You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

-D- wrote:

Once again everyone used  to tease us with  $la$h and id always tell people to be careful cause when axl gets active u are gonna eat those words. Bon appet`ite

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Once again everyone used  to tease us with  $la$h and id always tell people to be careful cause when axl gets active u are gonna eat those words. Bon appet`ite

There's a difference between playing with anyone and everyone, and appearing on any show or event to promote yourself than to take a hefty paycheck for playing private gigs.  I know what you're getting at, but the two situations aren't nearly the same.  Surely you can see that.  Of course they're all in it to make money.  I don't remember people claiming Axl didn't care about money.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The only reason Axl doesn't do as much promo as Slash in my opinion is that he isn't consistently stable enough to do it. Remember Beta had to pull the trunk TV appearance on Axl as a surprise AFTER the show because if she'd told him in advance it would interfere with his show preparations because he'd over think it all.

Slash can have a bad interview where the guy pisses him off and walk out of there and play the show anyway that night. If the same thing happens to Axl he'll flip out and take a day to settle down and cancel the show.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The only reason Axl doesn't do as much promo as Slash in my opinion is that he isn't consistently stable enough to do it. Remember Beta had to pull the trunk TV appearance on Axl as a surprise AFTER the show because if she'd told him in advance it would interfere with his show preparations because he'd over think it all.

Slash can have a bad interview where the guy pisses him off and walk out of there and play the show anyway that night. If the same thing happens to Axl he'll flip out and take a day to settle down and cancel the show.

Agreed.  Slash always says how he hates doing interviews, yet he does them tirelessly when he has something to promote.  I don't think he's lying about that, I think he just pulls himself together to do things that should help him in the long run, even though it's not in his comfort zone.  Axl on the other hand, doesn't seem willing to make those exceptions. 

As for Slash performing with pop and hip hop stars, who knows for sure if Axl is "too cool" for that or not.  He said back when Baz asked him to guest on his record that he never gets asked to do such things.  So while I'd like to think he'd scoff at the idea of performing on a Pussycat Dolls album, who knows if they actually asked him.  Slash is a much more approachable guy, who can't seem to say no to anything or anyone.  Axl has that rough exterior, which I'm sure scares a lot of people off so those kind of requests just aren't made.

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Meh. BBF prob earns more doing one of those private gigs than most of us do in 6 months. Never mind Axl's cut.

Tbh, while I agree it's good the band members communicate to the fans & recognise the frustrations, Ron is starting to come across a little whiney bitch-y.
This isn't the first outburst from him, but he never changes anything or affects the situation. Instead he retreats & swallows the load Beta shoots in his mouth. & you can tell from his complaints that the $$$ must be what keeps him on board.
If he really felt strongly enough he'd do something about it.

I liked the initial tweets. They rang true. Truth is the truth hurts etc. but then he backed down like he always does. I don't want to call him spineless cause it'd be a really dodgy joke, but how many times is he gonna pull this shit? Either man-up or just shut-up y'know?

agree...starting to whine alot...he can always go back to teaching. I am sure he would make the same kinda money.:rolleyes:

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I've wondered if Axl is grooming Izzy to try and get him to perform/write on his next record.  He no doubt knows how crucial Izzy was to the song writing, plus maybe he figures it will buy him a bit more legitimacy by having him there.

If Ron were to leave I wonder if the position would be offered to Izzy.  Whether he would accept or not who knows, but then I wouldn't have expected Izzy to tag around with them like he has been.  So maybe if the $$'s are right...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know that anybody would want back into this circus at this point unless they need a check pretty badly.

Hey, he's not opposed to playing weddings or pirvate parties, unlike Ron.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Wow where and when was that.  There only seemed like literally a handful of people there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Easily BB King's best song.....

But if Ron leaves we can expect extended silence again while they find a new guy who can play like him. Not just anyone can rip out those fretless solos or all the crazy buckethead parts....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Aussie wrote:

^ Wow where and when was that.  There only seemed like literally a handful of people there.

It's at a wedding reception at someones house. He even had an intro, where he came down stairs, like it was an actual show.

I don't think Ron is going anywhere, he's done this before (can't blame him really. It's got to be soooo frustrating), but if he did leave I'd love to see them make a full on push to get Bucket back. I would worship at the alter of Beta if that happened. Seriously, not one bad word would ever cross my lips in that woman's direction if she pulled that off.

Board footer