You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am jealous of fans of the Eagles, Led Zepplin, and Pink Floyd. For they all got to see their band reunite for a show. Our band happens to be the biggest cluster fuck ever.

Fuck you man. You're just a  fan and you have no right whatsoever to have wanted or hoped to see your favorite band stand together and be acknowldegd as one. Fuck that shit dude. It was all an industry cricle jerk anyways. the sole purpose being to boost the egos of rich petty men. Anyone who showed up to that shit is a sell out dude. Fuck the guys who showed up with no integrity and fuck the fans who thought it meant something. Nothing but a  bunch pissant leeches pinning their life's hopes and dreams onto a reunion. It didn't happen so you're probably all so damn angry you'll go home and beat the fuck out of whoever's there be it your wife, kids, dog whatever. Stupid angry fans!

Go Axl Rose! 9

Bono

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Mr. ID simply will not admit he agrees with us, instead he goes all Ali on us and makes up even crazier theories.

Yup. His  ramblings I quoted below prove that. The dude is just making shit up more and mroe and it's not even making any sense whatsoever. To be honest I think he's subconsciously expressing what he's so angry about 16

misterID wrote:

Monkey, you know as well as I do that this was set up as a disappointment from the beginning -- The people complanining now were the ones setting it up from the very beginning that if Axl didn't show up he was a pussy and hated the fans... We all knew it wasn't going to happen. But I don't think anyone expected Izzy to do the same thing as Axl.

And I'm not talking about a reunion, but a one last effort to get them on stage together to to rekindle "the magic," and some were basing their hopes that it would spur the reunion on. Just like a reunion was "inevitable" 16 when Duff joined GN'R on stage. Never happened. It's over, it's done, and people are pissed. This had nothing to do with the fans disrespected, imo, but more about Axl and Izzy denying them seeing the old line up together again.

I'm sorry, man, nobody is enabling Axl but Axl from moving forward. Axl and Izzy just seem to have a blast together on stage.

If anyone thinks that this ceremony was about them, the fan, then they're fooling themselves.

misterID wrote:

And it's not about anyone owing  you or not owing you anything... It was a dumb award show given out buy a bunch of shadowy people and one guy deciding who's "worthy" of being in "his" Hall Of Fame.

I'm gonna call you out so fucking bad if I ever see you post a  comment that even remotely suggests you think performing at or showing up to any award show is cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

In somes ways I think it's good we didn't get a reunion performance, I think Axl's voice as of 2012 isn't really in good shape, whereas instrumentally Slash/Duff etc are in form at the moment...so in some ways it's nice for the legacy to remember it at it's prime.

Although I don't discount Axl as I thought he sounded questionable in 2002 then came back better in 2006.....so I'm sure on a new album and at random other times he'll sound good....I just thought a one-off show with Slash is very very risky in terms of what you get on the night.

But I do think they all could have come and accepted the award in suits or whatever and been civil about it. Even if they they went on to pimp CD2 and AL I would have been ok with that...and again...i can even vaguely understand Axl no showing...but Izzy...well I dunno...it was just one time too many for him to flake out for me....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree about Axl's voice not being good enough for that kind of event.

But there's no way people (here, especially) would have given him a pass if he would have showed up and didn't play. No way. It would be worse. It had nothing to do with honoring the old line up or the fans, it had everything to do with playing. That's all everyone was concerned about. Not the HOF or anything else. Especially if he showed up and pimped CD2.

Why would Izzy show up if they weren't all going to play, anyway? To play with Myles at some sham ceremony, or however you want to look at it? No.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy shows up for what many would call a sham Guns N Roses concert. Don't try to imply Izzy doesnt find the rnrhof legit but somehow finds Axl calling his band GNR to be legit. Hahaha.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree about Axl's voice not being good enough for that kind of event.

But there's no way people (here, especially) would have given him a pass if he would have showed up and didn't play. No way. It would be worse. It had nothing to do with honoring the old line up or the fans, it had everything to do with playing. That's all everyone was concerned about. Not the HOF or anything else. Especially if he showed up and pimped CD2.

Why would Izzy show up if they weren't all going to play, anyway? To play with Myles at some sham ceremony, or however you want to look at it? No.

