You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

There's no way anyone is going to fly all over the world to do a few songs a show on their own dime. That's not reality. GN'R has a touring expense account, like every other band, and it makes since for them to fork out airfair and hotel rooms for Izzy, if that's what they're going to do.

From the backstage footage in 2006, Izzy looks to be having a blast with the band. I don't see anything other than these guys wanting to play with each other.

This just says it's not simply a matter of buddies getting together on stage to have some fun. It's a business deal. You said it yourself nobody is flying all over the world on their own dime to doa  few songs. Had Izzy been in New York and Guns been playing in New York maybe but in this case it's pretty damn clear Izzy was paid and paid well no doubt. Such a  PR stunt by Guns after the whole RRHOF thing. It's clear as day this is all about money and you admit it in your post, yet you try to pass it off as something else.

it's both

izzy adds to the show:

that axl profits from
that everyone else gets paid to contribute to

axl should pay him and im sure he does

but hes a buddy first, thats why he does it. it's not like hes fortus, making the rounds.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How much would slash, duff, Matt, and Adler had to have paid izzy to show up at the rnrhof? I would bet my ass that gilby and Myles didn't get paid shit. Slash and duff probably did buy them airline tix and hotel rooms though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

No way Izzy is going to pay 30 grand to show up and play with Myles, man. Just not going to happen.

Izzy just didn't dig the scene.  He's probably much more comfortable to doing his deal with Axl.

And Izzy was supposed to play with GN'R in Miami, or Orlando BEFORE the HOF, but couldn't make it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

good point

don't forget also that izzy knew axl before they were famous

no doubt axl was different then

izzy may need his distance form axl at times and im sure that was played a part in him leaving the band but i am sure they are still friends

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It all boils down to those reasons. They are long time friends even though they had to distance themselves from each other from time to time or for a number of years. The differences in music direction and the craziness of the touring caused it. Eventually they could find some common ground and work things out when starting getting a little more mature. I think they realized that no matter what happens, that long term friendship can eventually turn its self around for the better despite their egos especially Axl's.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

No way Izzy is going to pay 30 grand to show up and play with Myles, man. Just not going to happen.

Izzy just didn't dig the scene.  He's probably much more comfortable to doing his deal with Axl.

And Izzy was supposed to play with GN'R in Miami, or Orlando BEFORE the HOF, but couldn't make it.

You mean $3,000.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Whatever it was, Izzy wasn't going to pay it...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am sure slash and duff paid for Myles and gilby, but I DOUBT they paid them any EXTRA. Re-read my post. Like I don't think Myles and Gilby profited. That was friends being friends.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I read your post, I know what you're saying, but Izzy wasn't going to lift a finger to play with a Myles fronted GN'R. He didn't seem to want to be a part of the ceremony from the get-go, anyway. He wasn't going to put any special effort into being there after it was clear Axl wasn't going to be there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I read your post, I know what you're saying, but Izzy wasn't going to lift a finger to play with a Myles fronted GN'R.

Yet he's ok with playing with Richard, Ashba, Bumble and Tommy?

Board footer