You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:

Izzy had no excuse to not show up for the RRHOF. None.

johndivney wrote:

he had plenty of reasons.
he didn't have a reason to go.

Sky Dog wrote:

I just think it would have been cool to see Slash, Izzy, and Duff jam together. So, I am being kinda selfish.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am jealous of fans of the Eagles, Led Zepplin, and Pink Floyd. For they all got to see their band reunite for a show. Our band happens to be the biggest cluster fuck ever.

And none of those reunions happened at the HOF neutral

...and thanks for proving my point.

Once again, it's a relevant point. I've made this point several times, specifically citing the Floyd since this whole Rock Hall thing started but it keeps getting passed over.

Plenty of acts have decided that the Rock Hall isn't going to dictate to them when and if they should reunite, but somehow Axl and Izzy are the worlds worst people for making the same call?

I'm fairly sure this is a GnR board with pretty diverse musical tastes outside of GnR.  Opinions on other bands are pretty irrelevant to this discussion.  We (generally speaking) don't care what other bands did. 

I bet most of those bands were having similar discussions on their boards (if they existed) at the time their inductions happened.  I bet most other bands' boards never talked about GnR's induction, and if they did, they certainly still aren't.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

he had plenty of reasons.
he didn't have a reason to go.

That's not true at all, but whatever. 

Only a Sith deals in absolutes...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

And none of those reunions happened at the HOF neutral

...and thanks for proving my point.

Once again, it's a relevant point. I've made this point several times, specifically citing the Floyd since this whole Rock Hall thing started but it keeps getting passed over.

Plenty of acts have decided that the Rock Hall isn't going to dictate to them when and if they should reunite, but somehow Axl and Izzy are the worlds worst people for making the same call?

I'm fairly sure this is a GnR board with pretty diverse musical tastes outside of GnR.  Opinions on other bands are pretty irrelevant to this discussion.  We (generally speaking) don't care what other bands did. 

I bet most of those bands were having similar discussions on their boards (if they existed) at the time their inductions happened.  I bet most other bands' boards never talked about GnR's induction, and if they did, they certainly still aren't.

Like I said from the start, anykind of reunion show, whether it be a farewell show or what for the fab 5, I think needs to be done the right way, and not something where they don't feel comfortable doing.

Either it be a RIR performance or a free club show (which would be cool) is better than getting up and faking it... Or showing up and having a train wreck... Or showing up and not playing... It wasn't guaranteed to come off clean and happy, as we saw leading up to it. I'm sure the train wreck possibility played into people not wanting to go.

If they're not even talking to each other, or attempting to, you can't expect much.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Like I said from the start, anykind of reunion show, whether it be a farewell show or what for the fab 5, I think needs to be done the right way, and not something where they don't feel comfortable doing.

Either it be a RIR performance or a free club show (which would be cool) is better than getting up and faking it... Or showing up and having a train wreck... Or showing up and not playing... It wasn't guaranteed to come off clean and happy, as we saw leading up to it. I'm sure the train wreck possibility played into people not wanting to go.

If they're not even talking to each other, or attempting to, you can't expect much.

I don't disagree at all, but that's not what we're talking about.  We're talking about whether they should have sucked it up for the fans and at least shown up.  I can see both sides of it...I agree with what you say, but maybe this could have been step one of at least talking to each other.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl and Izzy of the bunch, come off as the most immature. Axl mentally is maybe 18 and Izzy ain't far behind. Which is why neither of them have really done anything substantial in 20 fucking years. They lack the maturity, drive, desire, etc.  Izzy makes music, yes, but doesn't seem like a hard worker, like Duff and Slash come off as. Axl could be, but he is so mindfucked at this point that any reunion would be a Slash and Duff influenced album because Izzy and Axl wouldnt be there half the time and would just want to work when they want to work. Lol. When is the last time Izzy and Axl promoted their shit like Slash and Duff have?  Or even Adler?

Sky Dog wrote:

oh please.....

Board footer