Wow! Are you intentionally acting like an asshole now? Why would Duff show up to play with Myles? Why did Steven and Matt and Slash? Oh but Izzy is above that right? Why would he ever lower himself to such a  pathetic level right? Listen to yourself you sound like a guy who's got his lips on Axl's cock while you jerk off Izzy. So only Izzy and Axl are cool cause they didn't show up to a fake Gn'R performance yet they performed together the other night on stage with a fake Gn'R and that's the cats meow baby. Woooo! Cool guys! The others are just punks. Little bitches who wish they could  hang with Axl n' Izzy n' misterID... oh no wait got a little carried away there. You're not friends with them ID. No need to act like you are.

And as for you "knowing" what it was all about to some fans, well I and others have said it in this thread as well as in the past before it even took place that having all 5 guys show up, show some class, accept the award, give some speeches and be done with it would've been enough.  You can't accept that though because for you it needs to be about Axl vs Slash. Only a  dumb motherfucker would think that 5 original guys showed up for the RRHOF gave their speeches and not played that people "(here, especially)" would be blaming Axl and Axl alone for a non performance.

People have told you flat out how they feel about this whole thing and you ignore them and make shit up because you need it to be about something else when it's not. You've gone so far as to telling people how they actually feel about it and what they're saying isn't the reason.  You're honestly acting like an asshole.  What's funny is I've presented the alternate scenario where Axl shows and Slash doesn't and the Axl club doesn't deny how it would play out among the fans because they know it's true.  Truth hurts doesn't it ID.

I'm totally wasting my time cause I'm arguing with a guy who thinks the 2002 lineup is the definitive Guns N' Roses. That's says it all right there.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Izzy shows up for what many would call a sham Guns N Roses concert. Don't try to imply Izzy doesnt find the rnrhof legit but somehow finds Axl calling his band GNR to be legit. Hahaha.

Yeah, he does. And so does Duff. That's why you guys have been blasting them. Wow, who'd a thought, you totally acknowledged and validated the argument going down in this thread for the past few pages, even though... ahem, some didn't want to accept it. Thanks!

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yeah, he does. And so does Duff. That's why you guys have been blasting them. Wow, who'd a thought, you totally acknowledged and validated the argument going down in this thread for the past few pages, even though... ahem, some didn't want to accept it. Thanks!

16 Oh so now we're blasting Izzy and Duff cause they think Axl's Gn'R is legit and we don't like that Hahahahahahahahahha! Holy shit dude you're hilarious. Make up you fucking mind; why is it we HATE every member? Holy shit I've never seen someone make so many absurd posts and totally make things up as they go.  14  WOW dude you are seriously a basketcase. END OF.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bono, Monkey, Mikka, Metallex, and me....  Is it us alone in this camp about the rnrhof?

I think so.

I was kinda pissed about it, but as it goes on I don't really care that much to argue it to death with those who disagree here.

I can see both sides arguments, but I still stand by Izzy and Axl being dicks.

And I care less and less about following Axl's GN'R that he is running into the ground with lack of progress. Especially with the insane amounts of talent surrounding him, that he is doing nothing but play nostalgia with.

Still hoping that Axl proves me wrong and does something, anything that shows forward moving progress, but I'm not holding my breath...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
johndivney wrote:

jesus fucking christ.

YOU DON'T FUCKING GET IT

stop fucking dumbing it down!!

how the fuck is the RnRHoF about the fans?! explain it to me, please. i have yet to see any fan of any artist ever inducted into that crap ever benefit one fucking iota. did faldor get a handjob off steven or did i miss something?! i just thought he had to pay money for the privilege of seeing the mega rich congratulate themselves!!

This.

If I remember right, john and I don't agree on a ton, but he's gone and  pulled this:
http://thisweconfess.files.wordpress.co … e-head.jpg
The moment someone explains to me about The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame is about "the fans" is the moment I believe Izzy and Axl "owe" someone something.

It doesn't matter that it's an industry jerk off.  So are the Grammys.  So are all the award shows for all the industries.  That doesn't mean that fans don't like seeing the artists they enjoy being recognized at those events. 

If these events weren't for the fans, HBO wouldn't be spending money for the rights to air the event.  Media wouldn't be there reporting to the fans.  All of the GnR sites wouldn't have had pages of threads discussing it before, during, and how many months after... 

It's okay to hate the RRHoF.  Don't think for a second that just because it means nothing to you means that it means nothing to everybody.  Nobody said it was all about the fans (I don't think), but it's awfully naive to think that it wasn't at all about the fans.  It's also naive to think that at least some portion of the fan base would be excited about it and felt that it was in some ways about them.  You don't have to like it, but you probably should accept it.

This.

Even Axl realized how important it is for the fans. So you in denial are allowed to do it, too.

Board footer