You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

faldor wrote:

I just checked my e-mail and noticed something from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Since I bought tickets for the event and drove 9 1/2 hours to Cleveland to see it, they're offering me the chance to bid in an online auction for a few pieces of memorabilia.  How nice of them.  Maybe if there were a few more signatures on this.

InductionBook-GNRoses.jpg

Actually just noticed this one.  That's a little more like it.
GuitarSlash1.JPG

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have that same sig on my Les Paul.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Is there a signature on the left page?  Duff, Slash, and Matt are on the right, but is that another one on the left by Steven's leg?  I can't make it out if it is.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler's I think. No gilby. Rightfully so.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Adler's I think. No gilby. Rightfully so.

You sure it's Gilby.  He wasn't an inductee.  Adler would make more sense.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am saying gilby didn't sign, the sig you see is Adler.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree about Slash. He needs to just say what he did, or what things he did. I can guess, I have my theories, but I have no idea what exactly he's done. ... Showing up at his house and offering to squash the feud and have a relationship again, then denying it and filing another lawsuit... That's what I gather.

You're wrong. Slash didn't file another lawsuit after the visit. In fact, he DROPPED the one was going on at the time.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You guys are spinning the Slash shit again...Izzy isn't even credited as playing on Locomotive..looking at it right now. Then, you start making up shit. Show me the quote where Slash says I re-recorded Izzy's parts. Also, if true, why would he? Maybe ego? Maybe he wanted all the glory? Fuck that...Izzy's parts are what make AFD awesome. He wasn't Slash's ape. He did his own thing. Gilby sucked and so did the Shit Incident because Gilby re-did Izzy's parts. Gilby played what Slash wanted him to. Yep, Gilby and the poodle Sorum enjoyed the paycheck and said "Yes . Sir." Which, in turn, made Axl not want to record with him or them. They were monkeys' just like the majority of guys in new guns you criticize. Izzy's songs on the Illusions are fuckin awesome and I wish we heard more of his guitar. The main reason I don't enjoy Slash's post Gnr work is that it is all Slash. He doesn't have anybody being the ying to his yang. For the most part it is just straight hairy knuckle riff rock. He certainly has his moments of subtlety but for the most part it is just Slash and a bunch of classic rock regurgitated riffs with horrific lyrics and vocals.

and ps, I know, Axl hasn't done anything either. We got it. This is more Izzy/Slash now.

and pss, I'll take Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds record over all of Slash's post Gnr work. Shuffle It All Bitches!

He may have had to record them again because he was never there to fix his fuck ups. Izzy didnt play on Civil War either.

I remember that interview, too, where Slash said he had to play Izzy's parts, cause the guy was away from the recording sessions. They used Izzy's old demo recordings in other cases. It was before the Internet age, so it's not easy to find that old articles.

BTW most people don't realize that Izzy bailed BEFORE the UYIs came out. He just made it officially later. The writing/creating partnership of GN'R as the five (four) of them was done after Lies. UYI is more of a collection of solo albums.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

About Slash re-recording....i'm sure in my old mags I had an interview where he says it....he basically says something like Izzy is a one-take kind of guy - like he came in - does a pass at everything then went like "yep it's done good enough" and headed on home...and Slash/Axl wanted to refine parts but Izzy didn't understand their need to aim for perfection....so slash ended up doing fixes in certain places....

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree about Slash. He needs to just say what he did, or what things he did. I can guess, I have my theories, but I have no idea what exactly he's done. ... Showing up at his house and offering to squash the feud and have a relationship again, then denying it and filing another lawsuit... That's what I gather.

You're wrong. Slash didn't file another lawsuit after the visit. In fact, he DROPPED the one was going on at the time.

I don't think Slash even knows why Axl is mad at this point. Axl is the one who needs to air his grievances and then let Slash respond. Just my opinion.:/

Board footer