You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:

those comments were directed at Slash and Steven. He played a part and since he is clearly in the Slash camp (due to his childhood allegiances-just like Axl/Izzy), he played a role. No doubt, Slash was the main reason. However, to disregard the Steven comments leading up to Axl's letter is silly. Calling his band "hacks" is obviously gonna piss him off. Especially when the three "hack" drummers Axl has employed (Freese, Brain, and Thunderchucker) all have WAY more talent than Popcorn (in my opinion and I am quite sure Axl would agree). hmm

ps...and to all those who have selective reading skills, please note what is bolded before responding... 19

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I still don't think it had anything to do with it, it was a more convenient reason than the truth.  For whatever reason, Axl has always balked at actually saying what his problem with Slash really is, and blaming Slash would have put more pressure on him to do so.  He's been given plenty of chances to say why he's so mad, and on every occasion he suddenly has nothing to say. 

I agree with everything you said beyond that.  At the end of the day, I believe there's one reason he didn't go and it wasn't Steven.  Steven's an idiot...everybody knows that.  Are we to believe that everything else being equal that the drummer who is more famous for celebrity rehab was going to ruin the ceremony for Axl?

Things from Axls letter posted above I don't get:
1 - I don't think anybody that left the band prior to 1996 didn't take a shot at Axl in some way or another at some point, but I don't recall much before the event until the letter came out.  Everybody was waiting to see what was going to happen.  The worst thing I saw that Slash said was something to the effect that it was made clear to him it wasn't going to happen.  Even if that's not true, that is worth getting your panies in a bunch for?

2 - well, if by clear he means it's not going to happen, then I guess I agree.  Beyond that, he's been anything but clear.  Moving on...

3 - what does this really have to do with anything?  He's been begging for a reunion forever; did Axl expect to invite him backstage and then he'd no longer want a reunion?  What did he think was going to happen, and what does something 6 years ago have to do with changing your stance in the weeks between when the announcement was first made and when the letter came out?

4 - he's been given ample opportunities to bring his issues with Slash to light and refused.  Slash isn't interested in talking about it publicly.  All of them had things to say about Axl and he's played with both Izzy and Duff.  He meets Duff in Europe, Duff says sorry and next thing you know they are on stage together?  So would the same have gone for Slash or are the issues there bigger (and if so, why)?  And again, what changed in the weeks between the initial announcement and when the letter came out?

Sky Dog wrote:

okay, so we will say Steven was 2% responsible for Axl's no show, Axl's issues with the HOF gets 3%, Axl's desire to focus on the new band gets 5%, and Slash gets 90%!  Yep, that's it, I got it all figured out.:nervous:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I agree about Slash. He needs to just say what he did, or what things he did. I can guess, I have my theories, but I have no idea what exactly he's done. The name thing, rumors that weren't squashed but perpetuated, the recording of UYI, Paul Huge, recording the follow up to UYI, Slash leaving the band, lawsuits, talking (lying) to the media, which it seems he takes as a deliberate attempt to sabotage his career and standing with the fans (haha, like he needs help there) ... More law suits... Showing up at his house and offering to squash the feud and have a relationship again, then denying it and filing another lawsuit... That's what I gather. But I don't know for sure, because Axl has never stated it.

What Slash said before the HOF was that he didn't understand why "those other guys" were getting inducted, where he was talking about Dizzy and Matt.

I think Steven played a role because Axl simply didn't want to deal with the Steven situation. I think if Duff would have made the call to Axl it could have opened a door, but he didn't. No one did. Plus with the HOF not conceding to whatever demands he had, it wasn't going to happen. I can't say he planned this all along, because there was an initial interest in going.

Sky Dog wrote:

As for Izzy, maybe he didn't go because of Slash as well. Maybe he is jealous of all the attention Slash gets. Maybe he thinks he wrote more parts of the classic songs than Slash did and doesn't get enough credit for it. It's all Slash's fault. I tell you. It is.....:slash:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Sadly, Sky Dog you could be right.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Axlin12 wrote:
misterID wrote:

No way Izzy is going to pay 30 grand to show up and play with Myles, man. Just not going to happen.

Izzy just didn't dig the scene.  He's probably much more comfortable to doing his deal with Axl.

And Izzy was supposed to play with GN'R in Miami, or Orlando BEFORE the HOF, but couldn't make it.

This mother fucking post all the way to the mother fucking top of the mountain -- AGREED.

I cannot get the Slash blow hards that just do not get this.

Izzy was not purposely chosen to "put a pacifier on the mouths of the old band blow hards".

So i'm gonna bold the rest of this...

AXL NEVER WANTED TO LOSE IZZY TO BEGIN WITH!!!

Axl tried all the way up through 2001 (confirmed by Izzy in an interview) to bring him back into Guns N' Roses. He just could not find a replacement. Richard Fortus was actually brought in as the SECOND LEAD GUITARIST. Paul Huge was never intended to stay on full time -- ever.

So who does that leave?

By 2006 Izzy became a recurring special guest band member in GN'R.

Axl confirmed Izzy was supposed to open the 2011 North American tour with Guns, and for undisclosed reasons didn't make it.

BEFORE THE ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME

But that's okay, keep believing this was Izzy spitting in the face of the fans across the world who were all sitting with baited breath waiting to see that one 1993 German show version of GN'R with Myles Kennedy on lead.

Based on the history of GN'R over the past 10 years, and the information we have, Axl had always wanted Izzy back in GN'R. Izzy doesn't want to be back in GN'R, or ANY band full-time. Even Slash couldn't lock him down for VR.

Izzy has stayed with his ROOTS and the band that made him a star, because he's back on good terms with Axl, and the GN'R gig pays good. So Izzy does a few shows here and there, and possibly (for all we know) is a FULL TIME studio band member. WE DON'T KNOW.

But what we do know is, this is NOT Izzy spitting on fans. This is NOT Izzy spitting on Slash.

There's alot of revisionist history going on right now, and people are forgetting that Izzy has been Axl's "Designated Hitter" for years because IZZY doesn't want to play in the field anymore. Knees are too beat up.

Nothing has changed. I do not get all of the sore assholes needing ice among the Slash hardcores.

Why was Izzy mother fucking cool in 2006, now he's a piece of shit for fulfilling the same role that Axl had him locked down for before they were ever even nominated for the Rock Hall?

Finally this post clears things up for people!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

As for Izzy, maybe he didn't go because of Slash as well. Maybe he is jealous of all the attention Slash gets. Maybe he thinks he wrote more parts of the classic songs than Slash did and doesn't get enough credit for it. It's all Slash's fault. I tell you. It is.....:slash:

I vaguely remember an Izzy quote about not being able to hear his guitar parts on the songs...I think it was about UYI, but maybe it was a concert.  I'm sure there's some jealousy there, and I wouldn't blame him to a point.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It makes sense!

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, I think it was about the recording of UYI. Izzy was a little critical of Slash for awhile back then. However, on the flip side, Axl and Slash were critical of Izzy's effort both in the studio and on tour. They have all been critical of each other at some point. That is why they broke up! Rocket Science huh?

As for my original post I was really just joking. There probably is a small element of truth there but I was more playing the speculation game of maybe this maybe that...just fucking around.

Board footer