You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Gunman kills 12 in Colorado movie theater

buzzsaw wrote:

The bad guys will always manage to get guns or some other method of killing people.  The whole point of guns is giving people a method of protecting themselves.  The flip side of that is it could turn into the wild, wild west if everybody has a gun.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Pretty fucked up that someone would choose a place of comfort, escapism, and entertainment as a place for murder. I feel bad for the families, friends and relatives of those killed and wounded.

I feel bad for Christopher Nolan too, that this may impact negatively on what is one of his best films.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Probably gonna use this to start TSA screenings at movie theaters.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The bad guys will always manage to get guns or some other method of killing people.  The whole point of guns is giving people a method of protecting themselves.  The flip sice of that is it could tuen into the wild, wild west if everybody has a gun.

Actually the point of assault rifles and automatic weapons is so far from protecting yourself it's not even funny.

On the topic of gun laws because I've been seeing it pop up all over the internet but it's so frustrating to see people completely ignore the fact that strict gun laws do help. Not saying more strict gun laws can pervent these types of incidents because they can't but ask whyis  the number of gun related crimes per capita in the States is so much higher than a country like Canada? It's cause we have gun registry laws and people don't have this dellusioanl thought process that Guns protect and we don't cling to this wild wild west idea of "everyone has the right to bare arms"  You can't just geta  gun at the drop of a dime here and whether people want to acknowledge it or not that does impact the number of gun related crimes. But again how dare the government try to take away the rights of the people to "protect themselves"

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am thinking I might start carrying a gun. Had someone shot back perhaps maybe only 5 die instead of 12. Since I can control what I do and not the crazies, perhaps a gun is a good idea.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

yeah but having a gun doesn't necessarily mean u will be able to use it under fire.

plus the guy was covered in bullet proof Teflon, so u would've died and the same amount would've also.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Good point, but he would have had to adjust and that Teflon shit isn't perfect. It may have stalled him enough for someone to tackle him and be Jason bourne esque

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The bad guys will always manage to get guns or some other method of killing people.  The whole point of guns is giving people a method of protecting themselves.  The flip sice of that is it could tuen into the wild, wild west if everybody has a gun.

Actually the point of assault rifles and automatic weapons is so far from protecting yourself it's not even funny.

On the topic of gun laws because I've been seeing it pop up all over the internet but it's so frustrating to see people completely ignore the fact that strict gun laws do help. Not saying more strict gun laws can pervent these types of incidents because they can't but ask whyis  the number of gun related crimes per capita in the States is so much higher than a country like Canada? It's cause we have gun registry laws and people don't have this dellusioanl thought process that Guns protect and we don't cling to this wild wild west idea of "everyone has the right to bare arms"  You can't just geta  gun at the drop of a dime here and whether people want to acknowledge it or not that does impact the number of gun related crimes. But again how dare the government try to take away the rights of the people to "protect themselves"

Yeah, you're not getting it.  I certainly didn't endorse automatic weapons.  Frankly, I don't like guns at all.  But the bad guys will always get them no matter what the laws are.  In some cases, our gov't will give them to them.

Board footer