You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

misterID wrote:

If it was taken out of your hands and released half assed, even if it was your fault (which it was) you're not going to just throw in the towel after 15 years of work and say okay, after you have a vision in your head of how it should be. At least I wouldn't.

At the end of the day, if it gives the dude peace of mind, then I don't see the harm in it. Especially if it's a dual release with a new album.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sky Dog wrote:

In my opinion, the only way a re-release would make sense is if he packages it with the "alleged" second album of songs from the old recording sessions. Give the fans 2 albums for the price of one or simply do a boxset for the hardcores.

A single release with no extras would be silly...which measns it will happen!:haha:

Of course. The plan you just mentioned would be a perfect strategy; but this is Axl we are talking about. So it probably won't happen. 14

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

If it was taken out of your hands and released half assed, even if it was your fault (which it was) you're not going to just throw in the towel after 15 years of work and say okay, after you have a vision in your head of how it should be. At least I wouldn't.

At the end of the day, if it gives the dude peace of mind, then I don't see the harm in it. Especially if it's a dual release with a new album.

The irony is that Axl's own work on the album made the songs feel half-assed. He fiddled with them so much in the studio that the songs are overproduced and yet still sound unfinished in a lot of cases. I think CD is a classic case of an artist overthinking it. Your demos shouldn't sound better than your final product, but that is the case on quite a few CD tracks.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

In my opinion, the only way a re-release would make sense is if he packages it with the "alleged" second album of songs from the old recording sessions. Give the fans 2 albums for the price of one or simply do a boxset for the hardcores.

A single release with no extras would be silly...which measns it will happen!:haha:

I completely agree with you. I think that they shouldn't tamper with the remaining songs off the CD sessions, in fact they should take off Bumblefoot / Frank parts if they can. Then start afresh and see what they've got to offer.

Thinking out loud here - strip out as much crap as possible. If its a double CD how about reorder the tracks so that all of the more 'progressive/industrial' harder tracks (oh my god, rhiad, silkworms) are bundled together and the more classic tracks presented separately, perhaps with Brian May's contribution included this time. Bung on a copy of 'sailing', Back in the USSR and whole lotta rosie and there you have it a nice big box set for xmas

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't even know where to begin with this post. 

I don't believe anything was taken out of his hands.  He got a deal to clear him of the money he owed and he gave it to them.  If after however many years of work, that's the condition your "baby" is in, that's on you, not on the record company.

So in my opinion, he threw in the towel years ago; years before the release even.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't even know where to begin with this post. 

I don't believe anything was taken out of his hands.  He got a deal to clear him of the money he owed and he gave it to them.  If after however many years of work, that's the condition your "baby" is in, that's on you, not on the record company.

So in my opinion, he threw in the towel years ago; years before the release even.

To quote The Hangover, Buzz is back baby. He's fuckin' back! tongue

misterID

misterID wrote:

They couldn't even get the lyrics right. It literaly makes the songs sound dumb and make no sense. The album is still his baby, if he wants it done properly, that's for him to decide. If they did not release it the way he wanted by mistake, or if they deliberately sent out like they did, I can see his point.

Again, why is this such a big deal?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

They couldn't even get the lyrics right. It literaly makes the songs sound dumb and make no sense. The album is still his baby, if he wants it done properly, that's for him to decide. If they did not release it the way he wanted by mistake, or if they deliberately sent out like they did, I can see his point.

Again, why is this such a big deal?

It isn't a big deal, and that's exactly the problem. He has no audience, so this re-release will go over like a wet fart during Christmas dinner. To build his fanbase, he needs to release new music.

misterID

misterID wrote:

The album will always be available, it WILL be purchased by new listeners in the coming years. Why not make sure it was done right?

I don't see this having anything to do with new material or trying to build his fanbase, but more of correcting a problem that matters to him.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

The album will always be available, it WILL be purchased by new listeners in the coming years. Why not make sure it was done right?

I don't see this having anything to do with new material or trying to build his fanbase, but more of correcting a problem that matters to him.

Shouldn't it have been done right the first time?

Board footer