You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GUNS N' ROSES: Israeli TV Report (Axl drinking shots at a bar)

Sky Dog wrote:

agree as well....but there is a better way to communicate your point. I agree with a lot of stuff Bono says but don't agree with the way he says it. I'll take my shots at people or certain posts, but the large majority of my posts are trying to be somewhat respectful to the other side. Most of the people here try. Some don't and don't want to hear any other position other than their own. It's unfortunate but that is life on a message board and in everyday life for that matter. hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Could be wrong...but sometimes I don't think Bono's always trying be offensive...I think he's just a passionate believer and that language is his communication style....

like when Slash says "hey fuckers, we wanted to fucking play something fucking new, so this is fucking Halo" or whatever....

I take that a lot differently to if I'm in a pub and someone says to me "hey..fucker stop looking at my fucking wife" in terms of it's intended threat and insult level....

I mean there have been some legit disagreements..like Bono and Ali from memory...but I also think it's just kinda bonos posting style to rant with aggressive language....just like it's my posting style to ramble on and repeat myself with stupid analogies....lol

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Don't wanna rain anyone's parade, but Axl has drinking problems. It's obvious. I think he'd drink and does drink with anyone (except Slash, of course). The only change is (which isn't that recent) that he's not a recluse (and health fanatic) anymore and goes to clubs etc. (As far as I know he's still boycotting the fan meet 'n' greets.) He meets random people at random places and drinks with them. If Steven Adler were doing this, he'd be a sad, washed-up addict.

I think it clearly shows the poor state of GN'R (and its online fanbase) that Axl doing this is supposed to be an achievement. Is it a bad thing? No, except the serious ongoing alcohol abuse. Is it a good thing? I don't think so. I hope that the GN'R Yearbook 2012 will not highlight that 'Axl went out of his cave and got stoned numerous times with random people'. Even the silence was more exciting back then. At least we could speculate. Now we can only guess if Axl's drinking the shots in the same order every night.

While you make some valid points and might be onto something, you're making a lot of assumptions.  I mean, we all do that, but this is a touchy subject.  Like the whole, Axl is bipolar, split personality, crazy, etc. topic.  Obviously the guy likes to drink, party, stay out late.  That's well documented.  But I don't think you have enough information to definitively say it's a "problem".  I suppose you have enough information at your disposal to formulate that opinion, but that's all it is.  Until he's deemed an alcholic, I'm not sure it's fair to throw around that diagnosis.   

Also, I agree with SkyDog, completely unfair to compare him with Adler, or even Slash for that matter.  Steven was a full blown addict who OD'd himself into a stroke.  He's been a recovering addict for decades.  So if a video of him taking shots surfaced, yes it would be sad.  Just like his entire run on Celebrity Rehab and Sober House was.  Slash too.  Obviously he's nowhere near the shape or state that Steven has ever been in, but he too is a recovering addict.  He's been sober for years now, so yeah it would be sad to see videos of him taking shots too.

For me, like I said, as long as Axl isn't a known alcoholic I have no problem with him having a good time.  And again, you could be totally right.  He could be a full blown alcholic in denial and his appearance, voice, performance, etc. could all be effected negatively by his alcohol abuse.  I just don't know that for a fact and am not willing to make that jump.  And honestly, it doesn't seem that way to me.  There seems to be a difference between Axl's "falls" and inconsistent performances than say Scott Weiland's seemingly obvious alcohol induced issues onstage and off.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At the end of that video isn't that Beta's daughter trying to drag him away from the bar but he's saying no?

Beta's daughter has gotten pretty hot.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is it Sasha?

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I hope he gets drunk at home and releases the vault. Beta and co. probably have hidden the key by now!

I agree with faldor - there's a big difference between having a few drinks in the bar and being an alcoholic. I watched 'God Bless Ozzy Osbourne' the other day - he was an alcoholic

Sky Dog wrote:

I think it is Sasha...for sure

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

yes....she has a painting/pic on the inside cover of CD. She is a model who I think seems to date Axl off and on.

http://ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/relationships.htm

Board footer