You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Superman Thread.

BLS-Pride wrote:

Bout to leave my place to go see it finally. Super stoked. No pun intended. 16

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Saw it. Thought it was good. Defiantly intended to be a foundation film for future movies. I liked the spin on his origins.  A bit more extra terrestrial then previous movies. The drifter angle was cool too with all the odd jobs Clark took on.

Hidden Text:

I liked the new Lois angle. Her finding him out even before he starts at the Daily Planet. Think it will play off well in the next films.

Thought the action scenes were pretty cool. I enjoyed them. They were a bit lengthy towards the end. Great effects. A little long before he took to the suit and starting becoming the man but it wasn't too bad.

I also caught the Christian undertones as well for those who mentioned it.

Hidden Text:

Cool to see the Wayne and Lexcorp logos in the movie as well. Hopefully Lex is the guy in the second movie.

I liked it better than Iron Man 3.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Same here man! I agree with your thoughts. I'm really hoping to watch it again tomorrow or sometime before it goes out of theaters. Since besides Monsters U there is nothing much that I want to see until Pacific Rim comes out.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I thought Pacific Rim looked awful from the trailers but that's just me. I do like the look of Now You See Me though.

On topic I liked it, a bit too star trek for me but then Supes is an alien so it's a legit route to take. Enjoyed the flashbacks section of the film with his childhood and the scenes with Costner were great. I also noticed the Reeve resemblance near the end, it was very striking. Overall a good start and I look forward to the next one!

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

^ Yeah, saw that. Hilarious as all the other HISHE videos!

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh yes I saw this a few days ago. Thought it was very funny and clever. Always love their content. Good to see some positive jokes on this film and not the annoying hate that it got back lashed by critics and other people.

In other news:

Umm..you guys....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/ … ie-planned

So very excited for this!!! big_smile Thank you Snyder!

A Private Eye

Sounds awesome, although reading between the lines it sounds as though this will be a new interpretation of Batman and not linked to the Nolanverse TDK trilogy. I just hope they don't fuck it up. It could be epic, it will smash the box office whatever but I hope they tell a good story as well rather than just 'ooooh look what we've managed to do' but with no idea what to do with it once they're on screen together.

Me_Wise_Magic

A Private Eye wrote:

Sounds awesome, although reading between the lines it sounds as though this will be a new interpretation of Batman and not linked to the Nolanverse TDK trilogy. I just hope they don't fuck it up. It could be epic, it will smash the box office whatever but I hope they tell a good story as well rather than just 'ooooh look what we've managed to do' but with no idea what to do with it once they're on screen together.

I completely agree. After I posted this info, I took a step back and realized it may be a little too soon for this kind of movie. I would love at least a sequel to Man of Steel establishing more of the core universe and character development. Then have Batman & Superman come in a few years later and have it work much better in terms of plot, pace, and not having to explain a whole lot either. It makes more sense especially after hearing certain reactions from the press & fans. I don't want this to be a brawl vs. movie either. Having to see which one is the better hero. That is a terrible idea. They need to establish their friendship and have them team up to maybe bring down a Lex with another bigger villain combo. Sure they can argue or maybe get into a small confrontation similar to the encounters in Avengers; but no elseworld Dark Knight Returns fight making either of them to off as a pride hungry douche bag. Which shouldn't be their character traits to begin with in this film universe. I want this succeed and me and others have wanted this for a long time. They just need to do it properly and not rush it. Finding a new Batman shouldn't be that hard. I'm going to miss not having Bale as the caped crusader; but I guess it's time to move forward. I think Levitt would be appropriate for this transition; but if it's another guy that's fine.

A Private Eye

Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I completely agree. After I posted this info, I took a step back and realized it may be a little too soon for this kind of movie. I would love at least a sequel to Man of Steel establishing more of the core universe and character development. Then have Batman & Superman come in a few years later and have it work much better in terms of plot, pace, and not having to explain a whole lot either. It makes more sense especially after hearing certain reactions from the press & fans. I don't want this to be a brawl vs. movie either. Having to see which one is the better hero. That is a terrible idea. They need to establish their friendship and have them team up to maybe bring down a Lex with another bigger villain combo. Sure they can argue or maybe get into a small confrontation similar to the encounters in Avengers; but no elseworld Dark Knight Returns fight making either of them to off as a pride hungry douche bag. Which shouldn't be their character traits to begin with in this film universe. I want this succeed and me and others have wanted this for a long time. They just need to do it properly and not rush it. Finding a new Batman shouldn't be that hard. I'm going to miss not having Bale as the caped crusader; but I guess it's time to move forward. I think Levitt would be appropriate for this transition; but if it's another guy that's fine.

I know what you mean, give them chance to tell Superman's story first before you rope in Batman etc. They managed to tell the Batman story pretty well without other superheroes joining in and that did pretty ok at the box office. By getting Batman involved in film 2 of the MOS films it almost looks like they don't have confidence that it can be a success on it's own without playing the ace up their sleeve. Marvel teased the Avengers for about 5 years across 4/5 films before it happened. This looks like they're going to blow their load the first chance they get.

If they go with Levitt it links to the TDK trilogy which could pose a few continuity problems. When is the film supposedly set, everyone thinks Batman is dead, is this his first reappearance or is it known he's back? Not to mention that Nolan's Batman, be it Bale or Levitt is at the end of it all just a guy in a suit, he can be as tough as you like but in a one on one fight against Superman there's only one winner. It may be better if they sever ties with the TDK completely for the sake of moving any Batman/Superman tale they want to tell forward. Also, that way if they do fuck it up they haven't harmed the TDK trilogy 16

Board footer