You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Smoking Guns wrote:

Think if Axl had a song like Anastasia to Put his vocals on. Everyone would go nuts. I wonder if he looks at DJ and asks, "why can't you write something like this?".  Lol. He may not like those CD songs anymore. Maybe he can't gel with his song writers and is stuck to touring?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I have to be honest and say I'm butthurt over Izzy and the HOF thing also.

Izzy has always talked about Stephen being the lynchpin of the GNR swinging sound and that he lost interest when he was gone.
Every GNR fan on this PLANET knew that this induction was a massive deal for Stephen. In fact, I believe Slash went for Stephen's sake and not for the fans. So, why the fuck did Izzy not do it for Stephen at least?

Even at that I wouldn't have minded; but for Izzy to travel all the way to fucking London to once again support a man who: (a) wanted to make him an employee in the band he set up and (b) whinged in his interview with Del about the fee Izzy charged management to appear on a previous run, just sticks in my craw.

Why is he happy to be a paid sidekick, an antique curiousity from GNR lore yet not show up for one night to show Stephen his support and to thank the fans for never forgetting him??

I don't give a fuck for all the so called 'anti the man' bullshit about the commercial side of the HOF, its all lies and bullshit. Most rock stars are up to their bollocks in corporate handouts much more than they admit.

The people watching at home who have loved AFD for a quarter century didn't give a fuck about the cost of a plate or who kept the ticket money etc..they just wanted to hear the boys who blew their teenage minds do it just one more time and help them remember the good times.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great post intercourse. And I didn't know Izzy charges to show up?  Wow

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well I'm fully qualified to tell you, you are wrong when you tell others what they have an issue with. When people flat out tell you why they have an issue with something and you disregard that and tell them their issue is in fact somehting else, well you're wrong. When I tell you my issue doesn't boil down to Axl vs Slash and you tell me it does, you're fucking wrong so.....

With all due respect Bono.  I never said YOU'RE issue with this was Axl vs. Slash.  Go back and research that if you may.  It isn't there.  I never pointed out anyone.  In FACT.  I went to the effort of pointing out that people on HTGTH and the "official" forum were totally making this an Axl vs. Slash thing.  If you want to disregard that though, be my guest.  So again, respectfully my friend.  YOU ARE WRONG!

I'm not wrong. the discussion was between people on THIS board so when you and others bring up the opinions at HTGTH and use them as an example as to what mine and other's opinion is on this board you are wrong. What the people at htgth think has fuck all to do with what I think and when we're discussing what I and you and other people on this board think it's  really weak if you need to start using htgth monkeys to support your argument. I NEVER go on and on about what the goofs at htgth think because it has no relevance to the discussion on this board. But if some of you don't like it or can't understand what others are saying here and need to revert to using the sheep mentality that exists at htgth to support your argument against people here by all means go ahead.

faldor wrote:

You're turn.  Love the back and forth.  Let's keep it going for days on end.  I bet that's what everyone wants here.  You up for it?

Says the guy who revived a topic that had been dormant for days and pretty much forgotten

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well I'm fully qualified to tell you, you are wrong when you tell others what they have an issue with. When people flat out tell you why they have an issue with something and you disregard that and tell them their issue is in fact somehting else, well you're wrong. When I tell you my issue doesn't boil down to Axl vs Slash and you tell me it does, you're fucking wrong so.....

With all due respect Bono.  I never said YOU'RE issue with this was Axl vs. Slash.  Go back and research that if you may.  It isn't there.  I never pointed out anyone.  In FACT.  I went to the effort of pointing out that people on HTGTH and the "official" forum were totally making this an Axl vs. Slash thing.  If you want to disregard that though, be my guest.  So again, respectfully my friend.  YOU ARE WRONG!

I'm not wrong. the discussion was between people on THIS board so when you and others bring up the opinions at HTGTH and use them as an example as to what mine and other's opinion is on this board you are wrong. What the people at htgth think has fuck all to do with what I think and when we're discussing what I and you and other people on this board think it's  really weak if you need to start using htgth monkeys to support your argument. I NEVER go on and on about what the goofs at htgth think because it has no relevance to the discussion on this board. But if some of you don't like it or can't understand what others are saying here and need to revert to using the sheep mentality that exists at htgth to support your argument against people here by all means go ahead.

faldor wrote:

You're turn.  Love the back and forth.  Let's keep it going for days on end.  I bet that's what everyone wants here.  You up for it?

Says the guy who revived a topic that had been dormant for days and pretty much forgotten

I stated before, that I was absent for a few days, thus the tardiness in my response.  I wouldn't have bothered, but I don't appreciate being told I'm FUCKING wrong and any other vulgarities you may have thrown in my direction.

Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.  You're obviously not seeing my point and I don't feel the need to explain it any further.  My bringing up posts on HTGTH and the "official" forum was to point out the OTHER side of things.  I was simply trying to illustrate how crazy people are for saying Izzy and Axl performing together was so much better than the Rock Hall performance.  Simple as that.  And I still stand by everything I've said and you have in no way proven me to be wrong. 

Obviously you disagree.  Let's leave it at that.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I thought we FUCKING had left it at that FUCKING days ago. 16

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Bono wrote:

what the goofs at htgth think ... has no relevance to the discussion on this board.

I modestly disagree.

It's relevant in ways of studying propaganda by certain people.

Other than that, that lot's fairly single-minded by dint of authority.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

I thought we FUCKING had left it at that FUCKING days ago. 16

Well, this time for real. 5

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Okay, back to my post. What if izzy did GNR show cause he got paid, but didn't have money to go to Cleveland and was too embarrassed to ask Slash and co and couldn't go to Axl so he just didn't go.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

http://www.getnetworth.com/izzy-stradlin-net-worth/

According to this site Izzy has $28 Million dollars in assets......

Board footer