You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: London, May 31 (14 Years and Dead Flowers w/ Izzy!)

misterID wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic 91 wrote:

Definitely. Not the ultimate bromance; but despite all the shit they've gone through and the backlash, they still are there to talk to each other and it may not just be about the music or money. Maybe they try to hang out with each other at times without all the press in the way. Axl has said nothing; but fond things about Izzy and Duff over the past few years. I personally wasn't surprised Izzy didn't show up at the Rock Hall because it's not his style. Izzy I think never wanted awards or praise for making rock music just to have a hit record and do what he wants to do in life. Axl said it himself that Izzy was uncomfortable with the MTV exposure and the change in direction with the band once Adler left and the ballads and cryptic songs started to come into play.

Yep. Agree with Skydog, too.

And according to Cantor, Izzy and Slash were never the closest of friends. That surprised me.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

no complaints here. especially since they did 14 years.

had Izzy just did usual run of AFD woulda been meh, but 14 years is HUGE

look how much cooler Izzy looks than DJ

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Izzy looks amazing. Quitting when he did is the best decision he ever made. Got the fuck away from the junkie lifestyle altogether and now appears to be doing better than ever. Fucking awesome that they did 14 Years. Such a classic tune.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

They should of added to the number of the years to the song to show how long they've been friends now! That would have been pretty sweet! I could tell him and Slash weren't that close due to them barely contacting each other after the UYI lineup was falling apart and even when VR was formed. I think they say hi to each other every so often and talk about music; but that's all I could see it from that relationship from Izzy playing on one of Slash's solo tracks. Izzy looks in great shape and in good health which is awesome to hear. I agree with you on that statement Teja! The man is just living the American dream. Ain't nothing wrong with that. smile

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Video was posted at MyGNR. Izzy sounds good but Axl has the Mickey Mouse voice. Sigh.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl ruined it

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl ruined it

Sad but true. I had to watch this to get rid of the bad taste:

Axl in his raspy prime with Izzy kicking ass like he always does.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It annoys me too that Izzy could do this but not turn up for the HOF thing.

Yup I agree. it's cool that Izzy pops up here but I don't respect his decision to just skip the RRHOF for no apparent reason other than he's too cool.

And yeah the cynic could say once again Axl has told us and everyone to move on yet here he is yet again performing with an original member and it's the most exciting thing in ages.

Like I said it's cool Izzy showed up and even cooler they chose to do 14 Years. That is cool to see but come on. If they can dick around with and dangle the past in front of everyone so often what was so damn hard about reuniting for the HOF? Axl vs Slash boo fucking hoo. All idiots.  Whatever.

Izzy sounds awesome on 14 years. Axl... meh like someone else said it's that mickey mouseish voice going on.

russtcb wrote:

Also, apparently Jarmo tweeted that "Axl's trying to do the right thing by cutting the encore short so fans can catch the trains"?

Huh? Doing the right thing is cutting the encore short? Ummm... doing the right thing would be going on stage earlier so they don't have to cut the show short. Hilarious. Only the Gn'R camp would think cutting the show short would be doing the fans a favour.

-"I can't go on stage at a  decent time but I'll make a compromise and give the fans less of a show so they can catch the bus"-  16

All in all a more interesting show than usual so that's a plus.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:
Aussie wrote:

It annoys me too that Izzy could do this but not turn up for the HOF thing.

Yup I agree. it's cool that Izzy pops up here but I don't respect his decisoion to just skip the RRHOF for no apparent reason other than he's too cool.

And yeah the cynic could say once again Axl has told us and everyone to move on yet here he is yet again performing with an original member and it's the most exciting thing in ages.

Like I said it's cool Izzy showed up here but come the fuk on. If they can dick around with and dangle the past in front of everyone so often what was so damn hard about reunitiung for the HOF? Axl vs Slash boo fucking hoo. All idiots.

Izzy sounds aweosme on 14 years. Axl... meh like someone else said it's that mickey mouseish voice going on.

This.

When I heard about Izzy being there, I had that fraction of a millisecond of excitement...

Then I caught myself...

Fuck them both.

Fuck Axl for pulling his "quit living in the past" horseshit, because we wanted the fucking prick to get onstage with AFD-era  band members for a song or two in Cleveland.. thennnn.... bringing Izzy onstage with him mere weeks later to play, like... a fucking half dozen songs.

Fuck Izzy for not going to Ohio for 20 minutes, to appease a large percentage of the people that made him a very rich man.. Yet hop on a plane to London to play songs he wrote 20 years ago with, essentially, a bunch of strangers, and...

Wait for it....

Pose for photos with DJ Ashba...

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl ruined it

Sad but true. I had to watch this to get rid of the bad taste:

Axl in his raspy prime with Izzy kicking ass like he always does.

Man, the chemistry between Axl and Izzy always amazes me.

Matt Sorum, in this video, on the other hand, embarasses me.

Board footer