have done so under the knowledge you describe above..the .high probability that Axl wouldn't attend 16

faldor wrote:

But what if Axl had showed up and didn't perform?  Would that have been okay?

It would have for me. Although as I've said before, I think Axl who (at least in his head if not in practise) wants to move on with a new GNR has a valid reason to not appear and peform with the old GNR.

Izzy on the other hand...can't see a logical reason for him to skip it....and so just annoys me. As i said...I don't even mind him playing with Axl...but I do think he's burnt his bridge with me after RRHOF and he's going to have to work harder to fix it than play 14 years.

Give Axl a new song, or show up with Slash and Myles as well, donate his fortune to cancer research....

I'm just saying from a fan boy butt hurt perspective it's too little to make ammends for skipping out. it's like he no showed a wedding then came over with half a box of chocolates....he's not getting off my hook that easy wink

faldor wrote:

People need to get over the fact that the GNR we all grew to know and love in the beginning is no more, and never will be again.

I agree...but I think one of those people is Axl 16

Seriously, the hall debacle is compounding by the mock UYI tour going on now with 14 years, Estranged.

Have Izzy come out and play "Down by The Ocean" or whatever he wrote with the new band (or actually a previous new band but whatever)....have the band play "The General" or "Blood in the Water" or do something they wrote themselves....but we all know that doesn't happen....it's just AFD/UYI era tribute.....so you can't blame people for not moving on.

Look at Slash's recent NYC show. Some hits from AFD/UYI, some Snakepit 2, Some contraband, some slash 2010 songs and some 2012 songs. No one minds him playing the old stuff cos their is forward movment (well other than those that hate myles).

It's the same with Axl...if he made a new GNR - no one would be so angry bout his refusal to be old GNR. But it doesn't happen. On a good day you'll get a couple of CD era songs...which most of us have heard for a decade (4 years for the non-leaked ones) and then if you're lucky you'll be surprised with UYI hits....it's not the fans who need to move on.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You know who is a good friend? Gilby fuckin Clark. His boys needed him. He showed.

I hear that.

If I was gilby I would have been so jealous of Velvet Revolver.

Gave the guys a modern edge and reinvented them post the 80s...he was left out.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Sorry, but it's a joke. Nobody would tell it's Izzy playing rhythm on the track, if Slash didn't declare it. Izzy's rhythm playing is almost non-existent on the song. Nothing.

Got to agree with this.

The memorable things on that track are the lead riff - which is very slashian...and Ian's cool vocals.

In the past Izzy has done some cool intertwining parts like on AFD...but it's sure as hell not going on on this rack....I had no idea it was even him....sounds more like a session dude than what you'd expect from izzy.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I guess the sad thing for me is I believe in Axl's musical ability.

So this whole Izzy thing now is just a further frustration that I'll have to keep waiting for something new and it's further confirmation that it's going to be a long wait, and one that may never be realised.

As Axl's said before we'd be better off waiting for jesus and he owes us nothing and so on.

And I get all that.

All i'm saying is like I hear things like "Blood in the Water" and I think fuck his voice sounded cool and I bet that's an interesting song.

I'm listening to Sixx Am and it sounds great.....so it makes me wonder what Axl would do with riffs like that.

I love Axl's music and I love slash's. Nothing would make me happier than for Axl to put out a new song, and I'd be blasting it like I blast Slash's new album well into the night...but I don't think it's going to happen for some time.

So I'm sorry to have been negative of late.

For the record I was getting pretty over Slash's "I havn't thought about it yet" comments too....

It's that 5 guys can't be in the same room for 1 night even just to say thanks and honour the past.  It's that the modern line up's big surprises this year were "estranged" and "14 years" from 1991....to me these things are just symptomatic...it's hard to move on from the past when they insist on making the future the past...(appologies to chickenfoot).

So to me it's not a case of fuck Axl, or fuck izzy or anything...it's with every year things seem to get less about the music...and these events to me have really illustrated the rut that we're all in. So i guess i'm just getting depressed.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Most awesome potential thing being over looked is

what if Izzy sits in on writing sessions for new album? Surely it would sound more GNR and less nu metal?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Izzy, Axl, DJ and Bumble on a track would be fucking killer.

But Axl's still sitting on songs he wrote with Izzy from years ago. So why release one now?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I'm sure that there will be one or more Izzy tracks on the 'next' GN'R album, if Axl ever releases a new record. Even Axl's politics suggest that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Try reading.You said it didn't happen, then you said it wasn't the point when you were proved wrong. The last few pages proved my case.

