You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

Intercourse wrote:

I think the implication was that improvements in the final outcomes (eg sucessful tour) are not due to this management being better than professional management but due to Axl having more need to tour to support his lifestyle in 2012 than he did in 2002/06 etc due to changes in the business.

Thanks Monkey. That's what I was saying. Axl has never liked touring. He didn't want to back Aerosmith during the AFD days, he said he wasn't well enough to tour UYI but was forced. He bailed on the first CD tour after a few gigs..

Now the guy is playing weddings...

This is to do with needing the money.
Marc Cantor alluded to the fact that Axl is a lot less wealthy than people think because his entourage and lifestyle cost him so much. Plus he has Azoff to pay off as part of his settlement.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I have to say to that, so what?

Again, I was answering a post that seemed to be knocking him for touring and playing private functions, period. They're touring to make a living. To pay the bills. And didn't he already pay off Azoff, which is the reason they're touring now? He's playing shows that are paying him an obscene amount of money. That's what I see. And I don't see where it matters.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Fair enough. I have no problem with him making money or touring.

The issue to me is that Jarmo and his ilk seem to be very disrespectful to bumble-foot.

And someone pointed out that since this management team got involved things run smoother than before they did, and I'm simply saying that if Axl's more cooperative these days it could be because he needs to be rather than anything wonderful his new management is doing.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Axl is more cooperative because he won't bad mouth Beta. He can't blame anyone anymore when things fuck up. No more blaming the"management" for things, because he'll be blaming fernando and Beta. We'll see how long this lasts.

And to be fair, if Beta delivers another album, I'll keep my mouth shut and give her full credit.

I'm going to have to go over to htgth to see what's up now with the Ron bashing.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

The issue to me is that Jarmo and his ilk seem to be very disrespectful to bumble-foot.

It just fortifies the revolving door vibe around the line up, even though this one has been around a while.

My last slab of mental BS on the touring issue...

The mad thing is that Beta could be pushing Axl to tour to keep him, her and her family in the luxury they are accoustomed to.

I don't believe that at 47 years of age Axl suddenly just found the appetite to tour endlessly.

If Axl can get $1M for playing a wedding, more power to him. However, its just another step back from the 'pure artist' image he has always put out there.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Good God, jarmo is a giant fucking DOUCHEBAG.

Bumblefoot wrote:
jarmo wrote:

Without gear? He was playing his own gear. We just didn't bring all the cases with us, for obvious reasons.

C'mon man, don't make me out to be a liar.    I had no fretless guitars, didn't have my amps, pedals & FX, I played on 1 guitar & a rental amp with no knowledge of what any of it would actually be.  The show went fine of course (I can modify what I do on the fly to fit whatever gear limits there are) but the only thing of my gear I had that I use at GNR shows was my guitar.

He was running his mouth until Ron showed up (and still stayed classy), while basically comparing Ron's spine injury to Axl's injuries and that they're all the same, or "an injury is an injury."

*pukes*

This is what you get with jarmo, a webmaster on a fan site, on your crew.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm guessing with the Lebeis' snouts most likely in the trough now to some degree, Im Betting there is probably a good chance of a new album. I will bet they will move heaven and earth to try and make it happen if it means it puts another buck in their personal coffers.

Sky Dog wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I think the implication was that improvements in the final outcomes (eg sucessful tour) are not due to this management being better than professional management but due to Axl having more need to tour to support his lifestyle in 2012 than he did in 2002/06 etc due to changes in the business.

Thanks Monkey. That's what I was saying. Axl has never liked touring. He didn't want to back Aerosmith during the AFD days, he said he wasn't well enough to tour UYI but was forced. He bailed on the first CD tour after a few gigs..

Now the guy is playing weddings...

This is to do with needing the money.
Marc Cantor alluded to the fact that Axl is a lot less wealthy than people think because his entourage and lifestyle cost him so much. Plus he has Azoff to pay off as part of his settlement.

would you drop the "settlement" thing...please. That was WAY done with the first US Tour. Live Nation/Azoff had nothing to do with this last huge Euro tour. Come on....He may need money but I am quite sure it has nothing to do with Azoff at this point. A man has to make a living and again, no one seems to consider the fact that the man looks and acts like he is having a really good time.:/

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good God, jarmo is a giant fucking DOUCHEBAG.

Bumblefoot wrote:
jarmo wrote:

Without gear? He was playing his own gear. We just didn't bring all the cases with us, for obvious reasons.

C'mon man, don't make me out to be a liar.    I had no fretless guitars, didn't have my amps, pedals & FX, I played on 1 guitar & a rental amp with no knowledge of what any of it would actually be.  The show went fine of course (I can modify what I do on the fly to fit whatever gear limits there are) but the only thing of my gear I had that I use at GNR shows was my guitar.

He was running his mouth until Ron showed up (and still stayed classy), while basically comparing Ron's spine injury to Axl's injuries and that they're all the same, or "an injury is an injury."

*pukes*

This is what you get with jarmo, a webmaster on a fan site, on your crew.

Fuck, Jarmo is a major FUCKWIT. Zero respect.

Seeing shit like this makes me want Ron to leave, as the guy deserves better, much better!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer