You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You guys are spinning the Slash shit again...Izzy isn't even credited as playing on Locomotive..looking at it right now. Then, you start making up shit. Show me the quote where Slash says I re-recorded Izzy's parts. Also, if true, why would he? Maybe ego? Maybe he wanted all the glory? Fuck that...Izzy's parts are what make AFD awesome. He wasn't Slash's ape. He did his own thing. Gilby sucked and so did the Shit Incident because Gilby re-did Izzy's parts. Gilby played what Slash wanted him to. Yep, Gilby and the poodle Sorum enjoyed the paycheck and said "Yes . Sir." Which, in turn, made Axl not want to record with him or them. They were monkeys' just like the majority of guys in new guns you criticize. Izzy's songs on the Illusions are fuckin awesome and I wish we heard more of his guitar. The main reason I don't enjoy Slash's post Gnr work is that it is all Slash. He doesn't have anybody being the ying to his yang. For the most part it is just straight hairy knuckle riff rock. He certainly has his moments of subtlety but for the most part it is just Slash and a bunch of classic rock regurgitated riffs with horrific lyrics and vocals.

and ps, I know, Axl hasn't done anything either. We got it. This is more Izzy/Slash now.

and pss, I'll take Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds record over all of Slash's post Gnr work. Shuffle It All Bitches!

He may have had to record them again because he was never there to fix his fuck ups. Izzy didnt play on Civil War either.

Izzy didn't play on The Garden either....of course, Locomotive, The Garden, and Civil War just happen to be 3 of my top ten favorite Gnr songs. tongue

I am talking myself in circles. And, I do sorta recollect Slash saying he re-did some of Izzy's parts. Which, by Izzy's quotes, he did not like that. Argghhh, who gives a fuck? They are both light years better than Fortus, Bumble, and DJ Sixx. 16

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and ps, I know, Axl hasn't done anything either. We got it. This is more Izzy/Slash now.

and pss, I'll take Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds record over all of Slash's post Gnr work. Shuffle It All Bitches!

I'd take that one a step further and say I'll take that album over everything any member of GNR has done Post-Illusions.  Just a flat out great rock n roll record.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

You guys are spinning the Slash shit again...Izzy isn't even credited as playing on Locomotive..looking at it right now. Then, you start making up shit. Show me the quote where Slash says I re-recorded Izzy's parts. Also, if true, why would he? Maybe ego? Maybe he wanted all the glory? Fuck that...Izzy's parts are what make AFD awesome. He wasn't Slash's ape. He did his own thing. Gilby sucked and so did the Shit Incident because Gilby re-did Izzy's parts. Gilby played what Slash wanted him to. Yep, Gilby and the poodle Sorum enjoyed the paycheck and said "Yes . Sir." Which, in turn, made Axl not want to record with him or them. They were monkeys' just like the majority of guys in new guns you criticize. Izzy's songs on the Illusions are fuckin awesome and I wish we heard more of his guitar. The main reason I don't enjoy Slash's post Gnr work is that it is all Slash. He doesn't have anybody being the ying to his yang. For the most part it is just straight hairy knuckle riff rock. He certainly has his moments of subtlety but for the most part it is just Slash and a bunch of classic rock regurgitated riffs with horrific lyrics and vocals.

Who are "you guys"? 

I'm not going back to look, but I know he had to rerecord some of Izzy's stuff, and he played it like Izzy did.  I didn't say he rerecorded everything.  From memory he rerecorded stuff that wasn't complete, so he redid the whole thing, but playing what Izzy was doing.

I don't really disagree with anything you said.  Ju Ju is my favorite other than maybe VR.  I've had the same complaints about Slash's solo stuff.  The play between Slash and Izzy was one of the things that made GnR special and when that went away, Slash just became a riff monster, which is fine to some extent, but it's not special.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree about Slash. He needs to just say what he did, or what things he did. I can guess, I have my theories, but I have no idea what exactly he's done. ... Showing up at his house and offering to squash the feud and have a relationship again, then denying it and filing another lawsuit... That's what I gather.

You're wrong. Slash didn't file another lawsuit after the visit. In fact, he DROPPED the one was going on at the time.

Either he filed another lawsuit, or he wouldn't drop it right away when it was proved Axl had nothing to do with the royalties.

I believe it was Skydog who found the paperwork that Slash didn't drop shit right away.

Sky Dog wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I'd take that one a step further and say I'll take that album over everything any member of GNR has done Post-Illusions.  Just a flat out great rock n roll record.

agree...

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

agree...

I also agree w/this.

Shuffle it All is incredible but I have a soft spot for the Moonlight Mile-ensue Come on now Inside.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

I agree about Slash. He needs to just say what he did, or what things he did. I can guess, I have my theories, but I have no idea what exactly he's done. ... Showing up at his house and offering to squash the feud and have a relationship again, then denying it and filing another lawsuit... That's what I gather.

You're wrong. Slash didn't file another lawsuit after the visit. In fact, he DROPPED the one was going on at the time.

Either he filed another lawsuit, or he wouldn't drop it right away when it was proved Axl had nothing to do with the royalties.

I believe it was Skydog who found the paperwork that Slash didn't drop shit right away.

Yes, he did. But you can believe what you want.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't remember when the lawsuits were dropped...did see that the Slash/Axl house incident happened in October 2005. Sic probably knows the dates the suits were dropped....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I'll take Izzy's first Ju Ju Hounds record over all of Slash's post Gnr work. Shuffle It All Bitches!

agree...

I agree with this stuff too. And by any member that includes Axl and CD

Sky Dog wrote:

yep....I like the entire first Ju Ju Hounds record. I can't say that about Chinese Democracy.

Board footer