You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

monkeychow wrote:

Don't get the fascination with Bucket to be honest.

This will piss people off but I think Axl needs a guy who can write SONGS and RIFFS that Axl can add his thing to to make cohesive completed works. When you give him a song - like Izzy did - he makes it 100 times better. But  Bucket makes instrumentals that usually have abnormal structures - when he writes a riff he mixes it with 3 or 4 other riffs and jumps genres/styles/time signatures at random...he's awesome technically...and really interesting in an advant guard kind of way...but he's the worst thing for Axl...Axl already cuts and pastes stuff to hell and makes disjointed music....all bucket will do to Axl is provide shred fills, weird noises and stuff and if he does contribute the whole basis of a song - it's going to be something that makes the style jumps on Better look like classic rock structure.

I just don't think he's right for the sound unless you want GNR to be a primus kind of experimental weird band.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:

IDK about you guys but I'd love to see Izzy back if Ron left. His song writing is priceless

Also screw Fortus and bring Bucket back in

And I wouldn't mind dumping DJ either and leaving it at Izzy and Buckethead, but that's a realistic dream, unlike a reunion

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Monkey, Bucket contributed the most POP-oriented, traditionally structured music of all the members of the group:  Shackler's, Scraped and Sorry. There was nothing experimental, or Primus about what he contrinuted to GN'R. He was probably the best thing for Axl as a songwriter. Shacklers was the catchiest song on the album, but was heavily edited with Ron. If anything, Ron seems like the wrong fit for Axl musically, tbh. Sorry's music was better than Axl's lyrics. So, you lost me there, man.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Monkey, Bucket contributed the most POP-oriented, traditionally structured music of all the members of the group:  Shackler's, Scraped and Sorry. There was nothing experimental, or Primus about what he contrinuted to GN'R. He was probably the best thing for Axl as a songwriter. Shacklers was the catchiest song on the album, but was heavily edited with Ron. If anything, Ron seems like the wrong fit for Axl musically, tbh. Sorry's music was better than Axl's lyrics. So, you lost me there, man.

Shacklers was NOT the catchiest thing on CD. And scrapped? Are kidding, pop oriented? C'mon WTF?  Sorry was pretty cool but Better and CD were the ones that had the shot at being catchy not Shacklers or Scraped. roll

I agree 100% with Monkey. Bucket kicks ass but the lack of quality songs(in my opinion) on CD says to me he was most defintely NOT ghe best thing for Axl and for all the reasons Monkey stated. The best thing for Axl was Slash. Havinga  guy that could bring Axl's vision to fruition without having to cut and paste a million different ideas to make it half assed close.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Aussie wrote:

I've wondered if Axl is grooming Izzy to try and get him to perform/write on his next record.  He no doubt knows how crucial Izzy was to the song writing, plus maybe he figures it will buy him a bit more legitimacy by having him there.

If Ron were to leave I wonder if the position would be offered to Izzy.  Whether he would accept or not who knows, but then I wouldn't have expected Izzy to tag around with them like he has been.  So maybe if the $$'s are right...

At this point I'd be fine with a revolving door of musicians if we could slowly get the new ones out and the old ones in...just sayin'.

DJ can go first.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
-D- wrote:

Once again everyone used  to tease us with  $la$h and id always tell people to be careful cause when axl gets active u are gonna eat those words. Bon appet`ite

I'm guilty.

But for now, I'm only taking a small bite outta those words. smile

There is a huge leap between Slash and Axl when it comes to the way they go about their business.

I'm no expert when it comes to organizing huge tours. But it seems that sponsorship is an industry norm these days and have been for some years. The private shows I believe they could do without.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
-D- wrote:

Once again everyone used  to tease us with  $la$h and id always tell people to be careful cause when axl gets active u are gonna eat those words. Bon appet`ite

There's a difference between playing with anyone and everyone, and appearing on any show or event to promote yourself than to take a hefty paycheck for playing private gigs.  I know what you're getting at, but the two situations aren't nearly the same.  Surely you can see that.  Of course they're all in it to make money.  I don't remember people claiming Axl didn't care about money.

I'm surprised, I didn't expect from you. Maybe your account got hacked or what?

This millionaire's birthday party is not the first occasion when Axl's whoring out himself and Guns N' Roses. He made many private shows in the past few years and many 'fashion parties'. You are right that there is a difference between playing with Black Eyed Peas and playing for millionaires. The first can be done for a friend, the second is done for the money. Here lies your answer.

Oh, and don't forget that Axl doesn't care about money and fame. It's official. His people claimed it in a press release.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I honestly don't get the problem on either side.

They're musicians = it's their JOB to play music.

They're also artists in that they're amazing composers, but they got to work to earn a living, and they do it.

I actually think BOTH axl and Slash have a lot of musical integrity.

Sure - Slash plays for everyone - but he only plays GUITAR which is what he loves - and he only plays HIS way on those tracks. So he played with MJ who is a pop artist and Slash was a hard rocker. But he played a soulful fucking blues solo didn't he on that track! What slash won't do is play outside his style or if he doesn't feel he has something to add. It's why he wasn't happy to add to my world of the NIN direction Axl was going in.

Same with Axl...sure he plays shows for money or whatever, but I'm sure if I offered him limitless money to do something he doesn't want to do - like reunite with Slash - or sing some song that's shit of my friends or something - he wouldn't do it.

They're both stuborn as fuck - but I see them both as having a lot of integrity music wise....and financially...well everyone has to earn a living.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...if you like I could start up about what I think about Izzy showing up here and not at RRHOF... wink

I do see what you mean though.

Board footer