You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

misterID wrote:

Since Roger hates the album version big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Wow, he does?
PM me info about that bootleg.

Oh..

Sometimes I could get even,
sometimes I could give it up.
Sometimes I could give,
sometimes I never give a fuck.

misterID

misterID wrote:
russtcb wrote:
misterID wrote:

Since Roger hates the album version big_smile

Side note (yes, it's another thread derailing fro me):

D, I have the audio bootleg of that Roger show, I can get it to you if interested.

Thanks dude. I actually have t somewhere around here. But thanks!

AndI'll even forgive you for calling me D 16

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

They were not chomping at the bit to play it, so stop that revisionist history. Some douche DJs actually refused to play the singles because of Slash not being there. So stop, already. CD did chart well, despite everything. We've already said a song doesn't have to be good to be a hit, and chart rankings have nothing to do with quality..

Wow talk about completely making shit up. A very small minority of dj's may have refused to play it but most, and by most I mean the overwhelming majority of dj's and radio programers were chomping at the bit to play NEW Guns N' Roses. To suggest this wasn't the case is simply refusing to live in reality. You pick a few isolated incidents of dj's not wanting to play it and passing that off as the norm across the board? Gimme a break roll Also had it caught on with listeners of the other stations that did play it it would've become a big hit and the "rebels" not playing it would've caved and thrown it inot rotation. Fact is it didn't catch on because it wasn't what people cared for. Whether it was good or bad is subjective but the fact remains it was given a fair chance and the public rejected it. That's it, that's all. Twist it anyway you want but that is reality.

I didn't make anything up. These were things listed on these boards at the time it was released. And I didn't say it was the reason, or that's what every DJ was doing, which is why I said "some" not all, not a bunch, not most, not widespread, but "some", to make my bigger point that people were not "chomping at the bit" to play a new GN'R single.

And that the single did fairly well, but I don't remember anyone "chomping at the bit" to play it. I also said chart positions didn't mean anything. Several times.

Sorry you didnt take time to read what I said before you posted that long, knee jerk, over-reactionary rant. neutral

The fact you say radio stations were NOT chomping at the bit says it all dude. A very small minority of dj's didn't wanna play it but you use that as the basis of your arguement and for you to go on and on about how nobody was chomping at the bit to play a  new Gn'r single is just flat out dellusional fanboy perspectve at it's finest,  end of story. There isn't much more to  it than than that. You said they were not chomping at the  bit so stop with the revisionist history. It's a JOKE that' you'd even argue it. . FACT is most were chomping at the bit. Anyone with a  brain would be chomping at the bit to play the Guns N' Roses single. To suggest otherwise is laughable. Oh but an extreme minority didn't want so Guns was sabataged. roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

Wow talk about completely making shit up. A very small minority of dj's may have refused to play it but most, and by most I mean the overwhelming majority of dj's and radio programers were chomping at the bit to play NEW Guns N' Roses. To suggest this wasn't the case is simply refusing to live in reality. You pick a few isolated incidents of dj's not wanting to play it and passing that off as the norm across the board? Gimme a break roll Also had it caught on with listeners of the other stations that did play it it would've become a big hit and the "rebels" not playing it would've caved and thrown it inot rotation. Fact is it didn't catch on because it wasn't what people cared for. Whether it was good or bad is subjective but the fact remains it was given a fair chance and the public rejected it. That's it, that's all. Twist it anyway you want but that is reality.

I didn't make anything up. These were things listed on these boards at the time it was released. And I didn't say it was the reason, or that's what every DJ was doing, which is why I said "some" not all, not a bunch, not most, not widespread, but "some", to make my bigger point that people were not "chomping at the bit" to play a new GN'R single.

And that the single did fairly well, but I don't remember anyone "chomping at the bit" to play it. I also said chart positions didn't mean anything. Several times.

Sorry you didnt take time to read what I said before you posted that long, knee jerk, over-reactionary rant. neutral

The fact you say radio stations were NOT chomping at the bit says it all dude. A very small minority of dj's didn't wanna play it but you use that as the basis of your arguement and for you to go on and on about how nobody was chomping at the bit to play a  new Gn'r single is just flat out dellusional fanboy perspectve at it's finest,  end of story. There isn't much more to  it than than that. You said they were not chomping at the  bit so stop with the revisionist history. It's a JOKE that' you'd even argue it. . FACT is most were chomping at the bit. Anyone with a  brain would be chomping at the bit to play the Guns N' Roses single. To suggest otherwise is laughable. Oh but an extreme minority didn't want so Guns was sabataged. roll

No, the world was not waiting for the next GN'R single, especially since Better and IRS were already being played on the radio years before the album dropped. Even Shackler's was played when it leaked. And I'm sure it wasn't coincidence that it wasn't being played on Clear Channel stations all that much. But I'm sure in a month the new argument will be that nobody cared about a new GN'R song without Slash again, just like it was before D rewrote history... Again.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The world might be an exaggeration, but certainly enough that had the first single been good it would have been well received.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah but axl didnt make alot from 95-2006. So ten yrs can dent ur account. Album royalties only go so far

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If AC/DC and Metallica can make big comebacks on mediocre material surely Axl can too.

For that to happen he needs to play ball though.

Board footer