You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Bumblefoot not happy? Speculating....

Sky Dog wrote:

yep.....it just shows you REALLY what went on when you get quotes from the actual time it was happening. For example, Gilby backs Axl's claims by saying Duff rejected the Snakepit songs as well. Gilby says it in real time May 94 then Axl chimes in about it 5 years later. (but people claim everything Axl says is bullshit-which is just not true). Slash wanted control and Axl wanted control. Simple as that....classic case of rock and roll egos. The name issue then finally was the straw that broke the camels back in 1996. sad

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

yep.....it just shows you REALLY what went on when you get quotes from the actual time it was happening. For example, Gilby backs Axl's claims by saying Duff rejected the Snakepit songs as well. Gilby says it in real time May 94 then Axl chimes in about it 5 years later. (but people claim everything Axl says is bullshit-which is just not true). Slash wanted control and Axl wanted control. Simple as that....classic case of rock and roll egos. The name issue then finally was the straw that broke the camels back in 1996. sad

Actually, if you read Duff's book, he says in his own words that he agreed with Axl's assessment that the Snakepit songs sounded like Southern rock.

Ali

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I was about to post what Ali did. Duff backs Axl version. He may be a crazy prick but he's cOnsistent enough to be trusted, in my pov, very differently from Slash.

otto

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and by recording over/drowning out alot of Izzy's guitar parts on UYI. There are alot of references on the subject but unfortunately I don't have them at my fingertips. If you guys don't think Slash was on a powertrip as well, then you are as much in LA-LA land as the Axlites. You should re-read Axl's side of the story sometime in the online chats. He has some very good counter punches to your arguments about the breakup and the name issue. While I think he exaggerates some, there clearly was a major major power struggle going on between him and Slash from 94-96. Slash didn't give a shit about Izzy being gone. It was more power and control for him. Gilby did whatever Slash wanted and that is why SI sucks and Snakepit sucked. But, I digress....

To continually put your Slashite blinders on in every single situation, is just as lame as what you guys criticize on a daily, hourly basis. It takes two to tango and Slash, in my eyes, is just as big a prick as Axl. He is just better at hiding his prickness. 21

This post deserves a positive Karma.
big_smile

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I was about to post what Ali did. Duff backs Axl version. He may be a crazy prick but he's cOnsistent enough to be trusted, in my pov, very differently from Slash.

My problem with both of them is the ridiculous attempts to downplay each other's contributions. Slash shits on the band's ballads because Axl wrote them even though ballads are arguably the best thing about old GN'R (SCOM, Patience, DC, NR, Estranged). Meanwhile, Axl claims Slash should have left after GN'R Lies even though Slash contributed amazing material to the UYI albums. Both of them look like assholes for shitting on each other's contributions.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

ottosporteman wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

and by recording over/drowning out alot of Izzy's guitar parts on UYI. There are alot of references on the subject but unfortunately I don't have them at my fingertips. If you guys don't think Slash was on a powertrip as well, then you are as much in LA-LA land as the Axlites. You should re-read Axl's side of the story sometime in the online chats. He has some very good counter punches to your arguments about the breakup and the name issue. While I think he exaggerates some, there clearly was a major major power struggle going on between him and Slash from 94-96. Slash didn't give a shit about Izzy being gone. It was more power and control for him. Gilby did whatever Slash wanted and that is why SI sucks and Snakepit sucked. But, I digress....

To continually put your Slashite blinders on in every single situation, is just as lame as what you guys criticize on a daily, hourly basis. It takes two to tango and Slash, in my eyes, is just as big a prick as Axl. He is just better at hiding his prickness. 21

This post deserves a positive Karma.
big_smile

Agreed!

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

My problem with both of them is the ridiculous attempts to downplay each other's contributions. Slash shits on the band's ballads because Axl wrote them even though ballads are arguably the best thing about old GN'R (SCOM, Patience, DC, NR, Estranged). Meanwhile, Axl claims Slash should have left after GN'R Lies even though Slash contributed amazing material to the UYI albums. Both of them look like assholes for shitting on each other's contributions.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.  I don't know too many Slash fans that don't realize he was a big part of the problem.  It's easier to blame Axl because he makes sure everybody knows he's a dick, but as much of a Slash fan as I am, I'd rather know someone's a dick upfront rather than wonder what he's doing that I don't know about.  That's how Slash appears to have operated, and if you're a little paranoid like Axl, well, it's not going to end well.  And it didn't.

otto

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Completely agree on this. Both sound bitter and it's no different from a marriage that didn't end well enough to the moments together to be cherished instead of downplayed.

My point was that when things relate to the breakup and how things went historically, Axl is more reliable for several reasons: he was not on a drug haze, he's consistent, he often hides some facts and may even bend the truth but he never was caught in a lie (at least until now).

I'm not saying he's perfect but of all the sides, he's TO ME, more reliable.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I really couldn't care less about the lack of trust between the two of them. Obviously that led to the band breaking up. My problem with both of them is that in the process of trying to downplay each other's work, they shit on the band itself. As a huge fan of AFD, Lies, and UYI, that pisses me off big time. I'm a fan of the old GN'R sound, period. I love what they did on all 4 of those albums and I feel it's a slap in the face to their own fans when either of them starts shitting on each other's work like that. Axl thinks UYI would have turned out the same or better without Slash? Fuck Axl. Slash thinks the ballads Axl wrote were garbage? Fuck Slash. Fuck both of them for not respecting the classic music they created.

Sky Dog wrote:

In the end, neither Slash nor Axl (or Izzy for that matter) have written anything solo that comes close to matching what they did in Gnr. Tejas, now you are just getting me pissed! 16

Board footer