You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

buzzsaw wrote:

If he hadn't gotten it right in 15 years, I don't think another 4 years is going to make the difference.

johndivney wrote:

if if truly is as hung-up on CD as reports suggest, he needs to stop being so precious.

it's hard to reconcile his devotion to mediocre material for when there is so much other shit going astray in the same company.

it's unseemly & unhealthy to have such uninspired dedication to a lost cause. it's a waste of energy, talent & time. it is beating a dead horse.

& for what? at the end of the day? what has all the torture & grandstanding got him? he can't even present the album live cause he can't sing the songs! how the fuck r you gonna promote an album 5 yrs old when you can't even play the material?
it makes no sense, this preciousness. let it break.

& also, it's like, ok. well, haven't you got anything else to say? it's been like 15yrs of the same material. about you being the soul survivor & being betrayed yada yada yada. change the script already..

that's what it feels like sometimes... like his spite & venom is his muse. like he has to keep that hatred close or he'll lose what he has to talk about. but by this stage it is like okay, i've had enough, what else can you show me?

Sky Dog wrote:

In my opinion, the only way a re-release would make sense is if he packages it with the "alleged" second album of songs from the old recording sessions. Give the fans 2 albums for the price of one or simply do a boxset for the hardcores.

A single release with no extras would be silly...which measns it will happen!:haha:

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

I'm not overly keen on a re-release. At least if it's only new artwork.

But I bet I'd buy it anyway.

If the leaked artwork from a few years ago are the real deal, I wouldn't mind getting that on vinyl! Great artwork and correct lyrics etc....

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

If the leaked artwork from a few years ago are the real deal, I wouldn't mind getting that on vinyl! Great artwork and correct lyrics etc....

And as a result you are part of the problem.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Supporting GN'R is like celibacy.

I'll take a release, any release.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Nah...I'm pretty sure it won't swing Axl's decision either way.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If this was the plan all along, why did they get rid of Doc????

Okay, a re-release would have to have either Jackie Chan or Blood In The Water, or both. Because that seemed to be part of a re-release plan.

And come on guys, if you don't want a re-release, don't buy it. It obviously means a lot to the guy that it was released the way it was. If it comes with a new album like jarmo implied, then great.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Nah...I'm pretty sure it won't swing Axl's decision either way.

I realized as I hit submit I probably didn't phrase that well.  The fact the people are willing to throw money at subpar effort keeps him from having to put an effort into anything.

Now that doesn't mean it's YOUR fault specifically or Axl would have put some effort into CD had you not purchased a copy.  Heck, I'm doing my part too by going to a concert I fully expect to be the same half-assed show he's been doing off and on for the past 10 years and I have 2 copies of an album I have no intention of ever opening much less listening to.  We're all guilty because we're fans of Axl and/or this GnR on some level...and he can milk that forever without ever putting forth more effort than he has since 1994.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

If this was the plan all along, why did they get rid of Doc????

Okay, a re-release would have to have either Jackie Chan or Blood In The Water, or both. Because that seemed to be part of a re-release plan.

And come on guys, if you don't want a re-release, don't buy it. It obviously means a lot to the guy that it was released the way it was. If it comes with a new album like jarmo implied, then great.

If I was Axl and it meant a lot to me, I never would have released anything like that.  I know I'm not Axl, but I mean when I'm passionate about something, I give it 110% even if nobody else likes it or cares.  When I don't care, I pretend I'm releasing CD.

Board footer