You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Bono wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And just to go back pages and agree... faldor is right. This all boils down to Axl vs. Slash, and did with Duff in 2010 & 2011, and now Izzy in 2012.

Anybody that doesn't get that has been clicking their mouse with their dick for the last 10 years.

EVERY FUCKING THING on GN'R boards is about Axl vs. Slash. Always. I hope to Christ himself it's not "Forever". That would be tragically sad. I'm already burnt the fuck out on it and have been for eons.

Absolute fucking bullshit That dumbs it down for idiots. Like I said makes it easier for them to digest and understand if it's that black and white.

Remember the issue being discussed was why people have an issue with Izzy skipping the HOF. That sure as fuck doesn't boil down to Axl vs Slash cause had Duff skipped my feelings would be the same. Saying it boils down to Axl vs Slash really is just stupid and dumbing it down to extreme levels. Plus when it's not what it boils down to for me when someone tells me it is they are wrong end of story.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I didn't see it but I have heard a few people now say that about Paul and the Queens thing he played at.  A couple of people saying it were the "non-musical" types that wouldn't know shit from clay too.  So if they found it hurt their ears and felt the need to comment then it must have been pretty bad.

Yeah I normally give Paul credit, and he slammed it when he played the Super Bowl awhile back.

But he was down at the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration. Pitchy as hell, no power (not that he's Axl), winded, just... bleh. Elton John was sick and had said so, and Elton's set was still better than Paul's, and frankly the better one of the night. Stevie Wonder sounded fuckin' terrible too. None of them were great.

Put it to you this way, when Paul sang Live and Let Die... he made 2012 Axl, sound like 1991 Axl.

That was horrible friggin weather they were singing in though. I know it sounds like an excuse, but it does mess with them. Especially at their age. That's why all Madonna fans bitch about her concert venues being 80 degrees.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This thread is so epic. Good thing we are all friends, fucking Bono, axlin, faldor, and ID are cracking my shit up. We are such fucking dorks arguing about what the fuck we are arguing about.  Lol, this is classic.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

063_givotnie_33.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Has Axl moved forward yet?  yawn

This is what it all comes down to I think.

Some of Axl's fanbase want a return to the old band, and he says that's not happening till death, and the rest want him to make new songs, but that doesn't happen either.

It's not about if he owes anyone or not, he has every right to ignore what the public want, but that right doesn't change the equation that  he's not delivering what his audience wants on either front.

It's not about Axl vs Slash, but I think Slash is a good example of a person who honours his legacy and gives fans what they want but still moves on.

GNR Setlist From 8 June 2012:

7 songs from 1987.
7 Songs from 1991.
6 Songs from 2008.
7 Songs without Axl Rose on stage.
1 Axl Rose solo.

Slash Setlist from 6 June 2012

4 Songs from 1987.
3 Songs from 2000.
1 Song from 2004.
5 Songs from 2010.
6 Songs from 2012.
1 Led Zep Cover with Slash.

I stress this is not about Axl vs Slash or a bitch about the setlist...more that I think Slash's post GNR career is an example of how someone can still please their fans but strongly push onwards towards new music (for better or worse) and how the GNR setlist demonstrates how GNR doesn't.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great point monkey. And Civil War dropped off to make room for a new song.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well I'm fully qualified to tell you, you are wrong when you tell others what they have an issue with. When people flat out tell you why they have an issue with something and you disregard that and tell them their issue is in fact somehting else, well you're wrong. When I tell you my issue doesn't boil down to Axl vs Slash and you tell me it does, you're fucking wrong so.....

With all due respect Bono.  I never said YOU'RE issue with this was Axl vs. Slash.  Go back and research that if you may.  It isn't there.  I never pointed out anyone.  In FACT.  I went to the effort of pointing out that people on HTGTH and the "official" forum were totally making this an Axl vs. Slash thing.  If you want to disregard that though, be my guest.  So again, respectfully my friend.  YOU ARE WRONG!

You're turn.  Love the back and forth.  Let's keep it going for days on end.  I bet that's what everyone wants here.  You up for it?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Has Axl moved forward yet?  yawn

This is what it all comes down to I think.

Some of Axl's fanbase want a return to the old band, and he says that's not happening till death, and the rest want him to make new songs, but that doesn't happen either.

It's not about if he owes anyone or not, he has every right to ignore what the public want, but that right doesn't change the equation that  he's not delivering what his audience wants on either front.

It's not about Axl vs Slash, but I think Slash is a good example of a person who honours his legacy and gives fans what they want but still moves on.

GNR Setlist From 8 June 2012:

7 songs from 1987.
7 Songs from 1991.
6 Songs from 2008.
7 Songs without Axl Rose on stage.
1 Axl Rose solo.

Slash Setlist from 6 June 2012

4 Songs from 1987.
3 Songs from 2000.
1 Song from 2004.
5 Songs from 2010.
6 Songs from 2012.
1 Led Zep Cover with Slash.

I stress this is not about Axl vs Slash or a bitch about the setlist...more that I think Slash's post GNR career is an example of how someone can still please their fans but strongly push onwards towards new music (for better or worse) and how the GNR setlist demonstrates how GNR doesn't.

Axl is my fave of all time DUE to his integrity and not being like everybody else, but if we can be honest, here lately he is turning into a cash grab sell out and that pisses me off. I am EXTREMELY disappointed and butt hurt over the HOF. I won't lie. I feel personally disrespected and here is my thing:

U wanted the GNR name, U wanted to push THE music farther, so now U got everything you wanted, what the fuck are you doing with it?

Everynight he wastes the incredible talents of what is the PERFECT lineup since Appetite by constantly living in the past.

Fanbase do not hold axl responsible and it pisses me off. He wants to skip the HOF to "move forward?"  Let's bring an old member onstage. Let's keep playing same show since 2008, lets wear same clothes, same everything

If after HOF Axl announced band would be hitting studio this Summer, This Fall after tour etc etc... I would not be kicking his ass in an almost trolling like manner.

but he fucking asked for it and Im tired and through giving his ass a free pass to turn this band into Motley Poison Crue.  without original lineups.

Board footer