Me focus on negative things? 14

You are mental. Your posts are basically graffiti on this board and you make up arguments and run into situations you're totally uninformed about so you can "attempt" to run people down with over-aggressive behavior because of whatever emotional problems you have. I'm very close to putting you on ignore.

Where did I say "that's not the point" I never did. Once again typical you making stuff up that has nothing to do with anything. I'm informed dude, you just simply lack the capacity to understand what some of us are saying. And you take everything so damn literally it's not even funny.  In your classic style you have taken something 1 person said and then apply it to a bunch of others as though they said it as well. You do it all the time. If there were people who ragged on Duff for joining Guns in 2010 it was such a small percentage of fans that the fact you use it to blanket a large number of people here is pathetic. Most people thought it was awesome, I don't even remember people having an issue with it back then BUT clearly you do because like I said you take that shit so damn personally and harbour it for years. Isn't it odd that me, "a full blown Axl hater"(in your eyes) only remembers that I as well as "everyone" else though it was pretty damn cool Duff joined Axl on stage in the past,  yet you, a "full blown rainbow & sunshine factory"  only focuses on the very select few who had an issue with it. Oh irony.  Or not so much because that's what you always do. Find the things people have said that you percieve as negative and then do your fucking best to amplify it. 

Also are you honestly threatening/warning me with puting me on ignore as if I give two shits?  like I'm gonna sit here and say "Oh no please ID don't ignore me". Honestly dude WTF? 16

Seriously do it because I'm tired of your weird ramblings about me having "anger issues" or "emotional problems" when the truth is nothing could be further from the truth. You seriously sound like a god damn flake every time you say that. You talk about my "over aggressive" behavior and yet all you do is use passive aggressive comments. It makes you every bit as much of an asshole as you think I am.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

You don't have to explain it to me Bono, I get it.  I just don't agree with it.  If Axl called up Slash tomorrow, asked him to guest on a few songs and that all went down.  Would the same people be upset at Slash for following through?  And don't even pretend like Slash wouldn't jump at that chance, just like Izzy.  Just like Duff.  Because the guys side with Axl and not Slash, it's a problem.  The next time Izzy cozies up to Slash, he'll be alright again.  Until then though, he's a douche.

Ummm.... I can't speak for anyone else but NO. This is just people taking the backlash against Izzy personally and thinking that it's all about Slash when the reality is it has to do with Izzy and him blowing off the fans and his former bandmates at the RRHOF which is what he did. It has nothing to do with Slash. Had Izzy played with Slash he'd still be getting this flak because again it's not about Slash. fans would say "why the fuck can he perform with Slash and the others now but not on that one night?"  It's about Izzy being "too cool" for that one night to show up and pay some repsect to the fans who helped him afford the lifestyle he has today. But that whole point is clearly beyond some of you because you so desperatrely want to make it an Axl vs Slash thing. It must be easier for some of you to digest if it's that simple.

faldor wrote:

Honestly, I just have a hard time with people choosing sides.  There are people here who now hate Izzy because of his no show at the Hall.  This appearance only amplified that.  Some people hated Duff for opening for Guns, but since he showed up to the Hall and is all good with Slash again, he's cool at the moment.  On the other hand you have people over on HTGTH (no surprise) saying, "F the VR plus Myles HOF performance, this was way better".  I begin to think I'M in the minority for supporting all of it.

This isn't even remotely true at all. This is  case of people expression their displeasure over certain circumstances and then certain people taking those opinions, twisting them all to hell and then blowing it way outta proportion. then the people who voiced their displeasure in the first place need to spell it out for some of you thus making it a way bigger deal than it actually is. the very fact you post a  comment saying people hate Izzy proves this. Honestly... WHO HATES IZZY? SHOW OF HANDS. NOBODY? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT.

The fact you and ID and others right now think that people are drawing concrete lines in the sand is rather funny. Like I said just above I guess it's easier for you guys to digest it if you lay it out that way. Problem is you're laying it out in a  way that doesn't even exist.

Has anyone even noticed that myself and others have actually said the Izzy performance with Axl was cool? Nope you didn't. All you focused on was the conversation about the extenuating circusmtances(the RRHOF fiasco)as to whay it's kinda lame this get together took place. Yet we all HATE Izzy now 16 Ok than.

Board footer